Should I be worried?

lm0905

I love my boyfriend a lot, I really do. I have always trusted him and he has never given me a reason to not trust him but for some reason this makes me feel a little uneasy. Him and I have talked about our future together and have agreed we see each other in ours.

So we live in the US, but BF is currently in Europe right now for a couple of weeks with his dad and brothers to visit family. BF has a friend 'D' from home that is studying abroad in Europe, so 'D' came to one of the cities to visit BF and see the city.

BF and I were talking yesterday and he told me that they all are probably going to go out for a drink, cool have fun and didn't think twice about it. About an hour later or so, he tells me that they met an Italian girl there and this is how the convo went:

BF: 'met some Italian chick and she wanted D'

Me: 'haha that's funny. how do you know?'

BF: 'well she wanted me but i deflected harddd. jk im ugly. she just walked up to D and I'

Me: 'i find it hard to believe she didn't hit on you, cause you're attractive'

BF: '???'

Me: 'you're allowed to tell me a girl hit on you, I don't care... So then did nothing happen with D and this Italian girl?'

BF: 'nah we went separate ways, it was just funny'

Then we FaceTimed right after this for a little bit and talked to his family and D and they all seemed fine.

I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night and was scrolling through the Instagram 'followers' feed (I like to look at it cause it's usually where I find all of my meme pages on Instagram) when I noticed that my boyfriend had followed a girl from Italy on the page... It's clearly the same one that he was telling me about.

Idk why but I've never felt uneasy about him, ever. But if nothing happened to this girl, then why do they even have each others' instagram usernames? Why are they only following each other and not also following 'D'? But if something happened between them, then why did he tell me about this Italian girl in the first place, right??

Am I being completely irrational for no reason? Literally BF has never given a reason for me to not trust him. We've talked a bunch since he's been gone, so that's not the problem.

Social media is meaningless. He talked to somebody he found interesting & is now following her on social media. That's it. He didn't do anything else. He's coming home to you soon & will never see her again. Relax.

• Like 3

I get it, he went out of his way to make sure you knew about this girl, and down played their interaction by saying she was interested in his friend. He lied. He was covering his ass, but not well enough. I'm sure if the tables were turned he would be blowing up your phone by now.

I understand how this looks BUT, I think he did it just to let himself know he "still has it". Boys will be boys.

Have a talk with him when he gets back. Not feverishly accuse him of things but just say how inappropriate and questionable his actions were. And mention that if you did such a thing, how would he feel about it. That might clear this up real fast.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1