Is this a big deal?

Mysticvine

So about a week ago this guy I met through a mutual friend but hadn't seen for a couple of months (he was interested in me but I was dating someone else so nothing happened between us) texted me and we caught up for a little while before he asked me out. I said yes and we have a date for tuesday. The only thing that's giving me a little concern is that he's not really texting me or making conversation. Should I be concerned that he may only want sex?

Not sure why you think he may only want sex. Is there anything he did to make you think that besides what you have written?

Based on what you have shared it seems there isn’t much info to know what he really wants. As you get to know him, it will become more apparent. He may not even know what he wants until he knows you better.

Some people simply prefer to get to know each other in person than via texting.

Cookiesandough

Yea I don’t see anything where he just wants sex. Maybe he just isn’t a big texted. What time is your date and what’s the venue?

• Author
Not sure why you think he may only want sex. Is there anything he did to make you think that besides what you have written?

Based on what you have shared it seems there isn’t much info to know what he really wants. As you get to know him, it will become more apparent. He may not even know what he wants until he knows you better.

Some people simply prefer to get to know each other in person than via texting.

I asked my friend her opinion and she says she feels him not making conversation is maybe a sign he just wants sex? Idk.

• Author
Yea I don’t see anything where he just wants sex. Maybe he just isn’t a big texted. What time is your date and what’s the venue?

It's at 9 and this brewery he wants to check out.

I'm not getting why him not texting leads to you thinking he just wants sex. Maybe he has a life - work/study/hobbies/sports/family/friends - and is busy. Some people just don't need constant communication. You say this has all happened in the past week, you saw him, he texted, you met up, you arranged a date in a couple of days......how much communication do you expect from someone before you've even gone on a date? If you were texting him and he wasn't answering that would be a different situation, but he's probably just got more important things to think about than exchanging meaningless chit chat.

• Like 1

Seriously..Imagine life without texting/social media. It was really a 'thing' once upon a time. You have a date for Tuesday(1st date). Relax...;)

• Like 3

Not everyone is big on texting and constant contact before a date. This isn't OLD where texting is the initial phase of determining if you want to meet. You've already met. There was attraction but you were not available at the time. What prompted him to text you again? Did he hear from this mutual friend that you are single? I think it's encouraging that he approached you after some time has passed.

You caught up a little and he asked you out. Your date is a couple days away. You'll have a lot to talk about. If your friend thinks this is a sign he only wants sex, why is that? Is he known to be a player? Does he only communicate with women he's serious about? I guess we'll find out. It's not like this date is a commitment to hopping into bed. If that's all he's after, you'll know soon enough. Don't stress out. You're not obligated to sleep with him. Just have fun.

It's not a problem & it does not mean he only wants sex. He is mission oriented but not chatty. You have the date. He just doesn't feel compelled to love bomb you in advance. In the beginning you should not be talking daily. The need for constant reassurance is immature. So be happy he's confident enough not to pressure you that way. Enjoy the time you spend together in person.

He has set a date and will converse with you on the date. If the date goes well, and you both hit it off, then he will probably text you in between dates. He doesn't want to be smothering. I'm sure texting before a first date has bit him in the ass a few times, so he's gonna be avoiding doing that.

If you want to have a conversation, you be the one to contact him.

If he just wants sex, that will be determined after the first or second date when he asks you to come to his place to watch a movie *wink wink, say no more, say no more.....