Happy Update

winny

To all the community members who have been there for me during days of heart breaks, pain, disappointments, tears, anxiety, fears, insecurity, being ghosted, dumped..... in the last 4.5 years, I want to inform you that I am dating someone wonderful. He recently asked me to be his girlfriend.

For the first time ever I am in a healthy relationship, in fact I am discovering how a healthy relationship feels like and if I have to describe how I feel in one word..I feel "PEACE".

Anyone out there today who is feeling disappointed with their dating life (you can read my previous posts to know what all crap I had to go thru) I hope this update helps you to not give up.

• Like 23
  • Author
So happy for you winny :) What do you attribute this to? Luck? Self improvement? Change in perception?

Great question.

Few things which I feel made a difference:

• I forced myself to not get involved (get diverted and waste time) in casual relationships which although can be easy to get for a woman and which tempt you when you are terribly lonely, yet leave you feeling very empty at the end. That filtered out many guys.

• A lot of emotional strength (Which I perhaps developed by many bad experiences) due to which I felt very secure in the first few dates. I just knew that if this did not work then still I will be okay, just the way I was okay after the ones which I previously hoped so bad to work, did not. I think this security just made a big impact on how I acted on the initial dates or how communication thru texts etc. progressed. I did not have to try to look secure, I was actually secure. I surprised myself with how stable I was feeling. And its not just in my dating life but it's something I have had been feeling in past few months in other aspects of my life as well.

• No games.

Of course, him being an emotionally healthy person who is open about his feelings... and communicates clearly and not does not create situations where I start feeling insecure... helped a lot.

• Like 3
Great question.

Few things which I feel made a difference:

• I forced myself to not get involved (get diverted and waste time) in casual relationships which although can be easy to get for a woman and which tempt you when you are terribly lonely, yet leave you feeling very empty at the end. That filtered out many guys.

• A lot of emotional strength (Which I perhaps developed by many bad experiences) due to which I felt very secure in the first few dates. I just knew that if this did not work then still I will be okay, just the way I was okay after the ones which I previously hoped so bad to work, did not. I think this security just made a big impact on how I acted on the initial dates or how communication thru texts etc. progressed. I did not have to try to look secure, I was actually secure. I surprised myself with how stable I was feeling. And its not just in my dating life but it's something I have had been feeling in past few months in other aspects of my life as well.

• No games.

Of course, him being an emotionally healthy person who is open about his feelings... and communicates clearly and not does not create situations where I start feeling insecure... helped a lot.

Those are some great insights. The focus to find the right match and the emotional maturity to be your best self. There are numerous people who could learn from this!

• Like 1