Why am I asking all the questions?

LoverOfDance

Hi guys, so I need some guidance if anyone can offer some. I'm talking to this guy online. He messaged me first but now somehow i'm finding myself asking all the questions. I don't understand. Why isn't he asking me any questions even though he messaged first? What is that about? Fellas, how do you think I should handle this?

CautiouslyOptimistic
Hi guys, so I need some guidance if anyone can offer some. I'm talking to this guy online. He messaged me first but now somehow i'm finding myself asking all the questions. I don't understand. Why isn't he asking me any questions even though he messaged first? What is that about? Fellas, how do you think I should handle this?

What did his first message say?

CautiouslyOptimistic
Thanks for the reply :-)

He said "Hi ...., hope you're having a good week so far"

And even that wasn't a question lol!

I think this is a guy who messages a lot of people just seeing who will respond, not really intending to get to know the other person. Just my theory knowing nothing else about the guy!

• Like 6
Happy Lemming

Can you include some information about yourself with the next question??

Something like... "Do you like your job?? I really like mine"

And see if he asks you about your job... It doesn't have to be job, anything can be substituted pets, favorite flavor of ice cream, anything that would lead him to ask a question.

See if that works...

• Like 1

I don't ask questions. It's because I don't like it when the date asks me a lot of questions. Getting to know me? They tend to ask all the questions that have nothing to do with who I am. Maybe it's important to them? Where my sister lives? I prefer to let the guy tell me what he wants me to know about him. That's why I don't ask questions. I just listen. I learn more about him through his choice of what to share.

• Like 1
Why isn't he asking me any questions even though he messaged first?

Either

a) he's a time waster or

b) he lacks social skills

• Like 3

I'm a guy who use to be on a dating site. He's messaging others and his interest appears elsewhere. Probably just doing enough to keep you on his hook while he tries to reel in a bigger fish. I always asked questions if I was really interested on someone. Stop initiating. There should be mutual interest on both slides. If I'm asking questions and the other person isn't, I'm not wasting any more time.

• Like 2
He messaged me first but now somehow i'm finding myself asking all the questions. I don't understand.

What kind of questions are you asking and why do you feel the need to continue? Are you conducting an interview?

Thanks for the reply :-)

He said "Hi ...., hope you're having a good week so far"

He's just wasting your time. I'd move on from someone whose disinterest is so obvious.

If he had any interest, he'd ask you how your week was going, among other questions geared towards getting to know you better.

• Like 1

Something like... "Do you like your job?? "

That's a yes/no answer.

"Why do you like where you work" will elicit more than yes/no.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the replies guys. This is OLD so I take everything with a grain of salt (especially on Tinder).

I asked him if he was traveling and he said: "just Hawaii last week, this week relaxing". I didn't reply. I don't want to talk to someone who doesn't seem to be trying much. I have a casual "friend" who asks me many more questions, messages me three times in a row when I don't reply and shows way more interest - granted he's only concerned with sex, lol. Still though, I don't want to talk to someone who could really care less about the conversation.

• Like 2

Like the others already said, he's wasting your time. I was talking to a girl like that on Tinder. I was asking all the questions and only sometimes she would throw in a "you?", after one of her short replies. This lasted about a month till one day she just deleted the match. (Tinder) I could already tell early on by her lack of effort that she probably wasn't that interested, so it didn't bother me much. I would just move on.

Happy Lemming
That's a yes/no answer.

"Why do you like where you work" will elicit more than yes/no.

You truncated my quote, the second part of the text was "I really like mine".

My idea being he would ask her about her job and hopefully get more of a conversation rolling...

Your question implies that the person already likes their job, which we have not established to be true.

I get this as well when I message women. I rarely get a response to my initial email, but when I do, I'll say a bit about myself and ask her a question. If after a couple messages she doesn't ask me anything, I send a message not asking her a question. Every time I never receive a response so I just assume she really wasn't interested and just move on.

I asked him if he was traveling and he said: "just Hawaii last week, this week relaxing".

His name isn't Bernard by any chance?

You truncated my quote, the second part of the text was "I really like mine".

That's a statement. With a guy who's willing to arse himself, it may elicit interest, but not this guy.

The response to that, with this particular guy more than likely keeping it to himself: "that's nice" or "good for you"

The question is still a yes/no.

Edited by kendahke
normal person
Hi guys, so I need some guidance if anyone can offer some. I'm talking to this guy online. He messaged me first but now somehow i'm finding myself asking all the questions. I don't understand

This guy is already demonstrating he has poor social skills and judgment.

Why isn't he asking me any questions even though he messaged first?

General incompetence.

What is that about? Fellas, how do you think I should handle this?

Forget about him and move onto someone who can hold a decent conversation. You'll thank yourself later. I'm not quite sure why you haven't ignored the guy already.