Should I text him after 2 weeks of silence?

Molly-4

I'll try to keep it short.

I've liked a guy I bump into every so often at his work. Plucked up the courage to send him a text after we matched on tinder spoke for a week.

Then bumped into him and he asked me if I wanted to go out sometime for dinner or something. I said yes definitely. Later we messaged each other. Couple flirty texts. Then messaged again couple days later.

But now nothing for 2 weeks. I know he's a busy guy. But maybe he's just not into me? Even though he asked me out? Should I send him a message just to see how he is?

I will add.. I will end up bumping into him at his work again.

Edited by Molly-4

Have you ever initiated a text to him?

Did you text him and never got an answer for 2 weeks or you just never texted him?

Does he have another mean to reach you if he lost your number? Do you have each other on social media?

• Like 1

Hi Molly-4,

While there is nothing wrong with a woman texting a guy, keep in mind that men typically pursue women they are interested in.

If this guy isn't pursuing you then, you are probably correct, he's just not that into you.

If you pursue him, he will most likely take it to mean, you are interested and he has an opportunity to get some.

This is the way most guys are and unless you want to have casual sex with him, I would move on.

• Like 1
  • Author
Have you ever initiated a text to him?

Did you text him and never got an answer for 2 weeks or you just never texted him?

Does he have another mean to reach you if he lost your number? Do you have each other on social media?

Yes I have. Both about the same.

The last text was from me but it was a late night one and conversation had just come to a stop anyway.

We text over WhatsApp and I have him on Facebook

Yes I have. Both about the same.

The last text was from me but it was a late night one and conversation had just come to a stop anyway.

We text over WhatsApp and I have him on Facebook

Then you know he's not dead and he's got other means to reach you.

I am sorry but he simply changed his mind about you. It happens. Maybe an ex came back and got his interest, maybe another woman he was starting to see and it clicked.

Don't reach to him. You and your pride do much better if you just move on and don't try to get his attention.

If he liked you, as much as I perceive you liked him, he would have never let 2 weeks go by without a communication, he would not have even let 2 days go by.

Cookiesandough

Don't do it. He has you on whatsapp, fb, Tinder(?), and your number so that's probably four places he could reach you if he wanted to plan the date. Nothing really to accomplish by chasing him especially since you agreed to the date. It's on him to get back to you with plans.

Also, I would not agree to the plans if/when he got back because I think this behavior is rude and his time is up. womp womp

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 2
  • Author

Was hoping these weren't going to be the answers haha! It's just going to be awkward when I do bump into him at his work, which is going to be this week!

I wouldn't. He doesn't sound interested enough to arse himself.

Just keep it professional--this isn't your man.

Was hoping these weren't going to be the answers haha! It's just going to be awkward when I do bump into him at his work, which is going to be this week!

Keep your chin up and pretend nothing ever happened!

If he gets back to you today, next week or next month, do not respond and delete his number.

Even better, if he text you just answer: Who's this?

It's only awkward if you behave awkwardly. When you see him, smile and chin up. Don't bring up anything about the "date" and just communicate about work. Pretend like nothing ever happened.

• Like 1

First he didn't ask you out. When a man says "sometime" he means never. Remember that. If you were a priority to him he his invitation would have been concrete & specific -- dinner at Chez Chic on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. It was vague & therefore meaningless.

Bumping into him at work should not be awkward. Act like you got it all goin' on & it's no never mind that he didn't call; you didn't even notice. If you act all weird like it's embarrassing that you matched on Tinder but he didn't follow through he and your colleagues will lose professional respect for you. I don't care if you have to walk quickly to the ladies room & cry privately in a stall immediately after you see him, you hold your head high & act like you don't give a flying fig about him in front of him.

• Like 2
Happy Lemming

In my opinion, he has moved on...

I was dating this young woman and we had a little mini-argument about nothing. I didn't feel like arguing, so I left her apartment and went home. I called her the next day and left a message, then did the same the day after that. I didn't hear back from her, so I started looking for someone new to date.

Fast forward, four weeks and she calls me out of the blue wanting me to take her out for dinner/movie. I told her that I hadn't heard from her in 4 weeks after I left two messages, so I moved on and I've already started dating someone new.

If you haven't heard from him in two weeks, he's moved on or he's trying for someone else. It only takes 20 seconds for a text or 2 minutes for a phone call, no one is that busy, that they can't acknowledge your communication.

Edited by Happy Lemming