Paint class as a second date?

jimbo

I met with a woman, mid-30s, a few days ago and it seemed we hit it off with a few long kisses at the EOTD. When I got home, I texted her to make sure she got home okay (snow), and to say I had a great time and looking forward in seeing her again soon. She immediately replied and sad me too!.

I was thinking outside of the box and saw a few paint on canvas classes in her area. I was going to suggest I pick her up on Saturday and we go for painting and get a bite to eat. I am trying to be different, and I did it with some friends a few years ago. It was pretty fun. They give you an apron so you do not get dirty. You can also bring a bottle of wine as well.

Whatcha think?

• Like 4

Yes, good idea. That's very creative :-)

When I was much younger, a guy invited me to a "wax date". He showed me how to do it (wax his car), how I am to go in a circular motion, then he sat back in a lounge chair and drank beer and watched me.

• Like 3
todreaminblue
Yes, good idea. That's very creative :-)

When I was much younger, a guy invited me to a "wax date". He showed me how to do it (wax his car), how I am to go in a circular motion, then he sat back in a lounge chair and drank beer and watched me.

lol....wax on circle right....wax off...circle left.....smilin.....deb

CautiouslyOptimistic

Yes, great idea! I've done this numerous times, including on a date, and it's so much fun :). Great opportunity to talk, touch (since you're seated side by side), see how she interacts with others, etc.

• Like 3
I met with a woman, mid-30s, a few days ago and it seemed we hit it off with a few long kisses at the EOTD. When I got home, I texted her to make sure she got home okay (snow), and to say I had a great time and looking forward in seeing her again soon. She immediately replied and sad me too!.

I was thinking outside of the box and saw a few paint on canvas classes in her area. I was going to suggest I pick her up on Saturday and we go for painting and get a bite to eat. I am trying to be different, and I did it with some friends a few years ago. It was pretty fun. They give you an apron so you do not get dirty. You can also bring a bottle of wine as well.

Whatcha think?

Did this with my ex-wife when we started dating! It was a HIT! Go for it! So much fun!

I absolutely love this idea, and I think she will too.

It shows that you went to real effort to take her to do something fun, different, and interesting. It will give you the opportunity to get to know each other over wine while painting...FUN!

This is incredibly thoughtful and sweet. If a man did this for me, I'd be so very excited and impressed.

• Like 1
  • Author

Hmm, so here's how it went. Called, and she picked up. We talked for a few minutes about the holiday and weekend. She was giggling and seemed happy. I said I'd like to take you out Saturday. She said, she's free. I said how's your artistic ability? She said, not good (laughing). Why? I said thought it would be cool for us to take a painting class. She giggled again, seemed okay. I said, where it was, and it seemed we both said almost at the same time, it's better to take one car and pick her up. I said we'd go and get something to eat, just text me your address. She said cool. We chatted for a bit more, then I said goodnight. The whole conversation was maybe 10 minutes or so. Stupid me, I forgot to tell her the time I'd be there. So I sent a quick text about an hour later saying Looking forward in seeing you Saturday at 7:30pm. Shoot me your address when you get a chance.

No response. She usually texts back in a few minutes. I guess I could be over thinking it or she doesn't want to send me her address too fast. Not sure. I've been going over in my head if I said something wrong, but cannot think of it.

Ideas?

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. Just send another text tomorrow, something irrelevant and if she doesn't hit before tomorrow evening, delete.

jimbo,

I'm saying this kindly - girls giggle, women don't.

She's starting to sound a bit immature and flaky to me.

Maybe you want to re-think this ?

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. Just send another text tomorrow, something irrelevant and if she doesn't hit before tomorrow evening, delete.

Interestingly enough, I tried that with another woman a few weeks ago as she didn't respond to my text for a second date. Her response was she's not ready for to date again. This one seemed different as we had a make out session after the end of the first date and she already agreed for Saturday night and told me to pick her up at her place. Sending another text prob. not a good idea. Looks bad.

Prob. just over thinking it. I guess just let the chips fall where they may and go from there.

I wouldn't ask for her address until the day of. Maybe she doesn't want you to show up before the date. She has no idea how potentially crazy you may be. It happens. Don't take it personal and just go have a great date.

You are a very good guy. Not many men go to that sort of effort. It's kind, endearing, and courteous...not to mention fun. I don't know what is up with this girl. I want you to know, however, that you are a catch. Please don't think that her lack of response means that you did anything wrong: you did everything right. Most women--including myself--would appreciate this very much. Regardless of what happens with her, please keep being your wonderful self.

• Like 3