Birthday

knight192

Hi,

I'm gonna have my second date with that girl, and that day is her birthday. We are going to the restaurant. So i'll offer her the meal, but shall I also get her something or not as it is only the second time we see each others ?

Thanks for your help.

Do not get her anything more than flowers or A card if you're that type. Play it cool and be thankful she wants to spend her birthday with YOU! Good luck on your date!

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

Agreed with Soul Bear, a modest bouquet of flowers (don't go overboard with this either) would be a nice touch but nothing more.

Have fun!

• Like 2

How old are you two and how long have you known each other?

I personally wouldn't do the flowers and dinner. Seems too much to me. Dinner, yes.

Second time, just dinner. If she likes you she is not going to think less if you just take her to dinner. If she doesn't like you, flowers or a gift from a stranger won't change her mind and will probably make her uncomfortable.

If she thinks flowers are or gift are a bit much so soon, it's not exactly a good thing either. In my opinion you only stand to lose buying gifts or flowers early on so why bother?

Cookiesandough

Guy I like doesn’t bring me even some flowers for my bday I’m gonna think wth. That’s kinda cold, but ok

Guy I don’t like... it’s really not gonna matter because I don’t like him.

• Like 1

Get her a card. Have the wait staff put a candle in her dessert. That's it.

If you are under 30 do not get her flowers. They will spook her. You can get her a flower for Valentine's Day, just not a red rose.

Cookiesandough

Get her calla lilies!!!! No card. Do not get her a card

Edited by Cookiesandough

I wouldn't do a birthday anything for a second date. Tell her to go out and have a good time with her friends.

• Like 1
Get her calla lilies!!!! No card. Do not get her a card

Why no card & why expensive funeral flowers?

I think a $3.99 card that has some balloons on the front & say Happy Birthday but not much else printed inside is way more low key.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Lol They’re not that expensive!!! It’s her birthday. They’re pretty. What’s she going to with a card from a virtual stranger anyway? That’s not a romantic gesture, it’s more FZ and sort of desperate at that

& if she agreed to a bday date with op she has no one better to spend it with, no diss to op, that could be good for him

Cookiesandough

And they are not funeral flowers!!! They do put them on gravestones sometimes to represent innocence but they are actually low key and casual & unique unlike roses

They’re ‘ tap it’ flowers, if you know what I’m saying

Anyway, let us know what you decide to do.

Happy Lemming
Lol They’re not that expensive!!! It’s her birthday. They’re pretty. What’s she going to with a card from a virtual stranger anyway? That’s not a romantic gesture, it’s more FZ and sort of desperate at that

& if she agreed to a bday date with op she has no one better to spend it with, no diss to op, that could be good for him

What is "FZ"??

I don't know about cala lilies, but I like to take flowers to whom ever I'm dating, each time I pick them up for a date, unless they like something else. What woman doesn't like fresh flowers in her home??

I had one home where wild lilies would grow, they were bright yellow. I would take those to dates, as well.

I even took flowers to a "booty call" one time and the woman loved them. She never expected them and was thrilled by the gesture. I think it made her feel special.

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

Friend zone lol.

And that sounds really nice! Flowers aren’t a grand gesture where I’m from, just nice. I agree on picking out the ones best suited for you/her

• Like 1

If your "first date" was just meeting, then this is the first date.

In this case, just dinner and dessert is enough.

If you've known each other a while and/or the chemistry is off the charts, you could get her a little gift.

Personally I think flowers are boring and sometimes awkward to receive if you're not into someone.

You can't go wrong with edible gifts though.

Around here lilies are about $5 per stem . . . very expensive. For a 2nd date, I'd go with a $20 mixed bouquet from a bodega if you are going to do flowers at all. I still think the woman will be overwhelmed & possibly scared off. A card which cost way less & is easily disposable is less intense IMO.

OP you know her. We don't. Just don't go grand; it's too soon.

• Like 1

I'd stick with wishing her a happy birthday, and letting the waitstaff know ahead of time and unbeknownst to her that you're celebrating her bday. Most restaurants will serve a complementary dessert with a candle in it.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough
I'd stick with wishing her a happy birthday, and letting the waitstaff know ahead of time and unbeknownst to her that you're celebrating her bday. Most restaurants will serve a complementary dessert with a candle in it.

Oh my goodness. I LOATHE that with a passion. To this day, my parents find it entertaining to torment me by getting the attention of the restaurant staff etc. focused on me on my bday

I think this thread is just proof there are as many right answers as there are opinions on this one xD

• Like 1

Cookiesanddough

I know what you mean about the restaurant staff. I hate all the clapping, the bad singing & basically being made a spectacle of. Just yuck.

What I was talking about was one dessert, with one candle, brought to the table by one server who places it unobtrusively in front of OP's date so that he can quietly wish her a happy birthday & invite to make a wish then blow out the candle. Hopefully they can then share the desert. Romantic -- a small acknowledgement of her birthday & absolutely no unwanted attention drawn to them.

OP if you opt for the dessert route make it clear you don't want the clapping nonsense. I have gone so far as to tell wait staff that if they sing, clap or carry on they get no tip but if they do it my way, unobtrusively, they will be rewarded

• Like 3
Hi,

I'm gonna have my second date with that girl, and that day is her birthday. We are going to the restaurant. So i'll offer her the meal, but shall I also get her something or not as it is only the second time we see each others ?

Thanks for your help.

offer her the birthday card and that's it...

I'm with the ones who say only a card and a piece of cake or desert with candle in it, and tell them NOT to sing at the table or any of that embarrassing stuff. Nothing more. What if you find out she tells every date it's her birthday to get stuff or something. Just a card and you'd have bought dessert anyway.