Christmas Party Date

clynn

I'm so excited!

My boyfriend invited me to his company Christmas Party. I can't help but get really excited. Even better is it will be held out of town and we'll have to travel a bit to get there and stay at a hotel and dress up! What fun!

...And, ALSO - it is a Christmas party with 3 companies combined that are all owned by one person (his dad). What this means is that his mom and dad will be there and so will his sister and brother (who work for 2 of the other companies) adn their spouses. I've only met his brother before and haven't met the other family members.

So, it feels like a big deal in the whole relationship scheme, you know. Though I'm trying not to put Too Much weight on it.

As excited as I am, I am also super nervous, being in a room full of people I don't really know and meeting family as well! Any tips welcome.

And for goodness sake, what am I going to wear?!?!??!!?!

Be yourself. Don't be nervous just because it's a room full of people. You can only meet one person at a time, right? And dress conservatively and tastefully. This isn't the time to get trendy or be too revealing. Find out if it's a formal or semi-formal affair.

And most importantly, have FUN! Oh, and don't drink too much!

Don't sweat it. Mumsy and Daddy will not have the time of day for you as they will be busy entertaining and schmoozing wiht employees of three companies

• Author

Ha ha ha. Thanks for putting it into perspective! Very true.

Don't sweat it. Mumsy and Daddy will not have the time of day for you as they will be busy entertaining and schmoozing with employees of three companies
  • Author

Update:

Some more information

- He said we will probably go the night before. Which most likely means we'll stay at his parent's place the night before and I'll meet them then

- He is going to be the M.C. at the event! That means he'll be very busy, I'm sure. But I'll be very proud also.

- Thinking about it, I bet he is nervous too!