Moral dilemma...i need of advice

almostthere

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright...been dating my bf for 7 months now. Although we have been intimate only the past 2 months. neither one of us wanted to jump in to anything until we were sure we felt good about it. The short of it is I think I am starting to really care for him. Maybe not love but something like it. Infactuation used to be most of it for both of us but not anymore. We spend everyday together for the last 2 months and about 5 days a week together before that.

Having said all that...heres my problem. He is still not allowing me to be around his children because and only because his exwife doesnt want me to be. I spend the night by his house and I have to get up and leave at 430am because his xw drops off the kids every morning and I am not allowed there. He has been hanging out with me and my kids all the time. My daughter adores him. And when his xw calls he always leaves the room sometimes the house to talk to her. Not that i want to listen in I just find it odd. I talk to anyone and everyone infront of him. When his friends call he just says he is out with people. Instead of me and my kids. Hes 30 im 26. ive got a 5 and 7 year old and he has 7,8 and 9 year old. I think we are far from high school days and dont need to do all this.

Here's my solution. Because every other weekend I get angry because I am not allowed over because of his exwife I ave been thinking about asking him to slow down our relationhship. We are very close and I know if things keep going the way they are I will be attached. But I also know I will leave him over this no matter how i feel. I think its cr*p and so does all of our friends. Our kids dont even know each other. I dont even know his kids. I met his 7 yr old son because his son "wont tell mommy he met me." I asked him and his three kids out to dinner with me and my two for sweetest day and all i got was an ill call you back. he actually talked to his kids to find out if his two girls would tell and they said maybe by accident so he refused my offer. Should I just be more patient or can i say something like I have been thinking we need a little time apart because i am getting closer then i would like while i am living in your exwife's shadows. or something like that. would you even waste your time? would you be patient?

If they are divorced, she's not allowed to run his life anymore. (She shouldn't have been in the first place!) If he still allows her to do so, then she'll always be the more important influence on him. To me, he's a lost cause. Tell him that he has to start living his own life rather than jumping every time she tells him to jump or you're out of there.