A guy said he is not sure if he wants anything too serious

lily999

I was casually seeing a guy for 3 times. On our third meeting, he said something that confused me, such as if I would go back to my ex, if I would go back to my home country, etc.

Yesterday we had a text conversation, he said "I am not sure if I want anything too serious, but we can be good friends for sure"

I thought I got rejected, so I wished him well and said goodbye.

I am wondering if he wasn't sure about me or he was just not into me?

I was casually seeing a guy for 3 times. On our third meeting, he said something that confused me, such as if I would go back to my ex, if I would go back to my home country, etc.

Yesterday we had a text conversation, he said "I am not sure if I want anything too serious, but we can be good friends for sure"

I thought I got rejected, so I wished him well and said goodbye.

I am wondering if he wasn't sure about me or he was just not into me?

And how did you respond to those questions?

In any event, it appears he doesn't want to date. You've been friend-zoned.

• Like 4
  • Author
And how did you respond to those questions?

In any event, it appears he doesn't want to date. You've been friend-zoned.

I told him that I would not go back to my ex. But I didn't give him a clear answer if I will go back to my home country. I think he is looking for a FWB, and not sure if he wants a girlfriend. Or he doesn't want a relationship with me

I can't tell if he's interested or not, but he may not want to invest in a serious relationship if you may move away. I know I wouldn't get serious in that case, as there is too high a chance of getting hurt.

• Like 1
I told him that I would not go back to my ex. But I didn't give him a clear answer if I will go back to my home country. I think he is looking for a FWB, and not sure if he wants a girlfriend. Or he doesn't want a relationship with me

I am curious why he was even asking about your ex to begin with. Did you recently break up with him or something?

• Author
I am curious why he was even asking about your ex to begin with. Did you recently break up with him or something?

Yes I told him that i just broke up

• Author
I can't tell if he's interested or not, but he may not want to invest in a serious relationship if you may move away. I know I wouldn't get serious in that case, as there is too high a chance of getting hurt.

This could be one of the reasons. Also he might not be that interested

It may be true that he doesn't want anything serious. He may be trying to protect himself from getting hurt if you turn out to be rebounding into him or you move away.

Either way, if you want serious, you need to at least take him at his word that you are not the girl for him.

• Like 3
  • Author

He also mentioned that his birthday is at the end of this month. Maybe he wanted to see my reaction...I don't know

He sent me so many mixed signals

He said he wants to be friends. Generally that is just something people say, but don't mean. It's designed to soften the blow of a break up. If he does reach out & demonstrate a true desire to continue interacting, see where it goes but guard your heart. At the end of the month, if you have been in touch, wish him happy birthday. If you never hear from him again, which is what I expect will be the case, simply move on.

You saw each other 3 times...that's no investment so why be so invested in as to why he doesn't want a relationship, am I right? You have better things to do like date other men. So get out of here and get on with your life. :)

Boomerang3378

When guys say that they do not want anything too serious it usually means they want a FWB relationship. He has some other girl on the side most definitely and is trying how things work out with her. And you are a back-up plan.

Do not feel bad as girls do this to guys as well.

• Like 1