gf turned wont answer texts sometimes

wolf123

i think she turned her phone off and went out for saint pattys day to get drunk or something. hasnt answered texts all day and night. i always worry when she does this. ive never said anything because theres not much i can say.:( we live far away.

why the hell you leave me hanging on saturday night? its already late. cant send one text? should i be worried??

CollegeKid101
i think she turned her phone off and went out for saint pattys day to get drunk or something. hasnt answered texts all day and night. i always worry when she does this. ive never said anything because theres not much i can say.:( we live far away.

why the hell you leave me hanging on saturday night? its already late. cant send one text? should i be worried??

Why do you worry?...go out yourself or break up with her if you don't trust her.

• Like 1

Is this the girl who's in another country? Long distance relationships only work for those who are super secure and who need little reassurance. I'm not sure that you're cut out for it.

The problem is that you're being needy. Yes, she could send a text, but she shouldn't have to. She should be able to go and have fun with her friends without having to look after you.

Also, there is no need to worry. She's been fine for these years without you worrying. Trust her.

• Like 2
i think she turned her phone off and went out for saint pattys day to get drunk or something. hasnt answered texts all day and night. i always worry when she does this.

Why? Is she someone you have to act as warden over? She doesn't remember she's in a relationship without you reminding her?

ive never said anything because theres not much i can say.:( we live far away. why the hell you leave me hanging on saturday night? its already late. cant send one text? should i be worried??

She didn't leave you hanging. She's out enjoying St. Patty's Day like a lot of people today. You should be, too. Why aren't you?

She'll be home and hung over tomorrow--text her then.

Long distance sucks. Been there. Someone always cheats, ask me - I know.

In cases where people don’t cheat and LDRs legit work, it takes maturity and trust. I don’t think either trait exists in your situation right now, unfortunately. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I don’t think it will work long term.

newyorker11356
Long distance sucks. Been there. Someone always cheats, ask me - I know.

In cases where people don’t cheat and LDRs legit work, it takes maturity and trust. I don’t think either trait exists in your situation right now, unfortunately. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I don’t think it will work long term.

For me, it's less to do with someone potentially cheating, but more of the fact that I need that closeness/touch with someone.

My main two love languages are quality of time and physical touch for a reason, lol. Both go hand in hand with that.

That's the main reason why a long-term LDR wouldn't very likely work for me.

• Like 2
staggerlee71
Why? Is she someone you have to act as warden over? She doesn't remember she's in a relationship without you reminding her?

She didn't leave you hanging. She's out enjoying St. Patty's Day like a lot of people today. You should be, too. Why aren't you?

She'll be home and hung over tomorrow--text her then.

when did texting your girl become controlling?

when did not responding to a text NOT become leaving you hanging?

when did texting your girl become reminding her your in a relationship?

F###k it! let her enjoy life, without regard to your existence.

• Like 2

You always worry when she does this? Doesnt sound like she needs a holiday to shut you out and go have some real fun. Go have some fun yourself ...if you can

when did texting your girl become controlling?

when did not responding to a text NOT become leaving you hanging?

when did texting your girl become reminding her your in a relationship?

F###k it! let her enjoy life, without regard to your existence.

ummmm what? I wasnt sure if you were on the op's side or not

• Like 1
staggerlee71

A simple response " I'm going out with girls to enjoy paddies. Catch up tomorrow"

But crickets!?

Its not about controlling, reminding, needy.

Its disrespectful not to respond.

For all you know she lost her phone, or dropped it on the toilet, or the battery ran down and she did not notice, or she went off and forgot the phone at home.

Maybe if more extreme, maybe she is tired of checking in with you and wants to she how you'll handle it if she doesn't.

• Like 1
TheFinalWord

Have you ever met this woman or skyped with her?

Are you sure you're not being catfished?

IMHO, LTR only really work if there is a deadline associated with the distance. For example, I know a doctor that is married to a woman in another state. But they see each other regularly and they know in 2 years once shes done with residency, they will be able to reunite.

ExpatInItaly

OP, is this the same girl you've never even met?

As of February, you two were not even a couple, according to your thread then.

Sounds like she got bored with the cyber relationship and is out living her life. You should, too.

• Like 2

She's not your GF. She's some woman in another country who you talk to sometimes. You have never met. She's telling you she can't meet for 7 more months (maybe 6 now, since that was in February). When texts & calls are all you have in an LDR you prioritize them. She's ignoring you. That tells me she is stringing you along & playing you while you unfortunately are getting emotionally invested.

You need to cut the cord on this one because she is not on the same page with you.

This is why you feel like you always end up with cruel women. You think there is more to these relationships then they do & you get hurt. You need to start facing reality.

Sorry.

Get off your computer & go out to me real women local to you.

How is it that you don't know what's going on for the weekend, the week, what kinds of plans she has, what's going on? I would think that, "What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day?" would be part of normal communication. Then you would know she'd be out, and you wouldn't expect her to be texting you. I would expect that people want to go out that day. Me? Notsomuch, I was home, but if I had a boyfriend, maybe we would go out or stay home together, movie, corned beef and potatoes...who knows, but in LDR, I would inquire what kinds of plans he has for the weekend, especially around holidays.

I would also expect that we have a "date night" even if over the phone at some point. If we lived in the same area, time would be dedicated to a date, so why not plan a Friday or Saturday evening to talk, if that's the best time our schedules permit. St. Patrick's Day, probably not a good time, but maybe Friday or whatever day you can have a "date."

If you haven't even met yet, you have some high expectations. Now, if she wants this relationship to grow, she has to put in some time, as do you, but at the same time, you're not around and she's going to continue her life including going out on the weekends, and so should you.

I think you're nuts to expect her to text you all night when she's out with friends.

I think you wouldn't be in this conundrum if there was better communication, what kinds of plans do you have, can we plan a "date?" What's going on this week, "Another baby shower? Is there something in the water?" If she doesn't text you on Wednesday, you already know she had a work-thing that night, or she takes a class and gets home and goes to bed. You don't live near, so you have to work around the absence and the thing is, OP, if she's unwilling to put in some extra time to grow this LDR, you're best moving on.

There's something to be said about having someone around who's tangible. Growing a relationship LD is hard. You also have to have reasonable expectations that she still has a life and you're not immediately there. You do too.