Is this a good or weak second date?

CasualDude10

First date: Dinner and then we went to a brewery/winery for drinks after. Told me she had a great time.

Second date: Go out to dinner and then go to Dave and Busters afterwards.

Does this sound like a good second date? To implement some more playful fun and laughs or too childish.

We are both 23.

Thanks

I think you should pick a date where you can talk and get to know one another. This is key. The more you know about them, the easier it is to figure out what they will like to go out and do.

try mini golf or bowling if you want something that involves an activity. It's something you do together.

I don't yours or hers taste so it's up to you really to know.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1

As long as you both think the activity is fun, it's fine. If she hates arcades, crowds or noise you will be in trouble.

• Like 2
  • Author

Also, we live an hour away. First date we met halfway. Second date I want to go rather to her or have her come here. Implement what it would be like possibly if the relationship escalated. Do you think I should just offer to drive there?

The weather here is terrible so I can’t really do anything fun outdoors. Everything has to be indoors and I feel like dinner and drinks again would be boring/predictable and that’s the last thing I want. Bowling I feel like is too cliche. She says she has terrible anxiety and doesn’t like crowded places really, yet she’ll go out with friends on the weekends and dances. I can’t decide on a good second date lmao.

Cookiesandough

Yes I think you should offer to drive up. Try not to overthink it. It’s about the company and connection more than the activity

• Like 1
  • Author
I think you should pick a date where you can talk and get to know one another. This is key. The more you know about them, the easier it is to figure out what they will like to go out and do.

try mini golf or bowling if you want something that involves an activity. It's something you do together.

I don't yours or hers taste so it's up to you really to know.

No indoor mini golf unfortunately, and don’t you feel like bowling is cliche?

She says she has terrible anxiety and doesn’t like crowded places really, yet she’ll go out with friends on the weekends and dances. I can’t decide on a good second date lmao.

Do offer to drive toward her. Throw the D&B thing out there & see if she seems interested. D&B may trigger her anxiety & you don't want that. Say something like:

I was thinking we could grab dinner then go play a few games at D&B. Have you ever done something like that? If you don't want to do that we could do something else.

Personally I hate D&B & think it's about on par with boardwalk arcades & Chuckie Cheese so I'd jump at the chance to do anything else. She may love D&B.

Try to remember that some date activities are cliché for a reason: they are tried, & true & work so don't feel compelled to mess with success just for the sake of being different.

• Author
As long as you both think the activity is fun, it's fine. If she hates arcades, crowds or noise you will be in trouble.

She did say she gets bad anxiety

How about a comedy club. Find a restaurant nearby and go to dinner and then the comedy club. Live music is always good, but you need to make sure of her taste in music first. You can always go to a place where you can eat and then the music comes on later. A movie isn't bad for a second date if there is something you both want to see. Can always eat first, leaving plenty of talk time, then depending on the movie you can make the holding hands or arm around her move to see where she's at.

Hum.

I agree with others, throw Dave and Buster's out there as a suggestion and leave it up to her.

Honestly I don't see D&B much different than bowling or mini golf. I have ended up at D&B for some various meet ups etc, and my husband and I had fun playing team games - and they have a lot of games that are in two person private booths - which was cool. But it was loud, crowded and over the top - not sure it would mix well with anxiety.

For an early date I don't like concerts (too loud to talk), or a comedy club (it's rude to talk) or movies (again no opportunity for chatting).

Around here, we have some GREAT in between places, like an adult only, indoor mini golf that has good food and even better cocktails, and a couple "brewcaids" which are bars with lots of fun interactive arcade games, foosball etc.

And adult nights (again with cocktails) at our various art, science etc museums (which I really enjoy) - but again, what you have locally may differ.

• Like 1

If she has anxiety then she’s gonna get uncomfortable going to a busy at arcade bar. How about ice skating? Or site seeing?

First date: Dinner and then we went to a brewery/winery for drinks after. Told me she had a great time.

Second date: Go out to dinner and then go to Dave and Busters afterwards.

Does this sound like a good second date? To implement some more playful fun and laughs or too childish.

We are both 23.

Thanks

Did she leave all the decision making to you? Why don't you suggest few options and see what she says.

I love going bowling with my partner. Who cares about cliches!? It's a bit intimate. You have a chance to still talk while having friendly and flirty competition. Maybe play a funny bet on who is going to win or lose.

Comedy club/bars are awesome. Just don't sit too close to the stage as they might pick on you as part of their joke. It may not go well with her anxiety.

Dinner and a movie is another cliche but still works. If you really want to avoid the crowd and focus on each other, then picnic at the park.

If you want to really make her feel good then I suggest you drive up to her.

Relax, don't over think. Good luck!

I like the idea of dinner and top it off with a drink or two, but I don't do bars or nightclubs...if we can sit and chat and have a drink, it's good. I don't want anything too noisy, and I'm not into sports, so I don't want to go on a date where my guy is glued to the game at the sports bar. If you like to get together and club and dance, great. If you want to hit baseballs, also great. When planning the next date, ask her if there's anything she'd like to do or someplace she'd like to go. You're learning each other's interests and if those interests can mesh. Have fun with this.

Ask her to come to your place, make dinner and watch a boring movie. It’ll be cheap, you can have fun cooking together, it’ll be conducive for personal conversations and you guys can cuddle up and keep each other warm.