so I may have lucked up here

rightondude

I found a tinder profile with no pic ... just some funny memes I'd never seen before. The description stated "she knew she was attractive but wanted to conduct an experiment ... doing things with no pic to see the response" ... I figured, what the hell do I have to lose. So we started talking. She's smart, funny, got kids like me (I have been looking to meet a woman with kids that can appreciate a tough schedule and life outside dating) and a freakin' doctor. I got pics and a real name tonight. I GOT THE BUTTERFLIES!

So now onto setting up a date and not trying to screw this up. After seeing the pics I may or may not have made the mistake of saying I wanted to "woo" her. Oops. Hopefully my smooth side can recover from my dork idiot side's momentary appearance and keep this going. Wish me luck.

For all the dudes struggling on Tinder and Bumble....it works in waves! You will go dry for what seems like forever. Change your pics! It works! Get them vetted by friends or sources on the web and get out there again!!!

• Like 1

Great post! Good to see some positivity here :)

By the way, dorks are extremely attractive!

Good luck with meeting in person!

CautiouslyOptimistic

Just be careful not to love bomb.....you sound very excited and already told her you want to woo her, so.....take it easy! :)

• Like 4
Just be careful not to love bomb.....you sound very excited and already told her you want to woo her, so.....take it easy! :)

Haha, good call. :laugh:

Personally, I’d find it very sweet if a man said he wanted to woo me. Be authentic. That’s the best thing you can do!

There’s a lot missing today in terms of that real excitement and sweet gestures that have been overrun by suspicion, self-preservation and cold hearted-ness... people are too scared to come across as this or that or to actually be REAL and VULNERABLE!

(note: sometimes jaded people will not be fully receptive to a promising story)

You do you! You sound great :)

• Like 2
  • Author

Doing my best not to sound needy or desperate. I'm at a point in life where I'm neither, but I do really really want to meet and impress the hell out of her and that's tough for me to keep under wraps. The "woo" just slipped. I'm good. Really. I do have to tell myself "easy tiger" before every response, but so far, so good, I think. Who knows. Tomorrow night's the first phone call.