She Didn't Reply to My E-Mail?

BluSpark

I am a guy. I recently attended a networking event with some co-workers.

Tried to make this shorter but here goes:

At the event, we met this woman. She gave me her business card but I didn't have my card on me. I told her I'd follow up and send her my contact info. However, one of my co-workers gave her his card. My first impression was that she might have some interest in me.

I completely forgot to follow up with her. That said, she followed up with my male co-worker who had given her is card. He invited her to our office for a brief meet and greet. He advised me of this and suggested I join him in meeting her.

So we both met with her to hear about what her company does. I apologized to her for not following up. We all three chatted about business for about 30 minutes and then she was on her way. During the meeting she gave me another one of her business cards but not to my co-worker.

After that in person meeting I followed up the next day with an e-mail to her. I did NOT ask her out on a date in the email. But I did thank her for coming by and noted a few professional related things we had in common that had come up in the in person meeting. I ended the e-mail by saying I hoped we would get a chance to run into one another again at future industry events.

It has been over one week and she has not replied. I double checked to make certain I got the e-mail address correct.

I have no issue with her not being interested but I would have guessed she would eventually reply with a brief note saying good to meet you as well. The no reply has me wondering IF she never got the e-mail?

Should I consider making one more approach? LinkedIn, a phone call or a text?

I wouldn't. IF she is truly interested she would use this contact to make an excuse to get together with you - but she hasn't...so leave it where it is and see if maybe sometime in the future she reaches out.

Also noted - you didn't ask any questions that requested any reply from her - so she's only following your lead (which is none at the moment).

• Like 1

No you should not follow up. She is not personally interested in you. From a business perspective she came to your office at your colleague's invitation; she sees the 2 of you as interchangeable. However, he was more professional -- having cards on him at the event & being the 1st to follow up so she is probably more comfortable dealing with him to do business.

Sorry.

Make it a point to always have cards on you. Also take the time to follow up with everyone the next day. In this day & age, people are not patient.

Had I gotten that email, I probably wouldnt have answered either. Certainly theres nothing in there that would indicate you wanted any further contact with her. Sorta reads like a canned response, actually.