Asking co-worker out

willpparker

I like this girl that works on the same floor. Can manage the usual quick chit chat if we bump into to each other. She is friendly (to everyone else as well). I have managed to ask her out for lunch (most times her other friends come along:mad: , only had two one to one so far :D ). Just longer chit chat at lunches. Conversation so far has indicated that she dosen't have a boyfriend yet but not 100% sure. (unless she actaully says it).

Not sure if she is interested in me.

But planning to ask her out for lunch this week or sometime very soon and try to get a "date" outside work.

My plan - go to lunch (hopefully her other friends don't come, otherwise try again next time) and normal chit chat. On the way back to work talk about movies, then hopefully somewhere slip in "...its been a busy week at work and I'll like to relax and watch a movie, are you interested ...."

If she says yes - then :bunny::p:laugh::) , I'll plan a movie and dinner after work at the end of the week, and then that will be a post for another day.

If she says no (busy, not interested...) - then :( . "Ok, maybe another time, theres no good movies on anyway."

Since we will be on our way back to work, this will reduce my/her embarrsement time. And I probably avoid her for awhile (and I guess no more lunches with her).

Me - I am quite shy. Never dated before, and in desperation taking a chance now. Just worried about the usual rejection, and because its a work environment. Don't want this to get out, and be the butt of the joke. My work requires no contract with her.

Comments on ways I can improve my plan, what the girl will be thinking, other situations that I have not factored in, and words of encouragement will be helpful.

Just worried about the usual rejection, and because its a work environment. Don't want this to get out, and be the butt of the joke.

Comments on ways I can improve my plan

I think dating people at work is usually a bad idea. The reasons are those which you've already stated above.

Someone out there

Dating coworkers is generally not a good idea but it can work. A coworker is getting married to another coworker at my company soon, so it CAN work.

I think you have a good plan. If a guy I am interested in at work asks me out, I would take up on the offer just to get to know him better. I WISH the guy I like at work asks me out, but no such luck. If I am not interested (and this has happened too), I would politely decline the offer and keep it casual with the person. (I usually really admire the guy for having guts to ask me out).

Remember, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Life is all about choices and taking risks. The WORST that could happen is that she decline the invite.

You'll have your answer.

Good luck and keep us posted.