What to wear?

Jilly10340

So I'm going to a wedding next week and I have no idea what's appropriate to wear to a wedding....

I bought a dress, but I don't know if it's too "dressy." It's a really light blue, almost white, knee length, sparkly, with a halter type top. Is this too much to wear to a wedding?

I'm fashion clueless :o

slubberdegullion

Sounds very sexy. Go for it.

And come around my place afterwards for a fashion critique. I'll be gentle, I promise.

Is it a day wedding or a night wedding? If it's for day, that sounds too dressy. For night, it might be ok.

a little simple black dress with nice shoes would work. don't wear anything that would upstage the bride. oh, and remember to drink a lot. he he

FINALLY, someone asked a question I can answer. :laugh:

It depends on where you live, what day of the week the wedding is on, whether it is a night or day wedding, and whether black tie is called for or not.

What you're describing sounds like it would be great for a weekend non-black tie affair in Ohio (is that where you're from?) Not sure what the material is though.

I wouldn't wear black myself. I mean it's a wedding' date=' not a funeral.[/quote']

a little black dress can be worn to any semi-formal function. ask any woman.

• Author

The material is kind of gauzy, with sparkles on it. I didn't know if a sparkly dress was too much?

a little black dress can be worn to any semi-formal function. ask any woman.

Yes, but I'm just saying that I wouldn't. Also, I once read that wearing black to a wedding is a faux pas. Yes, it's appropriate for any semi-formal function but just not a wedding in my opinion.

Also, Jilly, you're still not giving us enough info to tell you whether it's appropriate enough. Telling us more about the dress is fine but we need to know what time of day the wedding is, etc.

I wouldn't wear black myself. I mean it's a wedding' date=' not a funeral.[/quote']

yeah totally agree with you Touche black isn't appropriate for a wedding!!!:)

• Author

Well, I'm not sure what time of day the wedding is, after what time is it considered a night-time wedding? My friend told me that from 9 am - 12 pm it's a day time wedding and anything after that is considered night, but that doesn't sound right.

I also thought that all black was a little depressing for a wedding, but I also didn't know if a really light colored dress was appropriate either.

This sucks, why don't guys ever have these problems? The guy I'm going with is in the wedding so of course he's going to be in a tux!

I also thought that all black was a little depressing for a wedding,

who fed you that bullkrap JILLY??? i've been to many weddings and there were tons of women in black dresses....as long as its classy and fits well it is perfect.

a little simple black dress with nice shoes would work. don't wear anything that would upstage the bride. oh, and remember to drink a lot. he he

I was gonna say go with black...One can't go wrong with black dress.

I do agree with alpha, again...hehehe, don't upstage the bride!

Have fun!

who fed you that bullkrap JILLY??? i've been to many weddings and there were tons of women in black dresses....as long as its classy and fits well it is perfect.

I'm sure you meant to say "what in my OPINION is bullkrap" didn't you?

I don't think I've not worn anything BUT black to weddings! Holy cow, I have an all purpose gorgeous silk skirt, any occasion wear. I've worn it to funerals, weddings, barmiztvah's, christenings! It all depends on what top and shoes I wear with it...And if I choose to wear a bra or not.

I don't think I've not worn anything BUT black to weddings! Holy cow, I have an all purpose gorgeous silk skirt, any occasion wear. I've worn it to funerals, weddings, barmiztvah's, christenings! It all depends on what top and shoes I wear with it...And if I choose to wear a bra or not.

Isn't a wedding really a funeral ?

Isn't a wedding really a funeral ?

Is the bride ugly? Does the groom have a small penis? Then yes, I supposed it is! :laugh:

NO OFFENSE TO ANYBODY. Just jokin' around here!! :p

Any dress or color that doesn't upstage the bride is fine..

I heard that wearing white is not a good idea as this color should be reserved for the bride on her special day. I haven't gone to a lot of weddings either, but the last one I went some women, including the mother of the bride wore blacks suits.

I heard that wearing white is not a good idea as this color should be reserved for the bride on her special day. I haven't gone to a lot of weddings either, but the last one I went some women, including the mother of the bride wore blacks suits.

Sounds like the ceremony went something like...

"Do you Luigi take-a this beautiful woman Gina to-a be your-a wife?"

"Yea, sure Poppa, whatever you-a say"

:D

Sounds like the ceremony went something like...

"Do you Luigi take-a this beautiful woman Gina to-a be your-a wife?"

"Yea, sure Poppa, whatever you-a say"

:D

Huh? I don't get your joke. :confused:
Well, I'm not sure what time of day the wedding is, after what time is it considered a night-time wedding? My friend told me that from 9 am - 12 pm it's a day time wedding and anything after that is considered night, but that doesn't sound right.

OK. This is not a difficult question. WHAT TIME IS THE WEDDING? WHAT TIME IS THE RECEPTION? WHERE IS IT BEING HELD?