True or False?

fundamental

The other day I was watching a TV/talk show and the topic was about looks. A few of the women mentioned that although physical attraction is important, they would prefer not to date a man much better looking than themselves regardless of personality.

I discussed this topic with a few of my female friends and they agreed. They also brought up that men tend to go after better than average looking women.

There was a thread awhile back about dating in your league.... So, for the most part....

A woman would prefer not to date a man much better looking than herself (despite personality)?

True or False?

A man would will pursue a better than average looking woman (despite personality)?

True or False?

RecordProducer

True. But I am pretty myself (modest too :p ). I've seen average girls with better-looking guys than themselves.

I have a code in my mind that says the woman should be prettier, younger, shorter, more glamourous... The guy should be more successful, more mature, stronger... A real lady and a real gentleman. But not the beauty and the beast! :D Looks do matter to me. I have to be physically attracted to the guy, but I am not into Hollywood actor type of beauty. I like it real. ;)

Agreed. I'm a little insecure and dont feel comfortable around really good looking guys. Plus, I dont really want to deal with the hassles of having other girls hitting on my guy. Also, the really good looking guys know they are good looking and they're a bit conceited which is a huge huge turn off. Of course I do have to have some chemistry with the guy, but I tend to go after the sweet smart guys.

Also, the really good looking guys know they are good looking and they're a bit conceited which is a huge huge turn off.

Thats not true for everyone.

I consider myself a good-looking guy but i have never let it get to my head because there are far more important things in life than having looks. Having a nice, caring and spontaneous personality is by far more important.

A man would will pursue a better than average looking woman (despite personality)?

Used to be true: but now that I'm older, and actually want to be around someone I can tolerate for longer then a week, I'd say it's closer to false.

If I was to have a one night stand, looks are everything.

If I want to spend the rest of my days with someone, personality and temperament are far more important to me (though she still has to be pretty enough for me to be physically attracted to her :laugh:)

A woman would prefer not to date a man much better looking than herself (despite personality)?

True or False?

Personally, I don't care whether the man is better looking than myself or not. I've only been with one person that was better looking than me but most of my friends thought we were on the same level (they had to say that they're my friends :laugh: ). It didn't bother me at all, the looks anyway.

I don't care but I would say that every other one of my female friends thinks that you should date a guy that is less attractive.

• Author

Yeah I agree with you BlackFrost.

I feel that many younger men look for drop dead gorgeous women for social proof.

Originally Posted by dgiirl

Also, the really good looking guys know they are good looking and they're a bit conceited which is a huge huge turn off.

This is what some people may assume...and this type of thinking can hurt both sexes. Some men feel that a great looking woman is stuck up or a b****. Some women feel that a good-looking man is conceited. This is not always the case.

This is what some people may assume...and this type of thinking can hurt both sexes. Some men feel that a great looking woman is stuck up or a b****. Some women feel that a good-looking man is conceited. This is not always the case.

Well, this has been my personal experience with a few good looking guys I knew. Not saying everyone is like that, just what happen with me after getting to know these guys I noticed they were conceited.

Originally Posted by fundamental

True or False?

False. I've always dated good looking men who are desired by other females. Mind you, I'm pretty hot myself, so you could say we were on a par...!! :laugh:

But seriously, I've often liked dating very attractive men, helps keep me on my toes. A guess a few could be said to have been more attractive than myself. But it certainly never bothered me either way!

But they have to have a good personality, I can't date just for looks...! :bunny: