Chaos

BlahBlahQueen

BlahBlahQueen

OK everything's progressing along fairly well with my bf, and then BOOM! out of nowhere, my ex (whom I'd been dating for a month, up until a month and a half ago, when we got in a horrible car wreck that put him in a coma) wakes up and starts improving extremely rapidly. He's talking, functioning, making sense, and remembering almost everything. The doctors had said he was a goner, neurologically... and after a month of unbearable mourning I decided to go on with life and start dating again. Now this miracle happens. I go visit him at the hospital today. I thought he'd lose memory of the month before the accident, like the doctors said would happen if he ever got out of vegetative state, but nope. He remembers up until a few days before it.

Problem: he (obviously) still thinks we're together! He called me his angel, and kept taking my hand and kissing it, and pulling me in to kiss me on the mouth... I sat on his bed and he pulled me down and held me and stroked me for almost an hour... he sang me a song... what on Earth do I do now??? I adore my current boyfriend, but when I look at my "ex" and he looks at me, I feel those old severed feelings again... and I can't possibly tell someone who's recovering from brain injury, and needs all the positive reinforcement he can get, that I found someone else while he was sleeping! Especially someone who apparently is a lot more fond of me than he ever let on while we were together.

Oh my god, this is unreal, what do I do???

• Author
BlahBlahQueen
can you talk to his family or his parents on how to handle it ?

Been there, done that. No one can give me a straight answer. You must admit, it's not a normal situation. There's no manual for this sort of thing.

This is awesome! He is alive! You make it sound like you wanted him to be dead.

You can be there for his support, but you should tell him that you have moved onto someone else (i might be a bit mean....but it didn't take you too long, did it). You only dated for a month, that's not enough time to even get to know each other. He won't be heartbroken. One month out of his whole life is nothing. And he has his life back now, I don't think he will be stressing out over the loss for too long.

If he had a BI, he might be permanently affected in some ways. He might need to re-learn many things, and he might not be the same person. It is up to you to decide if (to you) he is worth the 'hassle'.

Good luck! Don't play games with him, just be nice and honest.

maybe you can make sure you only spend "some" time with him and make sure his family is with you.

Mention to him several times while you are there that being his friend is real special to you.

I can understand the position you are in.. and telling him the truth could have a hegative effect on him but honestly I think you need to have his family tell him if he continues to want to kiss you..

• Author
BlahBlahQueen
This is awesome! He is alive! You make it sound like you wanted him to be dead.

Don't even joke like that. You have no idea what I've gone through. I WAS THE DRIVER IN THE ACCIDENT.