A message to my cruel boyfriend...

jen_jen_heartbroken

jen_jen_heartbroken

How did I go from being someone you love…the love of your life…to trash you callously throw away, all in the span of one day? How do you turn your feelings from love to hate like that? Please teach me how you do it, so I never get hurt again. Maybe if I can go through my life never really caring about someone else the way that you do, then I won’t ever suffer another broken heart.

It`s been said that women fake orgasms but men fake relationships.

Maybe that gives you a clue how it`s done.:(

clandestinidad

Did you send him that? Gotten any response yet? I havent been on in a while, so I guess I missed what happened...I'll search for it

The opposite of love is not hate it's apathy .......

Are you sure you did not hurt him somehow ?

I have never seen anyone go from love to hate without being hurt ......

I could be wrong

• Author
jen_jen_heartbroken
jen...was it about his job and time together???

Kat, one month ago he just stopped calling, returning my calls, emails and letters. This went on for two weeks. Finally, I got fed up and left all the cards and gifts he gave me in a bag on his doorstep.

Two hours later I get an email from him begging me to give him another chance. He said that he was depressed and was shutting everyone out, even his family. He said his job was overwhelming him. He went on and on about how he never wanted to hurt me, and he loves me and i'm the love of his life, blah, blah, blah.

So I gave him another chance. I didn't demand more "time" with him, because I knew his job was keeping him at the office until midnight or later on most days. I only asked him that he check in with me once a day so that I know he's okay. A quick phone call to exchange I love yous.

The first week he was great. Then by the second week he fell back into the same pattern of not calling for five days. I saw him last friday for a quick dinner. He said he had to work on Saturday. I talked to him about the importance of basic communication in a relationship, and he said he was really sorry and wouldn't do it again. So when I hadn't heard from him by late evening, I sent an email to his work asking, "Are you at work?" To which he responded, "I told you I had to work this weekend!"

Ever since Saturday he's not returned any of my calls, emails, text messages or letters. I left him his Christmas gift at his door (we are neighbors) hoping that he would at least call to say thank you. Nope. He never said thank you. I feel duped. Lied to. Tossed away like trash.

Someone who will go 2 weeks with no contact and then say he was too busy is full of bullsh*t.

He is just not that into you.

Are you gals getting tired of that line:confused:

I can be a bit of a romantic Jen . I love stories of second and third chances.. to me it shows the range that love can go.. I have even wanted my second chances before..

but when your guy took his second chance and shiots on you the way he just has.. within a month. then I think you need to wax him

Let him go.. Sorry that this has to happen of the holiday ** hugz***

clandestinidad

oh dear, jen....i really feel for you. What he did is pretty confusing to say the least. I cant understand why someone would do that.

I had a similar situation with the whole 'calling every now and then just to say Hi' thing, and he would argue with me about it and never did it. Its extremely hurtful to TELL someone flat out what you want/need and they absolutely refuse to do it. Makes it seem like if they cant satisfy this small thing, what else will they do..and do they even love me?! I, like you, say NO they dont. I dont know if thats a female thing or not.

Its so sad that his supposed depression has crushed you like this. Do you think he was being truthful about that?

Anyway, how have you been dealing with this? Where are you for the holidays? Are you doing okay?

Art---does this sound like my ex??? hmmmm??? lol

Jen-I had the same problem. 2nd to work and then when I put my foot down he would change and be so sweet for all of a week and then back to crap. They do not change. They want us to hang on and give nothing in return and when we say no thanks, they freak. I know it is hard, but let go and find someone that appreciates you...that is what I am trying to do. I got ignored and hurt and decided enough is enough.

And I am sure he does not hate you.

• Author
jen_jen_heartbroken

Its so sad that his supposed depression has crushed you like this. Do you think he was being truthful about that?

Anyway, how have you been dealing with this? Where are you for the holidays? Are you doing okay?

Kat, after talking with him tonight (he finally called), I really do think he's severly depressed. He's allowing this job to kill him. I could tell he was crying. On the one hand, I feel bad for what he is going through (20+ hours of work a day), but his lack of communication was very cruel, and I let him know that. He was apologetic about hurting me....again...and said that he knows he's not being fair to me.

He said he didn't open the Christmas gift I left him, because he was waiting for the 25th. He asked if he could drop off the one he got for me. I told him okay.

The way we left things is that I told him that he really needs to look long and hard at what price he is paying for this job that is controlling his life. He needs to make sure he sees the shrink his doctor referred him to and remember to take his medication. I said that he also needs to think long and hard about how cruel he treated me...whether intentional or not, and he needs to decide if he's ready to have a relationship with me and treat me the way i deserve to be treated. And that we would talk again after the new year.

Thank God for my best friend and my mom, or I'd be a bigger emotional wreck than I am.