What to do with "romantically challenged" guy?

honeybunch2k5

honeybunch2k5

Is there anyway I can change my bf's annoying habits, and are all men like this?

What I do not like the most is how he checks out other women. I can stand glances, but there have been times eyes bug out of his head. That wouldn't be so bad if he'd take the time and tell me I looked nice. It's not a great feeling when I wear sexy clothes and other guys compliment me, but all he can say is "What you got a hot date tonite?"

He's kind of cheap w/ me. He buys his friends DVD's and gives them money, but has yet to take me out somewhere remotely nice to eat even after he said he would.

He's getting lazy with the affection. We haven't been together long (going on 5 months)but at first he would hold my hand and everything. That's completely gone. He's not as affectionate as I am. He gives hugs, but I have to practically beg for just a peck on the lips.

He's insensitive, even after sex. One night he really made me mad. I put out, and he wasn't even considerate enough to make me a measly sandwich while he was making a few for himself. I can't stand it when he does little things like that.

I don't know if he's like that b/c he doesn't have too much experience w/ women or if he's just not that interested in me.

in my expirience and friends expirience guys do tend to back off alittle with the mushy stuff when the relationship progresses. i guess they figure once they got you they dont have to impress you anymore, but in ur guy's case he sounds like a major a**h***. he goes beyond backing off the mushy stuff. if you have already talked to him and he wont listen dump his a$$. you deserve waaaay better

jen_jen_heartbroken

Get out before you invest any more time with this guy. "Romantically challenged" men are usually "commitment challenged" as well.

If hes like this in 5 months it will continue to get worse :confused: the first 6 mos are supposed to be the "honeymoon" phase, and it doesnt sound like youre much on any where nice right now.

Originally posted by honeybunch2k5

Is there anyway I can change my bf's annoying habits, and are all men like this?

What I do not like the most is how he checks out other women. I can stand glances, but there have been times eyes bug out of his head. That wouldn't be so bad if he'd take the time and tell me I looked nice. It's not a great feeling when I wear sexy clothes and other guys compliment me, but all he can say is "What you got a hot date tonite?"

He's kind of cheap w/ me. He buys his friends DVD's and gives them money, but has yet to take me out somewhere remotely nice to eat even after he said he would.

He's getting lazy with the affection. We haven't been together long (going on 5 months)but at first he would hold my hand and everything. That's completely gone. He's not as affectionate as I am. He gives hugs, but I have to practically beg for just a peck on the lips.

He's insensitive, even after sex. One night he really made me mad. I put out, and he wasn't even considerate enough to make me a measly sandwich while he was making a few for himself. I can't stand it when he does little things like that.

I don't know if he's like that b/c he doesn't have too much experience w/ women or if he's just not that interested in me.

you may not be able to stop him from looking, but maybe you should tell him that it makes you uncomfortable.

hold him to his words on taking you out somewhere.

some people are just not as affectionate as others. not just men, but women also. this is something that you have to deal with or move on. you can talk to him but if he does not change, it may be just that he is either not comfortable with touch or that that kind of stuff just doesn't occur to him as often as it does to you.

did you ask for a sandwich? if so then he is an ass. if not then maybe you need to say something like. "you know it would be nice if you asked me if i wanted a sandwich."

he may be interested, but just on a different wavelength as you are. try communicating irritating behavior. if you do and he makes no attempt to make small changes that make you feel a bit more comfortable, then you may have a problem. if you do not, and you expect him to read your mind, then you are reinforcing the way he treats you...

It's time for a wake up call. He is taking you for granted and he needs to realize that you have needs and they are not being met. Sometimes guys just get in a romantic slump and they need to be reminded of the importance of being together. It may be deliberate or it may not. Just remind him that you have needs that he needs to address.

As far as the ogling of women it is a guy thing. Almost all guys do this but if he is doing it to the point that he is disrespecting you then you need to remind him that " hey, I am you SO and it is disrespectful for you to ogle these women in my presence". If he doesn't get the hint than he is a pig and he doesn't deserve you.

Peace...

I wouldn't call this "romantically challenged", but really, just plain rude, with a twist in that he's ruder to you than others. I'm sure you can do better. Begging for affection and considerate treatment really sux. :mad:

BTW, when you and your SO exchange physical affection, it ought not to be considered "putting out".

And if he is too lazy to make a sandwich for you WHILE he is making one for himself....then that IS a clear sign that this guy is not a keeper.

Atleast _I_ made the first sandwich for my stbxw...cut in half with all the specifics on it and gave it to her before I made mine...though she wants the break because I didn't pay her any "attention".

Also, some men are retards (raises hand). Some just need a simple reminder after some time that you still like "the chase". He probably has lulled into that comfort factor even though that really shouldn't occur until a year or so.