Office dating?

sparkles0913

Hey there,

So, my questions is about dating people from work. There is this guy at work whom is RUMORED to have gone out/going out with another person at work. The guy is really sweet and I see him a lot during the day because of our job. I believe he is casually flirting with me a lot of times, but I'm not sure. He'll personally drop off a paper to me though he has many people below him who are supposed to do it, and the other day we had some treats in the office and he purposely tried to take mine and when I caught him, I went and got him a piece and we go back and forth with banter all of the time, cracking jokes at each other and whatnot. He also sings (awfully) one wierd song that is just an inside joke between us. My question is: Is he flirting or just being nice? Maybe I am being too naive, but I don't think I would be this friendly if I were seeing somebody from work already, especially since the girl or any of her friends could walk past my desk at any moment and see us. What do you think? If you were dating somebody at work would you be so casually friendly with others at work?

• Author

Well, that's the thing...I know I am going to be getting a different job next year, so the max I'd ever see anybody from this particular place now is up until June, mayb July at the most. This is not the job I'm planning to do for the rest of my life and everybody where I am at knows that.

Two people on my team have started dating. It's so lame. They are always together. They've turned the office into their little home away from home. They aren't blatant about it, but something about the whole thing just makes me lose respect.

My opinion: keep your love life out of the office. No one wants to watch.