Friend hates bf, bf hates friend.

Chimerical

It sounds bad when your boyfriend hates your "friends", and they dislike him just as much. But in this case, I'm pretty close to just telling my so called friend where she can shove her petty problems.

I've known this girl for decades. She is my oldest friend. So this girl, who also wasn't around during the lowest period of my life, calls me up outta the blue. I hadn't talked to her in months. She'd moved away, but said she was going to be in town for a couple of days and did I wanna get together. She say's she'll call when she gets in town that day. She also specifically asked if I was bringing my bf, cause her H was with her and she wanted to bring him along. I didn't know at the time, but said she should bring her H anyway cause I would love to meet him.

She calls at 10pm and say's they are on their way to a bar, and I can meet her there. Hell, at 10pm I'd already given up on her calling and was in my jammies. So I race upstairs, take a shower, change.. We jump in the car and zoom out there. My bf was beat tired from working stupid crazy hours, but he was sweet, and willingly went without my having to say more then a casual "I'd like it if you joined us."

First thing out of her mouth. "You're an hour late." Her H was there, and another friend (female). My friend goes deep in conversation with her friend about something only they know.. my bf and I are left to talk with the H, who neither of us know. Anyway, my bf is a bit of a ... well... he's a smart ass jerk a lot of times. He gets talking with the H about women and my bf is trying to get the H to agree that women should be subserviant, and do any sexual act the H wants. Especially if they aren't working and paying the bills. I know why my bf does it. 1. It keeps the focus off him. 2. tests the H for how he feels. 3. he's bored with everyone and wants to create some fun.

Now, maybe I'm weird and wrong.. but frankly I found it funny, and besides, my "friend" wasn't talking to me anyway, she told me how great she is, and talked to her friend, but didn't ask me a single question, cut me off a bunch of times, and cut me down about a stupid ring I have cause it's not a priceless diamond ring. She totally dismissed my bf as soon as she found out what he did for a living. She got upset with bf over what he was saying, asks me if he's joking. I tell her he is. She gets more upset with him. Starts telling him he's wrong and a jerk. He had her convinced he treated me like I was some kind of lower class citizen who was simply at his beck and call for anything. And all I could think was, if she knew me, she would know I wouldn't be with someone who treated me that way so obviously he's joking. She say's in her blog that she really thinks he feel's this way. Then as my "friend" shouldn't she be concerned for me? Want to "help" me?

I got an email from her couple days later saying she didn't like him, and he upset her. I explained he could be abrasive, he was joking and that I didn't want it to ruin our friendship. That I wouldn't invite him next time we got together.

Didn't hear from her again. Today she sends me an invite to a web service thingy. I find out she's got a blog, and in it she bashed the hell outta my bf. http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=13895296&Mytoken=E92D4EB2-F381-4D74-BE68E7BCAEC5709E2971476453ML It's way at the bottom, dated August 28th. It obviously upset her enough to say all that stuff.

It bothers me that she doesn't like him. I don't understand why it bothers me though. She's immature, she's never been there for me when I really needed her, and she's busy when I want to hang out but demands I be available when she's ready. She always cons me into paying for stuff, going out of my way for her, but she won't do so for me.

I guess what really P'd her off was that he hit the nail on the head with saying she wasn't contributing to the relationship as much as she should. Her H works 40 hours a week, and all she had to do was laundry and dishes?

Yet it still bothers me... and I can't figure out why. Why should I care if this psuedo friend likes my bf (who I know and love) or not.

(my parents think he's the bomb, but aren't alwasy sure how to take his jokes either.)