Generally speaking would there be some signs of an SO on Facebook or social media?

Sdives

I am trying to find out if this girl is single I know her casually. I have found her FB. There is no trace of any guy or any relationship status of any kind. Nothing in photos She has about 130 friends and I have looked through all the guys too see if there are any guys that could be. Most of the guys say single she is not in any of their photos some of the guys have Gf’s and the rest don’t seem like likely candidates at all.

Usually speaking would a girl of 20 have some signs on her FB somewhere of a bf? I honestly see nothing there. None of the guys on the friends list seem like they would have any possibility. She is not in any of their photos either. She has other social media accounts no sign of any guy there either.

Most people have their So on their Facebook and none of the guys seem like a possibility.

Any input?

Happy Lemming

Any input?

Yes, why don't you call her up and ask her out??

If she has a boyfriend, she'll tell you.

I've asked women out (who I didn't know were already involved) and they've been polite and said "No Thank You, I have a boyfriend"

• Like 9

I've asked women out (who I didn't know were already involved) and they've been polite and said "No Thank You, I have a boyfriend"

Unless they are living together, engaged, or married a boyfriend is actually a good thing. She is technically single whether or not she has a boyfriend. If you want her then stop being a coward by creeping her on Facebook. Make her want you more than whatever she has or doesn't have now. It's the law of the jungle out there. Choose to be a winner and don't let minor inconveniences get in your way.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
Unless they are living together, engaged, or married...

Yes, I was making the assumption that none of these conditions existed, as he researched her on facebook. I imagine if she were "involved" it would be on the front/title page of her facebook, but you are correct she could be spoken for.

Good point!!

Does she post memes to any specific guy? Or from that guy to her? I'm reliably informed that this is how 18yos can pick if there's a romantic connection going on.

Exactly.

Wth hell is with all the fb crap . snooping around , although the women do it even worse anyway.

But your a male , just ask her if she's seeing anyone.

Simple.

• Like 2
  • Author
Does she post memes to any specific guy? Or from that guy to her? I'm reliably informed that this is how 18yos can pick if there's a romantic connection going on.

No there’s no trace of anything if she did have a guy shouldn’t there be evidence of some sort?

Cookiesandough

maybe, maybe not. she may be a private person or they may not be *~facebook official~* as kids call it these days. Whatever happened to just asking people out without preemptively stalking them. Worst case scenario they say no

I don't put anything on FB about who I"m dating. People in my life who know me know who I'm dating. FB doesn't need to know that.

• Like 3
  • Author
maybe, maybe not. she may be a private person or they may not be *~facebook official~* as kids call it these days. Whatever happened to just asking people out without preemptively stalking them. Worst case scenario they say no

No I don’t mean like relationship status. There’s no photos and none of the guys on her friends list are decent candidates as i mentioned onmy additional post . Most say single some have gfs others won’t be likely. She is not in any photos of any of the guys on her friends list. Generally speaking young people will have their SO at least on their friends list

Is there something you both enjoy doing? Ask her to come join you at the event. She might say she has a dude. Or she might join you and then you can talk in person and ask her casually if she's seeing anyone. It will open up conversation.

• Like 1
No there’s no trace of anything if she did have a guy shouldn’t there be evidence of some sort?

What I explained IS evidence if you're talking about young people.

What age range are you looking at?

• Author
What I explained IS evidence if you're talking about young people.

What age range are you looking at?

Oh I see ok ,no memes no posting nothing no trace anywhere or in the past

Facebook is not necessarily representative of a person's private life, no.

Due to the sensitive nature of my partner's work, for example, he is not on Facebook. That includes on my own profile, too. Our friends and family all certainly know we are together though, and we are integral parts of each other's lives. My FB profile only reflects a portion of my life; there is plenty I keep offline.

This is just one of many possible reasons why you might not find someone's significant other in their social media. Not seeing any photos is not evidence that the person in question is single, so you'll need to find out in a more direct way, OP.

• Author
Facebook is not necessarily representative of a person's private life, no.

Due to the sensitive nature of my partner's work, for example, he is not on Facebook. That includes on my own profile, too. Our friends and family all certainly know we are together though, and we are integral parts of each other's lives. My FB profile only reflects a portion of my life; there is plenty I keep offline.

This is just one of many possible reasons why you might not find someone's significant other in their social media. Not seeing any photos is not evidence that the person in question is single, so you'll need to find out in a more direct way, OP.

They would be on each others friends list, even if they kept secretive, via photos and status changes. People have others they barely know on their friends list. They most certainly would have their significant others.I'll talk to her more and find out

Edited by Sdives
They would be on each others friends list, even if they kept secretive, via photos and status changes. People have others they barely know on their friends list. They most certainly would have their significant others.I'll talk to her more and find out

Not if the significant other is not on Facebook, they wouldn't. That's what I am trying to explain with my own example: my partner doesn't have a Facebook account at all.

And you cannot begin to assess if she's dating someone just by looking at her Friend list. You don't know her well enough to know if she is single, so you can't assume to know her well enough to weed out her "type" based on their FB thumbnails either.

Point being, you would need to talk to her more, yes. Facebook (or other social media) is just not a reliable enough tool to determine someone's relationship status in and of itself.

• Like 1
  • Author
Not if the significant other is not on Facebook, they wouldn't. That's what I am trying to explain with my own example: my partner doesn't have a Facebook account at all.

And you cannot begin to assess if she's dating someone just by looking at her Friend list. You don't know her well enough to know if she is single, so you can't assume to know her well enough to weed out her "type" based on their FB thumbnails either.

Point being, you would need to talk to her more, yes. Facebook (or other social media) is just not a reliable enough tool to determine someone's relationship status in and of itself.

I can kinda tell that these guys wont be her type trust me when I say this. Also young people, 99.9% of them, are on social media.none of her media accounts have any trace of a guy. none, no group friend photos nothing. zero zilch. I'm 99.9 % sure she is single