Too busy to text?

clueless_4ever

clueless_4ever

If a guy leaves for a week long business conference the day after the first date, is it normal for him not to text at all during that week? Or reply to my thank you text after the first date? I know its very possible that he is legitimately busy and it was only our first date. Should I take this as he's not interested or he's just busy? Should I just send him a text?

Edited by clueless_4ever
hippychick3

I would assume low interest. However, there is no way to know for sure until he returns from his trip. Since he did not reply to your thank you text, do not send another text. Let him be the one to reach out to you next to gauge his interest. In the meantime, keep your options open and date others.

• Like 3

If you really liked him but haven't heard from him, after he gets home from the trip, shoot him a text that says something like "How was your trip? I'd love to hear all about [city / place]" If he doesn't respond to that give up.

But for now assume low interest & keep your options open.

The fact he did not reply to your 'thank you' text and you have not heard from him means he is not interested in pursuing further with you. It happens a lot after meeting someone for the first time. Don't wait on him, move on and eventually you will meet the right guy.

• Like 7
You already sent a thank you text that was unanswered. Don't send another one.

Maddie my girl! Love ya!

Nice to have a woman that has the same message that I do!

If a guy leaves for a week long business conference the day after the first date, is it normal for him not to text at all during that week? Or reply to my thank you text after the first date?

YES!!!

It was only a first date! You are not his girlfriend yet and he is not your boyfriend yet.

You are probably not the only woman at this early point and that is perfectly normal as well.

The girl that blows up his phone after one date looks bad and will loose.

The girl that keeps it together wins.

The "Thank You" does not require an acknowledgement. Then would you acknowledge his acknowledgement, then he acknowledged your acknowledgment of the acknowledgement?

Wait (in silents) for him to ask you out again. It may be two or three weeks from the first one (you don't count the week of the conference).

You are free to go out with others in the meantime (and you should),...and so is he (he might be).

• Like 1
Maddie my girl! Love ya!

Nice to have a woman that has the same message that I do!

Sorry I misspelled you! :love:

no, if he was really interested he would "find the time" even during meetings.

• Like 1
no, if he was really interested he would "find the time" even during meetings.

He is not obligated to be "really interested" at that point. It was only a first date, and he probably has "options". He might be "somewhat interested" after the 2nd or 3rd date, and only "really interested" after the 6th or 7th date. For a woman to get to that 6th or 7th date she needs to have her act together,...she has competition.

How long have you and he been seeing each other? Just one date?

How was he acting toward you at this one and only date? How did he leave you with the impression that he would be frequent in his texting?

It could be both: he could be disinterested or he could be really busy or he could be playing it cool to put you off balance. You're not going to know until he arses himself to get in touch with you. Remember: he knows how to get in touch with you: he's choosing not to for whatever reason. You have to figure out how you are going to proceed from knowing that.

If you need someone texting immediately after dates, then perhaps he's not the guy for you?

• Author
clueless_4ever

UPDATE: I actually texted him saying I hope his conference went well and if he'd want to go to this art museum with me on saturday. I decided that he was allowed two answers: either yes or no but reschedules to another specific day. If he answered with anything else, I'm going to assume he's uninterested.

He replied with a pretty detailed text about how the conference went. Then replied with another detailed text about how he already has two parties of his friends to go to. Then asked how my week was. I just gave a vague reply on my week and then said it's too bad he cant go and sounds like he's having a busy week. No reply since then. The ball is in his court if he wants to go on another date. I put in my effort and asked him out already. So I'm forgetting him.

It was only our first date and during the date it was really fun. I've been going on more first dates through dating apps. And this is happening all the time! I have a great first date and then radio silence right after. Is this normal?? I've deleted all the apps already cause I'm sick of it.

I think your experience of date then silence is pretty typical. I'm loathe to normalize rudeness. Just say no thanks.

Anyway, the guy seems polite but lukewarm at best. I think you are right to forget him. Sorry.

The ball in his court? At this point keep your ball. Don't expect him to come back. It was obvious he was not interested when he did not acknowledge your thank you text. If this guy gets back to you in 2-3 weeks ignore him, please.

Online dating is like a big game of dice, you play and sometimes you find right away or you have to play for months even a few years to find the right one.

If men do not ever try a 2nd date with you than maybe you are not like your pictures. Be brutally honest about who you are. Present yourself well with many pictures from head to toe.

• Like 1
I've been going on more first dates through dating apps. And this is happening all the time! I have a great first date and then radio silence right after. Is this normal?? I've deleted all the apps already cause I'm sick of it.

This... all day long. And then 2-3-6 months down the line you get some random text (that probably says "hey you") from some random number you don't know because you didn't save it and it will be him. I block the numbers of people who do this now because it makes me hate humans.

• Like 1

I saw in your past threads you are using Tinder and Bumble. Please get off of there and use a good old traditional dating site like match and okcupid. A place where people have real profiles and can express what they're looking for on there.

• Like 1
  • Author
clueless_4ever
I saw in your past threads you are using Tinder and Bumble. Please get off of there and use a good old traditional dating site like match and okcupid. A place where people have real profiles and can express what they're looking for on there.

I actually decided to completely stop online dating. I've tried OkCupid and had the same experience. I'm hoping real world encounters are a better chance :D

• Like 1