How To Write An Online Dating Bio If You're A Girl

GuitarGuy7

* This advice mostly applies to Plenty of Fish, OkCupid. This is less likely to work on sites like Tinder or Bumble

Let's face it, online dating is relatively easy if you're a woman. As long as you're not obese, you will get many messages from many different guys regardless of what you write about yourself.

However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't pay any attention to your bio, it's still crucial, even if you're a woman. If you want to meet the right guy who you're compatible with, then what you write is very important.

And to understand why writing a good bio is important, then you must first think from the perspective of a man.

Let me explain, when a guy is looking at a girl's profile and decides he wants to message her, he will usually try to look for indicators within your profile as a way to start a conversation either within your pictures or your bio. So if you just simply write in your profile, "just hit me up and see what happens" Most guys arne't going to know how to message you and as a result, you'll be getting crappier messages in general. So that's why your bio is very important, even if you're a woman.

That's why make sure your bio is a paragraph or two long. A good thing to talk about is your hobbies and interests, what you're going to school for, what you like to do in your free time. Let's just say you really enjoy photography, make sure you write in your bio write about your passion for photography and even include a shot you took in one of your pictures. Or if you're into singing and playing guitar, talk about your passion for that and include a picture of you singing and playing guitar.

The point of this is that you're going to be attracting like-minded men. And you'll be getting better and more high quality messages in general. Guys will now look at your profile and think, "oh wow, she likes photography", I know how to message her now. Where's if you just simply write in your profile, "just message me and see what happens", guys will have no idea what the hell to say to you.

That is all

• Like 2
losangelena

Okay, first of all, obese women get plenty of OLD messages. Secondly, a woman can write a novel about herself or several choice and succinct lines, and still get men DMing her with a mere, "hey." Having a well-written profile does not mean men will actually read it. In my experience, women have, generallly speaking, better tended-to profiles.

• Like 2
Okay, first of all, obese women get plenty of OLD messages. Secondly, a woman can write a novel about herself or several choice and succinct lines, and still get men DMing her with a mere, "hey." Having a well-written profile does not mean men will actually read it. In my experience, women have, generallly speaking, better tended-to profiles.

Women of all sizes will get an absolute ton of short, crappy, or sexual messages regardless of what's in their profile.

However, if they have a decent profile with meaningful content then they will additionally get some thought out messages from the few guys out there who are prepared to make an effort.

I can't tell if this was OLD advice or mansplaining. As far as I can tell - and I get a lot of messages for a guy - women's problems aren't getting messages..it's getting TOO many messages. Sure, your profile can weed out 1.2% of those guys but that still leaves them with...a lot of messages.

• Like 1