Dating Rant

LoverOfDance

Okcupid is getting so much better. I'm impressed. Okcupid was the first site I joined when I started internet dating about 4 years ago.

One thing I really dislike about most dating sites is that you get bombarded with messages from people you have no interest in. It feels horrible having to reject all these people. I even had to reject a girl once since I'm only interested in men. The reason I actually use Tinder more than other sites is because I don't have to deal with messages from people I'm not interested in. Tinder is still not ideal for me though since most people on there are either looking for hook ups or not taking the site seriously (probably there out of boredom or whatever).

I logged in to Okcupid today and they've made changes to their messaging system. I don't have to see messages from people I'm not interested in, in my inbox. I will only see them beneath the picture of the sender when I am swiping left or right. If I swipe right, then I can respond to the message. I really love this system. Makes my life so much easier. I think other sites should adopt this system or something similar. I think i'll be using okcupid a little more often now :-) Ok, rant over.

• Like 1

I got the same results using OKCupid. The swipe option has been available for a few years now. I Still got a majority of women who were just using the app what of boredom.

• Like 2

Dunno much about them l only went on this one called oasis for a month but l can tell ya,l was pleasantly surprised.

Seems like a pretty good system to me and there's been more than a few nice women too but l was only on it a month and been with someone since.

l never hear it mentioned on ls, l;m in oz though and maybe it doesn't go worldwide dunno but it was pretty good from the little l know about them anyway.

• Like 1

All of these sites are more or less the same. They all have pros and cons. As a guy I like Bumble the best because the women have to message first, and you know you’re not just shooting into the wind messaging random girls who you don’t know if they’ll respond or not. At least with Bumble, you’re talking to women who are interested in you.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

One thing I really dislike about most dating sites is that you get bombarded with messages from people you have no interest in. It feels horrible having to reject all these people. I even had to reject a girl once since I'm only interested in men. The reason I actually use Tinder more than other sites is because I don't have to deal with messages from people I'm not interested in. Tinder is still not ideal for me though since most people on there are either looking for hook ups or not taking the site seriously (probably there out of boredom or whatever).

I logged in to Okcupid today and they've made changes to their messaging system. I don't have to see messages from people I'm not interested in, in my inbox. I will only see them beneath the picture of the sender when I am swiping left or right. If I swipe right, then I can respond to the message. I really love this system. Makes my life so much easier. I think other sites should adopt this system or something similar. I think i'll be using okcupid a little more often now :-) Ok, rant over.

The worst part of online dating for women is having to reject all their suitors. Do you realize how hard you are going to make men rage rn? xD

Seriously though, I didn't know Okcupid changed their system because I stopped using it and stuck to Tinder/bumble for the same reason. That sounds good. There's really no point for both parties to have it otherwise

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1

Don't have to worry about that on mine 99% of the women were crap but l did find a few diamonds among it.

The first time l went on it 3yrs ago it was ridiculous, seems a lot better now.

• Like 1