my crush has a boyfriend

ronfar10

hi, ive been absolutely crazy about this girl at work for a year now, and i really want to ask her out because i think we really have something special. the only thing is that she has a boyfriend. if she didnt have one im sure i would have asked her out long ago, but im afraid of jeopardixzing our awesome relationship. we always have such a blast when we are together, be it at work or at the movies. im 99% sure that she has feelings for me, she always comes to me when shes upset, she calls me when shes in trouble, i often catch her looking at me and smiling. she flirts with me a lot, like she'll bump into me on purpose or push me or something like that. when im with her everything just feels right, if that makes any sense.

anyways, what should i do?? i have no clue as to how to proceed. what if i ask her out and she gets pissed at me? i respect her too much to just simply ask her, knowing she has a boyfriend. ad the biggest part is that i am NOT willing to give up our friendship should any move go bad.

so, long story short, can i get some advice??

thanks

LucreziaBorgia

Well, you could always leave it up to her. Just let her know how you feel, but that you can't and won't act on it because she has a boyfriend. Ask her if you feel there is a chance for you two, should she find herself without a boyfriend. Let her know that if she chooses the boyfriend, you will respect her choice and back away from this (meaning that you will no longer put yourself in a position to see her or flirt with her - you will put yourself on 'no contact' with her - its the only way to get over her, really should she choose the other guy).

Just make it clear that while you want to be involved with her, it won't be happening if she still has a boyfriend. She won't be able to use the 'cheating on her boyfriend' option if you don't offer it in any way, shape or form. Let her know, and then, she can decide based on how she feels about you whether or not to stay in her current relationship.