Pets not liking your date

GreenTea937

Have any of your pets not liked your date. How did your pet behave? Did the date turn out to be a bad person. My man picker is broken and I'm thinking about getting an animal to guage the men I date.

newyorker11356
Have any of your pets not liked your date. How did your pet behave? Did the date turn out to be a bad person. My man picker is broken and I'm thinking about getting an animal to guage the men I date.

Assuming this is a joke? :p

todreaminblue

there's guys i would never consider dating from the reaction of protection dogs i have had over the years.....i actually didnt feel my dogs were protection dogs they never acted like it...they would sniff people and then come sit beside me or wait till that person patted them then come sit beside me....one guy i thought was really nice i didnt really know him that well though...my ridgeback wouldnt even let him shake my hand or walk over to me..i was however pregnant......she was the friendliest girl but as soon as this guy walked through my door she would put herself between me and him i have since found out that is what a ridgy will do when they perceive a real threat i would rouse on her because she would basically stop me from walking over.....where i didnt see harm obviously she did...this has happened very rarely but when it does because my dogs are normally good with people unless i were to command them....i take notice...

as far as dates go no...i dont believe it is right to let a dog choose who you date.....but i do believe if a dog shows anything unsettling around a person and a marked change of behaviour...you need to be cautious...for protection of that person the dog has taken a dislike or a wariness too....and be vary cautious yourself...

as far as getting a dog for reasons that you state because your picker is off..that isnt a reason to get a dog at all.... its not right...get a dog because you want to love them if you want a working dog and need protection by all means choose a protection dog...but not to pick your dates for you..

a good dog owner is willing to spend all the money that they can and time and effort to make sure their dog is cared for...they arent disposable once you start dating someone and feel alright with that person you date to be left at home alone and lonely...dogs care and have a strong sense of family purpose.......you wont need the dog anymore and you will neglect your duty that you have to your dog...

your dog will never do that to you.that dog will be loyal and give you unconditional love for life......so dont do it......not so flippant a reason please would you ever even consider buying a dog.......dogs are not date pickers...they are a four legged furry commitment who will love you for the term of their natural life......deb..