How can you tell if a girl likes you? (Humour me)

coledvids

So...

I asked a girl out for coffee last week, and she said yes. She's been making small attempts to talk to me - we work together but she has her own groups and I have mine. I decided to grab the bull by the horns and just ask; to my surprise she said yes.

We went for the coffee - I teased her with little jokes, she laughed a lot. We talked a lot and it was all very chill. I have never really spoken to her before but it was easy, as if we'd been chatting for ages.

Obviously we work together and I don't want to make things awkward. How do I tell whether she's interested in me without actually asking? I have planned to just ask her out again and hang out with her more. It's looking like she'd probably say yes, to be honest.

Any ideas? I'm used to talking to women online, to be honest. I am useless at IRL signals.

It's really hard to know.

My usual explanation is if she's there at the end of life looking into your dying eyes and holding your hand, there's a pretty good chance that she liked you.

If you want to know if she's 'interested' in you as dating material, ask her on another date. Just keep showing up until you or she decides, nah, over. Perhaps you'll get to the explanation I provided above. That's my wish for everyone. Pretty cool.

• Like 2
BarbedFenceRider

----You did say humor you!...Good one alpha!

Seriously, she digs you. Enough for a real date. The coffee thing was cool. Nice one. But for the love of God...Ask her out on a real date face to face. Don't be those texting guys that misses all the signals and visual checks that phones don't give you.

• Like 4
  • Author
----You did say humor you!...Good one alpha!

Seriously, she digs you. Enough for a real date. The coffee thing was cool. Nice one. But for the love of God...Ask her out on a real date face to face. Don't be those texting guys that misses all the signals and visual checks that phones don't give you.

You think? I literally am so bad at this. Yeah, I went straight in for the coffee - I can message her, but we see each other three times a week ANYWAY, so I plan to use this to my advantage, lol. There isn't any real need for excessive messaging tbh. I'll be asking her to hang out in a couple of days. She seems very receptive so far :p

• Like 1
todreaminblue
well, she'll touch you a lot and call you 'tiger'

lol........

if she says yes again to another outing..make it clear to her its a date you want to have not a chillax session or hang out......... chances are she likes you...smiling..laughing...touching your arm...flicking her hair or playing with it ...dilated pupils.....

mirroring you are all signs of interest.no folded arms over her body a barrier between you and her.........interest in you and listening to you wanting to know you.....animated conversation........deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 1
  • Author
lol........

if she says yes again to another outing..make it clear to her its a date you want to have not a chillax session or hang out......... chances are she likes you...smiling..laughing...touching your arm...flicking her hair or playing with it ...dilated pupils.....

mirroring you are all signs of interest.no folded arms over her body a barrier between you and her.........interest in you and listening to you wanting to know you.....animated conversation........deb

She was doing all of those. No folded arms, very open body language. Asking me a lot of questions about myself, laughing.. she has very short hair so she wasn't doing that part, lol. Very animated conversation, a lot of eye contact.

Jeez... I am hesitant to suggest that it's a 'date' because we work very closely together and I really don't want to have to go through the awkwardness of knowing that I said it was a date and I was 'friend zoned'....

• Like 1
todreaminblue
She was doing all of those. No folded arms, very open body language. Asking me a lot of questions about myself, laughing.. she has very short hair so she wasn't doing that part, lol. Very animated conversation, a lot of eye contact.

Jeez... I am hesitant to suggest that it's a 'date' because we work very closely together and I really don't want to have to go through the awkwardness of knowing that I said it was a date and I was 'friend zoned'....

sometimes you just have to take the risk .....if she is worth that risk ...then take it....because if you dont take the risk another man will....sounds like she is really interested ...dont hesitate.....jump...keep the momentum active..

how i look at it is if you ask her on a date and she say is I dont see you that way....you dont waste any more of your time...you then get to choose do you want to be a hang out friend or keep looking for someone who is interested in dating you....deb

• Like 2

You can tell a lot by her feet. If they are up around your ears, chances are she likes you.

• Like 7
BarbedFenceRider

"All we have to fear...Is fear itself."

Thats why I think you are good for a date. Just ask her out.

Here's a good one to follow. lol

• Like 3

OP, are you asking if she likes you in a DTF way or as a romantic/relationship potential? I ask because there are plenty of women who enjoy casual sex without any interest in being with the guy as a partner. My next question would be, if you're dating to establish a relationship, is she verifiably single? Again, there are plenty of married/LTR women who are DTF but have no interest in anything relationship-wise because they already have a relationship/marriage.

Whatever the deal, guard against 'hanging out' and backing in to the deal. That's what followers do. Be a leader. Women like that.

• Like 1
  • Author
OP, are you asking if she likes you in a DTF way or as a romantic/relationship potential? I ask because there are plenty of women who enjoy casual sex without any interest in being with the guy as a partner. My next question would be, if you're dating to establish a relationship, is she verifiably single? Again, there are plenty of married/LTR women who are DTF but have no interest in anything relationship-wise because they already have a relationship/marriage.

Whatever the deal, guard against 'hanging out' and backing in to the deal. That's what followers do. Be a leader. Women like that.

Her Facebook thing says she's single, but I haven't asked *yet* - I will ask her the next time we do something.

To be honest she spent a lot of time trying to get my number/Facebook/IG - she'd come over, ask me, then run off to her friends. This went on for a few weeks until I just took her number from a WhatsApp group and asked her out.

Not sure. she's cute. I'm trying to work out whether she likes me. I don't necessarily want a serious relationship - and I don't want FWB. But I do think she's cute and I enjoyed spending time with her today.

• Author

Alright alright alright. Can I ask her out in a way that says THIS IS A DATE without saying THIS IS A DATE? That's what I'm trying to get at. I'll do all the flirting, touching hands, etc on the date.

I'd have done all of that today but this was our first one on one. And I've sat next to her before and touched her while we were laughing. She didn't brush me off or look offended.

You can tell a lot by her feet. If they are up around your ears, chances are she likes you.

baahhahhhaaaha

Alright alright alright. Can I ask her out in a way that says THIS IS A DATE without saying THIS IS A DATE? That's what I'm trying to get at. I'll do all the flirting, touching hands, etc on the date.

I'd have done all of that today but this was our first one on one. And I've sat next to her before and touched her while we were laughing. She didn't brush me off or look offended.

Go on the type of date that makes it pretty clear you have romantic intentions. So no lunch or coffee, but something at night. If she's not interested, she'll decline or probably say "you mean as friends right?".

• Like 2
rightondude

I don't think you necessarily have to say "you wanna go out on a DATE???" ... in fact I don't think I've ever said that exact word.

"Wanna grab a drink after work?" or, to take the pressue off, state it like this: "Hey, let's grab a drink after work, you free?"

"Hey what do you have going on this weekend, wanna get together? I was wanting to check out (so and so), would you wanna join me?"

I don't think this woman is going to think you're just wanting to buddy up if you suggest dinner or drinks for just the two of you. If she does, she will find out otherwise once you turn on the charms brother.

• Like 1

Say "How about going on a date with me? Or are you already seeing someone?"

This makes it clear it's a date, not just friends. And if she's not interested, she can opt for the "I'm seeing someone". Then no awkwardness later on, since she said no because she's "seeing someone" (whether she is or not), not because she doesn't like you.

• Author
Go on the type of date that makes it pretty clear you have romantic intentions. So no lunch or coffee, but something at night. If she's not interested, she'll decline or probably say "you mean as friends right?".

The coffee in this instance was a test, tbh. I'm definitely going to escalate to something other than a coffee in the office canteen...

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't think you necessarily have to say "you wanna go out on a DATE???" ... in fact I don't think I've ever said that exact word.

"Wanna grab a drink after work?" or, to take the pressue off, state it like this: "Hey, let's grab a drink after work, you free?"

"Hey what do you have going on this weekend, wanna get together? I was wanting to check out (so and so), would you wanna join me?"

I don't think this woman is going to think you're just wanting to buddy up if you suggest dinner or drinks for just the two of you. If she does, she will find out otherwise once you turn on the charms brother.

This sounds like the most plausible and the one that's most like something I can carry off... I was thinking about asking her out at the weekend - also I'm seeing her at work twice more this week so... there's inadvertent contact bound to happen... She knows I'm not trying to be her friend. She wouldn't ditch her friends to come hang out with me... I wouldn't ditch my friends to hang out with someone platonically that I don't know that well...

• Author
Say "How about going on a date with me? Or are you already seeing someone?"

This makes it clear it's a date, not just friends. And if she's not interested, she can opt for the "I'm seeing someone". Then no awkwardness later on, since she said no because she's "seeing someone" (whether she is or not), not because she doesn't like you.

I'm going to ask her if she's seeing someone, and depending on her answer I will progress from that...

Wow, I've been out of the game for a minute. I totally forgot about all this pressure!

But I've been seeing a man for two months and I still don't know if he just wants to be friends. We've dined out, dined in, gone for walks, been to concerts. It's still just hanging out, getting together, exchanging hugs, just friendly.

• Like 1
  • Author
But I've been seeing a man for two months and I still don't know if he just wants to be friends. We've dined out, dined in, gone for walks, been to concerts. It's still just hanging out, getting together, exchanging hugs, just friendly.

That's problematic; two months without any sort of kissing or sexual moves...or any clarification, yeah that's not good. I wouldn't leave it that long, though.

But I was 'seeing' someone before who'd play with my hands, lean on my shoulders, put her legs on my lap, etc - the minute I told her I was into her she freaked out and never spoke to me again so obviously I'm playing it safer here, since we work together. Not too safe, though. Next come the hand touching/oh-there's-something-on-your-face routines.... lol

It sounds like she likes you. I think your plan to find out if she's seeing anyone & proceed from there is sound.

When you say you work together is this your career or a job? If it's a job meaning something you are doing while going to school or looking for your "real job" , don't sweat the dating a co-worker thing.

• Like 1