Turning the Boyfriend into a Boy-Friend...

qwertyu

Our relationship is really private... We hang out with a lot of mutual friends/acquantances that dont know we're dating. But I'm enjoying the stuff we do with those mutual friends MORE than the stuff we do in private and together... I know the transfer from boyfriend to friend is supposed to be impossible, but what do you think? There would be no social pressure in this case... Is it doable?

I guess it can be, yeah. i think it depends more on what he thinks than anything, and obviously you cant bring it up and not have some kinda reaction from him. Also it depends how long you have been together and what you've been through i think

if you havent been together all that long, and were friends from the start, then yeah i think you could pull it off...

I'm really confused. You do stuff with this guy with friends and alone. That sounds pretty normal for a dating situation to me. You don't just stop dating because you're having fun with friends. The problem here is that you don't want to tell your friends that the two of you are dating. Are you ashamed of something?

You wouldn't have made this post if you were really into this guy. Sounds like you're just looking for a way to break it off. By all means do so, straight forward. However, don't look for things to be the same between you...around your friends. This is something you'll have to do very carefully because the reason you stated above will seem very confusing to him.