Second date

lonerider

Hi

I have a second date with the same lady tomorrow and taking her to the movies. Shall I go a step further by giving her a yellow rose or a box of chocolates? She likes me that much that she is taking me out on my birthday 1st feb and I'm taking her out on her birthday which is valentines day☺

Save the gifts and flowers til Valentines day.....she will appreciate it more.

Gifts and what not is over kill for a second date.

• Like 3

I think a rose would be a very nice gesture! I would be very happy and impressed if someone did that for me.

Actually, the last guy I dated brought me a red rose on our second date, and it made a huge impression on me.

Acts of kindness and generosity are lovely things.

• Like 4
Save the gifts and flowers til Valentines day.....she will appreciate it more.

Gifts and what not is over kill for a second date.

I agree about big gifts. I think the chocolate is a bit much. But I like the idea of one rose. It's not over the top, and it will make her feel special. ;)

• Like 2

I say it depends on culture and age. The youngsters on here see it as a red flag. Us oldtimers find this acceptable receiving flowers. When I was dating I usually got a nice bouquet on the first date.

You know her better than us...go with whatever you think is appropriate.

Make sure the rose has one of those stem reservoirs to keep it fresh and a place for her to leave it. She isn't going to want to be carrying it around with her.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1

If you are trying to be courtly / romantic a flower would be nice but not a rose for the 2nd date. It's too much. Get a different flower. Or you can skip it altogether in favor of waiting a month 'til valentines' day when you know each other better.

• Author

Thank you everyone for your kind advice. I was thinking of a single yellow rose as it implies friendship and hopefully not being to romantic at an early stage☺

• Like 3
Thank you everyone for your kind advice. I was thinking of a single yellow rose as it implies friendship and hopefully not being to romantic at an early stage☺

I think it's perfect.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Yes, this is nice. But ixnay on the chocolates until Valentine's Day.

Have fun!

P.S. The last man I dated for a while (10 months) brought me flowers on our first date. I liked it.

• Like 1

I had actually forgotten this, but my ex husband send flowers to my office after our first date and brought me a bouquet on our second. I remember that I really liked it, although many might consider that a bit much.

• Like 1
Shall I go a step further by giving her a yellow rose or a box of chocolates?

Sure, why not? Maybe her chaperone can hold them while you two drink out of the same milkshake glass with two straws.

• Like 1
mortensorchid

Those are nice gestures to make to someone, but I would save them for V Day as it's coming up and that would be a more appropriate gift to give someone for that occasion. It might be a little overwhelming for some people to get flowers on a second date as well.

• Author

Well I had second date and gave her pink roses. She loved them. During the movies we held hands through out. We then went to my place for a coffee. Before she left we had a kiss. When she got home she sent me a text saying how lovely the date was along with more texts today with kisses. Looks like she is taking me out on my birthday in 10 days time.

• Like 4
Nicely escalated.

Asking someone back to your place is code for let's go someplace where we can be more physical. I don't think a woman of any experience would go back to your place if she wasn't open to you making a move.

OP underplayed his hand here. I think I would have at least started some necking back at my place. But he kissed her and has another date on the calendar! That's excellent. My guess is she was endeared by it. Not making more of a move tells her he is likely that not that experienced and is trying to take it slow. Maybe a welcome relief from all the pawsy dates she's had in the past.

Slow is good. Just don't take it too slow. Kiss her during the third date when appropriate. Don't wait until the end. That will communicate more desire than waiting to the end for a formal kiss.