How Long Should You Date Before You Sleep Together

Lilly

I would like to get everyone's opinion on how long you think you should date someone before you sleep with them. I have heard that you should date someone for two months before you sleep with them. Personally, I think that is a pretty long time. I usually sleep with someone on the fourth or fifth date if I really like them. Is that too soon?

How long is a piece of string is another of these type of questions. Some people do on the first date some people wait till they are married and there is everything in between. (And beyond it would seem!)

My advice is when you are comfortable with the guy and trust him, whenever that happens and you still want to.

It is your body and your decision, don't be swayed by anyone elses opinions or pressure from men.

Is that too soon?

I think girls should hit the sack as soon as you accept a date. Hello, which side of the bed do you want?;) The sooner the better, (just being a guy):D .

I think girls should hit the sack as soon as you accept a date. Hello, which side of the bed do you want?;) The sooner the better, (just being a guy):D .

:D

That sounds like 100% honesty Yamaha, watch out I hear the bombs dropping!!

:eek:

I think girls should hit the sack as soon as you accept a date. Hello, which side of the bed do you want?;)

Wow, that even assumes that there will sleep/cuddle time afterwards. What happened to the good ol' days of just banging one out, pulling up your pants, and hitting the road?? :D

• Author

Thanks Art Critic for the info about the other thread. Yes, that is pretty much what I was asking. I guess what I am wanting to know is when is it too soon to have sex where they lose respect for you. I think the person on the other thread hit it right on when he said that men love the chase. Sometime people can become clingy after they have sex with someone.

:D

That sounds like 100% honesty Yamaha, watch out I hear the bombs dropping!!

:eek:

Honesty usually gets the most p*ssy.:D

Women want it just as much as us. Why wait? Do the deed and you can both find out what your like in the sack.

I usually sleep with someone on the fourth or fifth date if I really like them. Is that too soon?

thats about right LILLY. Between dates 4 and 6. I don't believe I've ever had to wait more than 4 or 5 weeks to bag 'em. Some women give it up on the 1st date and that's always fun cause I never expect it. But I can dig her wanting to wait a month. Any more than that and I may split. :)

Many variables. If there are potential rivals vying for your target, you may want to secure your position faster.

I think most women should hold out, not sleeping with anyone...until they meet GP. Then they should go for it as soon as possible.

Absoloutely individual

I've dated a couple of girls on and off for years. No sex, never will be. They are just social company.

And I've known a few others, once again that I've been freinds with for some time, who have dropped in at my place, usually as a break in a long trip. And these girls have been happy to enjoy a weekends sex before continuing on. No dating, no boyfriend girlfriend. Just a couple of friends enjoying a little sex.

Honesty usually gets the most p*ssy.:D

Women want it just as much as us. Why wait? Do the deed and you can both find out what your like in the sack.

:laugh:

Yes indeed but with Slubbers proviso!

I would like to get everyone's opinion on how long you think you should date someone before you sleep with them. I have heard that you should date someone for two months before you sleep with them. Personally, I think that is a pretty long time. I usually sleep with someone on the fourth or fifth date if I really like them. Is that too soon?

it depends on what you want out of that relationship.

if you really like the guy and would like to be in a monogamous relationship with him, then i suggest you hold it off until both of you have mutually decided to be exclusive... otherwise, feelings of neediness/clinginess will soon occur if he doesn't want to be exclusive with you (and you want more)...

now, if you just want to have some fun, well it's up to you. sometimes, people follow the 3-date rule. sometimes not at all. i think it all depends on the chemistry between two people.

it depends on what you want out of that relationship.

if you really like the guy and would like to be in a monogamous relationship with him, then i suggest you hold it off until both of you have mutually decided to be exclusive... otherwise, feelings of neediness/clinginess will soon occur if he doesn't want to be exclusive with you (and you want more)...

now, if you just want to have some fun, well it's up to you. sometimes, people follow the 3-date rule. sometimes not at all. i think it all depends on the chemistry between two people.

This is excellent college girl advice -- if you think the guy really likes you and you think he's a decent guy, you should make him wait longer than the drunk guy you just met in the bar who's getting it tonight...

Personally, if I get that kind of action before the 4th date (about a month time elapsed), I will probably conclude she is easy and conclude that she has a high body count.

Just like if I started giving her flowers and talking about china patterns too early, she'll conclude I am easy.

Just like if I started giving her flowers and talking about china patterns too early, she'll conclude I am easy.

or worse yet, desperate...

slubberdegullion
Personally, if I get that kind of action before the 4th date (about a month time elapsed), I will probably conclude she is easy and conclude that she has a high body count.

I'm trying hard, but I have trouble seeing the downside of that...

see SLUBBER...here is the game in a nutshell. The man is supposed to try to seduce the woman and get her into the sack as soon as possible. The woman is supposed to brush off his advances for sex until she is ready. Both parties eventually come to a compromise. Its a give and take. A finely choreographed "dance".

Oh, I don't disagree -- I like easy girls too, I just don't plan to date them long term.

Oh, I don't disagree -- I like easy girls too, I just don't plan to date them long term.

oh yeah CELCIUS....i've had my share of slutty bad gurls. They are the best cause you just bang 'em and then don't feel guilty about it. he he... the wildest and most uninhibited sex I had was with easy gurls.

• Author

Well now I'm getting totally confused because of everything you guys are saying. I slept with this guy that I really like on the fourth date. I don't want him to think I am easy. This dating thing is pretty new to me since I was married for a long time and am now back in the dating thing. We use to go by the three date rule, but I heard that has changed.

He and I have not come right out and said that we are exclusive, but I know that I am not dating anyone else and he said that he wasn't either. So I was assuming that we were. I guess I am a little nervous since he has not called me in a week now. I know he is very busy with his business during the Christmas holidays. You'd just think he could find two minutes to call and say hello. We did talk about doing furture things together the last time we saw each other. I just don't want to call him. I guess I will just wait for him to call me if he wants.

He and I have not come right out and said that we are exclusive, but I know that I am not dating anyone else and he said that he wasn't either. So I was assuming that we were.

let me give you some insight into the male mind LILLY....for many men if the "talk" about exclusivity has not occurred or both of you did not agree on exclusivity then in our minds exclusivity does not exist. And by the way, it is the womans responsiblity to initiate this "talk".

He and I have not come right out and said that we are exclusive, but I know that I am not dating anyone else and he said that he wasn't either. So I was assuming that we were. I guess I am a little nervous since he has not called me in a week now.

:o Are you prepared for him not to call? It seems like my experiences are uncommon but IME if you haven't had the exclusivity talk before sex, well, it's not going to happen anytime after. I would chalk this one up and move on. Sorry. :(

If a guy wants a girlfriend and likes you, the difference of a couple of weeks of waiting to have sex is not gonna matter.

• Author

Thanks Kitkat. I tend to agree with you. If he has feelings for me, waiting a couple of weeks won't matter. We'll see what happens. I'll definitely talk to him about being exclusive when I see him again. I didn't know you had to spell things out for men.