Why Do I Keep Getting Dumped?

CityGirl88

I seriously need some advice. Four out of the five guys I dated this year dumped me. I guess you would call it being dumped. After a few dates, I never hear from them again. They just stop calling. I don't even know what happens. I never have sex on the first or second date and we always have such a great time when we go out. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. A few of them did reappear after a couple of months, (not for sex) and then they would disappear again. I must really be making bad choices in men. Also, I know that they are not married. I am pretty attractive and in good shape. I must really be naive or something.

Even my teenage son will break up with a girl to her face if it is not working out. He doesn't just disappear on her.

I have never met so many men like this. What is going on? I'm afraid to date any more. I feel like such a fool and my self esteem has hit rock bottom. Help! Somebody please tell me what I should do. Does this happen to everyone or just me?

maybe you're picking commitment phobes ........... it's not about you, them running anyway ...why you pick them is about you

Even my teenage son will break up with a girl to her face if it is not working out. He doesn't just disappear on her.

That could be it.

I'm not going to sugarcoat my advice unlike other women or gay kinda men on here. As a man if I'm dating a woman and she mentioned she has a kid, her value just dropped 50% unless she was making $$$ and the kid's dad is dead/deadbeat.

However those guys should breakup from person to person instead of taking the wussy way out.

LifeRealistic

Being Realistic would be - to ask realistic hard questions about yourself...

Are you a nag? just kidding

Are you immature, or too serious?

Are you demanding? Expect perfection?

Do you put out too quickly without them really getting to know YOU ?- you mentioned 2 dates --woo hooo, you really know how to hold out. I would say MIN of 3 months. Lets be a little bit of a lady. Lets say you only go out once every weekend , thats only dates - their are other things to do rather than sex. Let them know who you are , your past, talk about family, what you like etc...a person only sticks around if they are intrgiued. And dont let it all out on one date...spread your information out. Go out on fun dates - amusements parks, concerts, things that will not need cozy alone time- Make a man WORK for that - it is all that much more rewarded if they crave it, and if they really want you - it will drive them NUTS, and they will RESPECT you!!

Or who knows it could be them, and I really do not think it is because you have a child. In the 1940's my grandmother had 6 children, only to marry another man and have 8 more with him!

• Author

Well I don't think it is because I have a kid either. My son is almost 18 and getting ready to graduate from highschool and will be leaving for college soon. As far as making $$$, I have owned my own business for over 10 years and do just fine.

I am not immature or nag and like I said we always had a really good time just laughing and talking. I usually sleep with a guy after about the sixth date not two dates. Sorry, I haven't waited three months. Yes, we do only go out on weekends, because I stay pretty busy with my business during the week. I certainly don't act too serious or demanding, I truly try to get to know the person. I don't have anything to hide in my past, so I don't have a lot of information about my past to tell.

Last year, I dated a guy for almost a year and I said something about us having such a good relationship and he couldn't run fast enough.

So if they are disappearing because I am not waiting three months to have sex, I guess that is it.