Why Do Women Give Out Their Number When Not Interested?

fredwriter12

fredwriter12

I reviewed the 21 pages of threads for a post entitled, "Why in the **** do girls give out their number if they're not really interested?!" on another forum. What is interesting is that most of the replies ignored the main issue that the woman instigated giving out her name and number and not the man. Then the woman went dark and no one had a coherent explanation. The post at lovesick, "One thing I've been noticing increasingly is the practice of girls giving you their phone number and then just not answering the phone, not answering text messages, and/or acting like the person on the other end is not alive," talked about the same issue. Reviewing the 21 pages of threads and the post at lovesick I found a number of people taking about an ego boost and a game. The thread had a number of coherent replies to the situation indicating it was a game looking for attention. My issue is that it is hard to get your head around how irresponsible and dangerous it is to give out your number (even without your name) to a stranger that you know nothing about. The risk that he will go postal from the rejection is very real putting a woman in real danger. Could an ego boost be the real explanation. I have three interesting stories that I will post as replies to this thread.

• Author
fredwriter12

I would like to share three stories where something similar happened to me that until I found the thread was completely mystified. I am an attractive 63 year old male (at least according to the women who gave me their number and went out with me) and for the record until six months ago this had never happened to me.

Six months ago I met a 70 year old woman who was so hot I didn’t care if she was older than me. Things were going well until I made a comment about Trump and to my surprise found out she was a Trumpster. It took another 10 minutes before she agreed that she might let the Trump thing go and we kept talking until it was time to leave. At least three times on the way back to her car she kept saying “aren’t you going to ask me for my phone number? Of course I wanted it and before she got in her car I was thinking about kissing her. I waited a few days and called. No answer. I left a message no response. Finally I used my spoof card and called from a number she recognized and she answered. Her response was that she was in a relationship and had no explanation for why she kept asking me to get her number.

• Author
fredwriter12

3 months ago I met the hottest women who didn’t even look 35 (turns out she was 43) and got a date with her right away. She was all over me wanting to know if I had a date for new years eve. We parted with a full body hug and I assumed we would be seeing each other from now on. But then it was just about impossible to get another date with her or to get her to answer a text. When she finally texted she wrote that she "liked me but only wanted to be friends." Ok I got it but wanted to know why she was all over me the first night. Finally got another date with her "as friends" and to my surprise she was all over me again and when I asked her about the friends thing, she said "I just want to be friends first." The next date was easy to get and that one was really intense and when she found out I had no biological children she said we should have a kid together. Whoa … the ship is moving pretty fast and we parted with her telling me I had to come with her to a meeting the next day. She said she would text me the time and location. Never heard anything and finally I sent a text asking if I was suppose to meet her. She replied that “I don’t think I will go tonight I have a customer coming." I wait another day and ask her “When will we see each other again?” No answer and after 4 more neutral texts I finally get the following response, “ You are really a nice guy but I need to focus on my personal matters.” I get her on the phone and find out that she is about to quit her job and has all kinds of financial problems and has decided that she only wants to be with someone who will help her and hangs up the phone. I assume this is a game to get me to give her money and so I play along contacting her asking if I can help her. At one point she wants to know why I keep contacting her and I reply that I wanted to be someone who was sympathetic to her situation and didn’t that qualify that she would keep seeing me. She says thank you but she needs to move on. 2 days later I get a call that she wants to know if she thanked me for being so considerate. I assume we will be seeing each other so she can get money from me, but to my surprise when I tell her she did thank me, she says goodbye and I have never heard from her again.

• Author
fredwriter12

Two weeks ago I am at a happy hour in a popular Italian restaurant. I wind up sitting next to a hot Italian 63 year old woman who looks 50 (I investigate all the women and find out their age etc) that is hitting on me. We are getting along when she says she is leaving town the next day but wants me to call her when she gets back. She calls my number and then enters her name in my phone. I secretly pick up her check and pay her bill with mine and leave. The next day she texts, “Hi there just wanted to thank you for last night at farfalle. It was a pleasure meeting you and I’ll be back next week from my trip to Florida. So keep in touch.”

