LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Bf being weird through text?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 2 Post By winny
  • 1 Post By FilterCoffee
  • 6 Post By hippychick3
  • 2 Post By act00
  • 2 Post By Rockdad
  • 3 Post By winny
  • 1 Post By olivetree
  • 2 Post By Cookiesandough
  • 3 Post By joseb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2018, 3:33 AM   #1
Established Member

Bf being weird through text?

So we have been dating 6 months and he isn't usually like this. I'm hoping its just him being tired, but in the past the distance I experienced w/guys always signified a major problem. I don't blow up his phone w/texts. Anyways for the last couple of hours he has been giving one word unenthusiastic answers when he is usually asking about my day, talking about random stuff etc. I sent him a pic of a sexy dress I was going to wear and the usual response wasn't there, again a one word, boring answer. Am I being paranoid? btw I absolutely go to the worst possible scenario, that he is blowing me off for another woman. He def questions if my communication habits change.
I'veseenbetterlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 4:21 AM   #2
Established Member

If this is only for last 2 hrs in a 6 month relationship I would not get paranoid but if this continues (one word, boring responses) for few more days, then yes you should be concerned and ask him whats up.
Old 8th February 2018, 5:17 AM   #3
Established Member

Itís only been a few hours. Maybe heís busy. RELAX

PS: If you want his immediate attention then send him a pic of you in that dress
Kimmy007 likes this.
ďIíve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game's winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life and that's why I succeed.Ē ― Michael Jordan
FilterCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 5:27 AM   #4
Established Member

How about just pick up the phone and actually CALL him.
hippychick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:59 AM   #5
Established Member

When they change their pattern dramatically, this can be reason for concern, I agree with that, but you're not talking about days of not texting or texting much, and also being "busy" when normally you would go out. You're talking about a couple hours. If he's withdrawing or not as enthusiastic as normal, I think you can give him a break. You'll have the opportunity to discuss what's going on when you see him, or later, you can talk on the phone, any number of things. Things in his life might be blowing up on him, and I wonder why a guy is supposed to get so excited about a dress you just bought. Is he typically invested in your wardrobe? Were you hoping for a hubba-hubba? Girlfriends get excited about shoes and outfits, boyfriends typically don't.

Wait for a pattern. This could be temporary or a one-off. If something is going on, you'll have opportunity to discuss it.
act00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 10:30 AM   #6
Established Member

He could be driving or doing 100 other thing that needs his attention. If you text him a couple of times and you only get short answers then just assume he's busy and stop texting. Why would you keep on texting him if you only get 1 word reply? I don't get it.

Then why assume he's chatting with another woman and working on breaking up with you? Is your relationship on shaky ground?
Old 8th February 2018, 10:50 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippychick3 View Post
How about just pick up the phone and actually CALL him.
You have lost your mind !
Old 8th February 2018, 10:59 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'veseenbetterlol View Post
So we have been dating 6 months and he isn't usually like this. I'm hoping its just him being tired, but in the past the distance I experienced w/guys always signified a major problem. I don't blow up his phone w/texts. Anyways for the last couple of hours he has been giving one word unenthusiastic answers when he is usually asking about my day, talking about random stuff etc. I sent him a pic of a sexy dress I was going to wear and the usual response wasn't there, again a one word, boring answer. Am I being paranoid? btw I absolutely go to the worst possible scenario, that he is blowing me off for another woman. He def questions if my communication habits change.
What does he say when you ask him about it?

Also, why do you "absolutely" go to the worst possible scenario? What/How does doing that serve you?
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:11 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendahke View Post
What does he say when you ask him about it?

Also, why do you "absolutely" go to the worst possible scenario? What/How does doing that serve you?
Going to worst possible scenario saves me pain later on. I talked to him abt it and he said he couldn't see the picture that well, that he meant hot by answering cool. Somehow this seems like a cop out to me.
I'veseenbetterlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:20 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Going to worst possible scenario saves me pain later on.
What a great and smart way to live life !!!
winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:20 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Going to worst possible scenario saves me pain later on. I talked to him abt it and he said he couldn't see the picture that well, that he meant hot by answering cool. Somehow this seems like a cop out to me.
That's the illogical fallacy of anxiety.
It's causing you pain now AND later.
olivetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:35 PM   #12
Established Member

Personally, if I got a sexy outfit and my bf threw me a humdrum reply, my jimmies would be a bit rustled too. I donít blame you
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:43 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Personally, if I got a sexy outfit and my bf threw me a humdrum reply, my jimmies would be a bit rustled too. I donít blame you
Well, if my gf sent me a pic of her wearing a sexy dress, I would be suitably excited and reply in kind.

If she just sent me a pic of a dress, well it wouldn't really register.
joseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 7:44 PM   #14
Established Member

Lol, thatís true.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote