Valentine's Day post

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all. I hope no one out there is too sad or suffering from loneliness. ANd I hope whoever is happy is, in fact, happy. I wanted to update all on what went down today.

About 4/5 months ago I connected with this man on Tinder. We had two conversations on the phone, he was asking me some out there questions. He said he attracts only two types, delicate flower females and Alpha females who wear leather pants, which was I? I said I'm not telling him. Then he said he asked me if I was ever pregnant, I said I wasn't telling him that either. After that, decided not to talk to him again, that's just strange and creepy. He texted me between Christmas/New Year's but I did not respond to it. Then he texted me today wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day. I blocked him on my phone, the phone carrier applies a block for about a month. So he's trying again. I will not respond.

I got a text from the hippie I was with last year for a flash. I was with him for about 2/3 months and was about to make it "official" when I found a business card for a DEA officer in Colorado. I asked "What's this?" He said he was caught with a wad of cash. I did a search, found out about his sordid past and said "GET OUT." And he did. He'd texted me a few times here and there and said he missed me, he was sorry, he got depressed when I said I didn't want to see him again. I did the right thing to leave him.

Then I got a third text today from someone I'd met who I'd been chatting with on OLD. He said he was away in TN visiting his family. After a few days it tapered off. Then I get a text from another number saying it was him, he changed his phone number because he had a lot of credit card debt and he was tired of all the collectors calling him. He was still in TN, he was working several plumbing / construction jobs and then he would have enough money to get back to our city. Shady. I decided to throw that fish back into the sea. Then today I get a text from him saying Happy Valentine's Day after about two weeks of silence. I thought he was no longer interested, he said he still was. But he was still in TN and almost has enough money to get back home soon. This sounds odd. I will throw this fish back.

And there's more ... Just tonight I was out for just a flash and saw someone across the room. It was the hot math teacher I had a thing for. The one I asked "Want to hang out?" and he said back "I am not interested in you romantically." I said "Well love makes you fat, doesn't it?", walked away and never talked to him again. Four years ago now. I didn't say anything, didn't make eye contact, nothing. I wanted to tell him I was still damaged from it, but there's no point in that, telling someone how they damaged you. They probably have great joy in it.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Thanks for sharing and happy V-day. All quiet today. Attention being sought from proper partners. Like. That's my gift. The sound of silence. ;)

I got a text from out of the woodwork. I'm was on the fence when we went out anyway, so when he got "too busy" to see me but once a month, I easily ditched it. Wish I wouldv'e gotten a text from one of my on again, off agains, but nope.

On the up side, you stick in men's minds...just the wrong ones are reaching out. :p