I wait 8 hours and text “How is your trip going so far? I definitely will be looking forward to seeing you when you return.” She read the message but no response (the text on my phone show the time it was read). I wait a few days and try again, this time asking her “Are you having a good time in Florida.” Nothing. I wait a week when she returns and call and leave a voice mail. No response. Later I send a text with the subject line: Help. “Should I know what is going on? Did you really send me the text thanking me for the night at farfalle? No response. I try calling from different numbers and she does not answer. Now I try something different and send the following text, “Susan a friend of mine had something similar happen to him and as it turns out the woman was in a comma in a hospital. I would appreciate if you would just let me know that you changed your mind and are ok. Thanks” No response. My final attempt is the following text: “Ok I guess I will call the police and tell them to go to your address and see if you are ok.”

No response

Woman 1 - She likes Trump, so why did you expect her to make sense?

Woman 2 - Party girl, short attention span.

Woman 3 - Maybe she was drunk and regretted being flirtatious later.

Some older women get pretty ambivalent about dating. Just depends if they're wanting to be coupled up or happier alone.

Why give the phone number to begin with? If they offer it unbidden, that's crazy. But if you asked or hinted, sadly, a lot of women find it hard to say no about that. It's awkward.

ktmiller222

Being a female and on dating apps for the last year, I'll give you my reasons:

(I haven't given my number out a lot but to some who I really did have interest in).

Reasons why I stopped responding:

-2 guys constantly texted me as soon as I sent my number. It was insane. It drove me away for sure.

-2 guys texted me (normally) but never asked me out. So I eventually stopped responding because I don't need pen pals.

-I went out on a date with a guy. It was GREAT. He said he was in town for 2 more weeks and then going out of town for a month and then coming back. He said he wanted to see me again before he left and I agree. He texted me 2 weeks later saying he can't hang out until he gets back a month later. He never texted me during that month. He texted me when he got back and wanted to go out on St. Patty's day. I did not respond because he couldn't even say hi during that month when he was gone. It was a red flag for me (due to a previous relationship)

• Author
fredwriter12
Woman 1 - She likes Trump, so why did you expect her to make sense? - Good point

Woman 2 - Party girl, short attention span. - Not sure she is a party girl.

Woman 3 - Maybe she was drunk and regretted being flirtatious later. That is possible but then she texted the next day that she was looking forward to seeing me when she got back.

Some older women get pretty ambivalent about dating. Just depends if they're wanting to be coupled up or happier alone.

Why give the phone number to begin with? If they offer it unbidden, that's crazy. But if you asked or hinted, sadly, a lot of women find it hard to say no about that. It's awkward. I definitely did not ask beg or demand her number. It's CRAZY for sure.

I was in a coffee drive thru once, and when I got to the window the gal said that the woman in front of me was asking about me, paid for my coffee, and left me her phone number. I asked the gal working there if she was cute. She said yes, we'd make a good match. I called her and she didn't pick up, so I left her a brief thank you and told her to call me when she had a chance. I never heard from her again. I don't know why women do these sorts of things at times.

They give out the number because they have had bad experiences with guys freaking out or throwing tantrums if they deny them. So they give it out to get past the immediate situation knowing they will never respond to the guy trying to contact them. Some women have given false numbers but it blows up in their face because the needy fragile guys will immediately text their info back to the number while they are still standing there.

So bottom line,...they do it out of fear.

Being a Trumpster myself you can send "Woman1" my way I suppose. If a woman makes an anti-Trump remark to me that would certainly damage the mood of the date if not end it (depending on the severity of the comment).

The problem with spouting off about politics is you're automatically going to alienate 50% of people - not a good strategy in life.

The problem with spouting off about politics is you're automatically going to alienate 50% of people - not a good strategy in life.

Minor detail: Trump currently has an approval rating of 40.5%.

And some issues - isn't it better to find out incompatibility early on?

• Like 1