Not Sure

Little feather

Little feather

To make a long story short I have been dating this man on and off for two years. I love him and wanted a future with him but as time is going on and I see the choices he is making its just not the relationship I want. He recently took a job about 4 hours away and that's when I told him that a long distance relationship is not something I want. We are not children and he is 46 years old. Since he has continued to call me, text me, send me flowers for valentines, but it does not change the fact that he is not here with me and that I want a more committed relationship at this point. I have told him this as kindly as I can. After two years I want more from the relationship or I think we should go separate ways. I don't know how to respond or if I should even respond to his text that he misses me, thinking about me, ect. so tonight I told him that I really care about him but that after 2 years I was hoping the relationship would have progressed more and that I wanted to be in a relationship with someone that could be with me regularly and not living in 3 different area codes. I told him that once he figures things out like where he wants to live permanently and what he wants and if he still feels the same way about me to text me then but to not text me these things because the current situation is not something I want. I was very calm and kind about it and he told me fine he would leave me alone but then he defriended me on facebook. He has never in 2 years be-friended me on face book so I am a little surprised and don't understand why. I do love him. I just don't understand why he would not want to be friends on facebook. I was not expecting that response. Does this mean that he just really wants to move on?

To make a long story short I have been dating this man on and off for two years. I love him and wanted a future with him but as time is going on and I see the choices he is making its just not the relationship I want. He recently took a job about 4 hours away and that's when I told him that a long distance relationship is not something I want. We are not children and he is 46 years old. Since he has continued to call me, text me, send me flowers for valentines, but it does not change the fact that he is not here with me and that I want a more committed relationship at this point. I have told him this as kindly as I can. After two years I want more from the relationship or I think we should go separate ways. I don't know how to respond or if I should even respond to his text that he misses me, thinking about me, ect. so tonight I told him that I really care about him but that after 2 years I was hoping the relationship would have progressed more and that I wanted to be in a relationship with someone that could be with me regularly and not living in 3 different area codes. I told him that once he figures things out like where he wants to live permanently and what he wants and if he still feels the same way about me to text me then but to not text me these things because the current situation is not something I want. I was very calm and kind about it and he told me fine he would leave me alone but then he defriended me on facebook. He has never in 2 years be-friended me on face book so I am a little surprised and don't understand why. I do love him. I just don't understand why he would not want to be friends on facebook. I was not expecting that response. Does this mean that he just really wants to move on?

Frankly...he’s butthurt. And he’s wanting you to react and come crawling back. If I had to guess. Defriending on Facebook could possibly mean that he’s just too hurt to see your updates...but he could have just unfollowed you for that.

• Like 1

You told him basically that if he's not all in and moving back to where you are, to stop. So he did. My guess is it would have happened sooner or later because I've never known a man who was faithful in a long distance relationship. I'm sure he'll be dating where he's at if you can and he probably figured no point in keeping you on social media since you are not going along with this at this way he preserve some privacy. The good news is this frees you up to date others as well. Sorry he wasn't invested enough to make it work close to where you live. of course he could have been thinking once he got settled maybe you'd move there. You just don't know. But if that's the case it seems like he would have hinted it that before he moved.

• Like 1

You told him flat out, this relationship is not what you want. You told him, clearly, that you felt you needed to part ways.

What did you expect?

He did what you wanted and he's cutting ties. He unfriended. You broke up. Unfriending is part of the picture. Sorry it hurts, but I wouldn't stay on his social media if my boyfriend dumped me.

You told him that once he figures out what he wants, and if he chooses you, to give you a text. Maybe he will. In the meantime, you split. He'll friend you again if you get back together.

If it was so important to you to maintain contact and do this quasi-relationship dating thing so that he would stay your Facebook buddy, you could have kept casual contact and do this I miss you thing for weeks and months. You placed a boundary. He followed your wishes. It's done. Find someone who better suits you.

On again/off again for two years isn't very stable anyway.

• Like 2