Freudian Slip

lobsterbabe

if a guy accidentally slips out and tells his gf of 7 mos "I Love You" over the phone just second before hanging up the phone, does that mean that he really means it?

Well, I don't think anybody accidentally says "I love you", so yes I think he means it.

And a Freudian slip has got nothing to do with this; that's when you use the wrong word, such as "panties" when trying to say something completely different such as "parties". "I love you" is a little too elaborate to be a slip :rolleyes:

Anyway, after being with his girlfriend for 7 months; I think it's about time for him to say it.

I know a guy who sometimes accidently made kissy noises to his co-workers and such on the phone at the end of a call, because that was the tradition in his family. I don't think it was Freudian because he was mighty embarrassed.

if a guy accidentally slips out and tells his gf of 7 mos "I Love You" over the phone just second before hanging up the phone, does that mean that he really means it?

It may be that he often feels like saying it, but isn't yet ready for all the connotations that go with that. Maybe he is still a little unsure, or wants to be sure he's ready to commit more fully before saying that. :)

• Author

thank you all for the replies.

this happened before too. the first one was about 4-5 mos ago. same thing. and then last night.... i think i was too dumb-founded at the time. like, huh? did he just say what i thought he said??? :D

i didn't call back because i didn't want to assume anything.

he's never said it in front of me. ever. i've been dying to say it to him, but i've held it and wanted him to say it first.

so i guess just ask him?

Yeah i would go ahead and ask... although I'd try to keep the converstaion fairly light hearted, so that he doesn't feel pressured. That won't help if he does! :D

slubberdegullion
i've been dying to say it to him, but i've held it and wanted him to say it first.

What reason do you have for insisting that he make the first move?

Tell him. Plant a juicy lip-lock on him and then whisper it in his ear.

Hmmm.... he probably does love you... but as far as saying it on the phone, he might not have ment too.. I have accidentally said it to random people because most people that I talk to on the phone I do love (family, BF, good friends) so I am a bit conditioned to saying it as a sign off.... haha, for a while I only talked on the phone at night (free minutes) so I started saying "good night" as a sign off even during the day by accident....

HAHA, you just reminded me that the first time my BF said "I love you" it was kind of a wierd accident... we were at work (landscaping) and I was wearing some cool work boots with polka dots and I said "Do you like my lava boots? I can walk in hot lava." and he said (OK, here comes like 4 Freudian slips):

"Yah, I like your lava boobies.... I mean lava booty.... I love you...."

It was hilarious! and super sweet... later that day we were cuddling and he said.... "um, remember earlier when I said I love you on accident? well, I really do love you..."

• Author
What reason do you have for insisting that he make the first move?

Tell him. Plant a juicy lip-lock on him and then whisper it in his ear.

well i don't really have a reason. i just never said it first... besides, a lot of women in here who've done it regretted it...

Hmmm.... he probably does love you... but as far as saying it on the phone, he might not have ment too.. I have accidentally said it to random people because most people that I talk to on the phone I do love (family, BF, good friends) so I am a bit conditioned to saying it as a sign off

yes, he always talk on the phone with his family, and he would always end it with "I love you." so i guess he doesn't mean it then.... :(

I Luv the Chariot OH

That slip isn't Freudian at all. There are no penises!

At that particular moment some emotion welled up inside and it was blurted out. Or he is in the habit of saying it alot to family etc...

I know once I said, "Love you" then blew kisses into the phone to a male friend of my husbands! lmao! It's a daily thing when I say goodnight or goodbye to my nieces over the phone - SO it was out of habit when I did it to him. He laughed and it went over quite silly as he knows our family really well and my nieces...

My Story;

I was sleeping at my ex-GF's house (we had ben together for 3 months at this stage), I had to get up early for work, and as I left, I said "goodbye sweeheart, love you"... The love you part was not meant to come out... I had been thinking it for a few weeks though. I just didn't want to say it then because, I didn't want to freak her out, and I also wanted to really mean it.

Bit of a slip, but I didn't care too much.

To answer your question... Yes I meant it.

Which proves you know nothing about Freudian slips.

:lmao:

A husband and wife sits at the table having breakfast, he looks over at his wife and means to say, "Honey, can you pass the cream for the coffee?" instead he says, "You f**k'n b*tch, you ruined my life!"

:lmao:

A husband and wife sits at the table having breakfast, he looks over at his wife and means to say, "Honey, can you pass the cream for the coffee?" instead he says, "You f**k'n b*tch, you ruined my life!"

LMAO! :lmao: :lmao:

I could post a bad joke, and leave people wondering whether or not I was serious.

If you know anything about psycho-analysis, you also know a bit about the jokes that are made about it. Jokes and facts become one, which results in the situation wherein barely anyone knows what is true, and what is false.

If you want to make a joke, make it at least obvious. It could have been an ignorant statement as well.

• Author

hmm... maybe i should've titled this thread as "slip-of-the-tongue" instead. but to me, it's the same thing.

sometimes, the truth comes out in the most unexpected, mostly embarrasing, ways.

hmm... maybe i should've titled this thread as "slip-of-the-tongue" instead. but to me, it's the same thing.

sometimes, the truth comes out in the most unexpected, mostly embarrasing, ways.

I am completely freaking out right now. I saw this comment from you already some time ago and I'm having a deja vu! f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Author
I am completely freaking out right now. I saw this comment from you already some time ago and I'm having a deja vu! f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

really now..

Freud would probably say that you've had a dream similar to it. :laugh: