Doing a Guy's Laundry on the Second Date

Cookiesandough

Cookiesandough

Hey. Was wondering what guys think of girls' who do their laundry on the second date?

I had a "date" with this kind I've kind of known through friends but not that well. He invited me to his show and we went for drinks after. He's kind of crazy. IDK how to describe it but I think he may have untreated ADHD.

As we were leaving, he tripped and fell down a bunch of steps. He basically his thumb was twisted all the way back and kind of dangling there. :confused: I think he might of fractured his hand or something, but his thumb went back normal.

So we had another date (at a bar) scheduled for tomorrow. But today he's complaining about how he can't do anything because his hand, how much it hurts, so I offered to help him carry the basket to the laundry room of his apartment(No clue why I did this).

He's like cool we can get lunch and do laundry. What a great second date, right? We get down to the laundry room and all the machines are broken. I'm beginning to think bad luck follows this guy and I'm not even superstitious. He's like "I guess I'll take it to my mom Tuesday. I'll go over tomorrow first so it doesn't look like I'm just coming over for her to do my laundry..."

I feel bad because I think about how I have this great washing machine and how it easy it is to put stuff in it. I just kind of mumbled under my breath, " Well I mean I could..."

He goes, "WHAT?"

I'm like, "I mean I guess I could just do it and then bring it back over. I'm coming over anyway...." He's like thanks you're awesome. I owe you

So now I'm stuck with his laundry. A basket full of his dirty socks, tees, and underwear. I was hoping not to do this until after I was MARRIED. I don't know if I want to touch it. I will obvious wear gloves, but I'm just wondering what guys would think of a girl who did this. Sure she's weird, but I mean besides that. Would you feel uncomfortable? Should I just tell him my machine cold cycle doesn't work I forgot and I don't want to shrink his tees?

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1

The better question is what is wrong with a guy that would allow his second night date to do that.....

Do you not have any boundaries ? you mention you are stuck doing is laundry with gloves.. dirty underwear..

You need to set better boundaries and not cross them yourself.

As far as what I would think of a girl that did my laundry on a second date.. not much.. maybe pushover or she is trying too hard..

Funny though.. I'm almost 55 been married twice and lived with many women and NOT ONE woman in my life has ever done my laundry...

• Like 17
  • Author
Cookiesandough

I know!!! I just felt like it was a nice thing to do :( I felt bad for the guy. What should I do??? Tell him I can't do it? Because I am really busy with stuff actually...and I really don't want to do it. Anyone have any ideas what I should text him?

Obvious boundary issues aside, do you usually wear gloves to touch people's clothes? What?

Do you think you can explain why you felt the need to volunteer this to him in the first place?

• Like 5
  • Author
Cookiesandough
Obvious boundary issues aside, do you usually wear gloves to touch people's clothes? What?

Do you think you can explain why you felt the need to volunteer this to him in the first place?

Not really. I mean I guess I just wanted to do him a favor. I know him through friends and I was like just dump them into the laundry machine and that's that. But...

I forgot about the underwear. Like if it was just a few tees I would have did it. I just forgot it's a big basket of things. I mean I've had friends ive done a load of laundry for because their machine went out.

Is this ANY WAY out of this without looking like a crazy person?

Help plz...

Pay for a laundromat to do it professionally. Same-day service is maybe $10 for a single small load. And for goodness' sake, learn some impulse control. There's no virtue in trying to look like you're being kind and considerate when you really aren't.

• Like 3
  • Author
Cookiesandough
Pay for a laundromat to do it professionally. Same-day service is maybe $10 for a single small load. And for goodness' sake, learn some impulse control. There's no virtue in trying to look like you're being kind and considerate when you really aren't.

Can't I just tell him I can't do it anymore??? What's the best way to tell him this

• Author
Cookiesandough

I told him I'm leaving it on his doorstep. If he has a problem with that OH WELL. thanks, guys. I was wondering if it was as weird as I thought

Edited by Cookiesandough

Im sorry OP but this is just really strange.

What dude trying to make a good impression on a girl he just met would let her handle his dirty underpants?? What self-respecting woman would even agree to this?

• Like 12
I told him I'm leaving it on his doorstep. If he has a problem with that OH WELL. thanks, guys. I was wondering if it was as weird as I thought

Cookies, it was weird that you asked. Weird that he accepted....and totally weird that you changed your mind and took it back.

If you offer to help someone, it's rude to take back the offer.

• Like 23

I'm sorry OP but i agree with everyone else on this. 1. He shouldnt have agreed to this, what man would thinks this is okay and wants a new woman to see his used underwear? 2. He probably thinks you're a pushover or desperate. If a guy friend told me about this I would laugh and think those two things 3. The fact that you defaulted to offering to do the laundry of a guy you just met is a red flag. You need to take a look at yourself and figure your sh*t out.

• Like 2

Well, but the weird one was YOU though. :confused:

I mean, you were the one who offered to make it a laundry date, and then you were the one who offered to just do his laundry for him. This is really on YOU, OP.

• Like 10

Unfortunately I feel that now you've offered to do it, you need to do it. He should have gone to his mother's place - and made it clear that this is a once-off given his injury.

You just gotta tell him he owes you BIG time. And that you won't make a habit of doing his laundry.

If I was in his situation, I'd think the offer to do laundry was really kind and perhaps a little strange... but it's a guarantee of another date. I wouldn't leap to any major conclusions from it.

• Like 8
Cullenbohannon

Why don't you ask him to come over to your house and do it himself?

And honestly, the best women have a little "weird" in them.

• Like 3

I agree that a little weird is often a positive for me. And in this case the weird originated w you, cookies. Also once you offered I think you shoulda done it. I woulda made a joke about knowing who to come for for help next time I break my thumb.

I cant imagine feeling like I need gloves to touch my dates clothes. Homeless person I dont know, yes, but guy normal enough to hang out with, no. That's weird in a way I'd feel uncomfortable about if I was dating you.

• Like 4

This is kind of intimate... which I immensely enjoy if I like the guy and think he's a good guy. I'd be all over it.

If I don't like the guy? Hell-to-the-no!

But in any case, this is good. Try not to run away.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 7

I think the guys generally sound fine, too, except that one that was texting like crazy and professing his undying love after the first date. That was too much. But this one doesn't sound weird to me.

• Like 2
  • Author
Cookiesandough

I got the advice too late again -_- I texted him"I'm sorry. I can't wash your clothes. I feel really weird. I am just super awkward and just wanted to help out, since I've done it for friends, but I've never done it for a dude. I also think maybe we shouldn't see each other tomorrow" (or something like that)

He goes "What? What's wrong?. You offered the laundry thing. I could have waited or figured something else out but you kept insisting"

"I dunno why I thought it was a great idea to do your laundry. And I feel bad now for taking it back."

"It's ok! Honestly, it's fine. I appreciate you trying to help me. I think you're awesome."

"I just can't"

"Are you serious? Because of the laundry?"

"No, it's not the laundry"

Blocked/deleted

Another one bites the dust

thefooloftheyear

You really know how to pick em...:laugh:

You lost nothing....The guy sounds like a little boy...TBH, I think the fact that he made a big deal about his finger is more of a flag than the laundry...

Stop playing with boys and find a man already....:p

TFY

• Like 2