Am I in rebound territory?

Kholland64

Met a lovely guy recently from an online dating site. We get on great and have seen each other 3 times in the last week. We have only kissed on cheek goodbye. However, we've had two work lunch dates (goodbyes outside my office) after our first real date so not really an opportunity for anything.

Anyway, it came up in conversation today that his ex moved out of his flat in October... which isn't all that long ago. Now I'm concerned that I could be in dangerous dating territory (the rebound?). 3 months single doesn't seem that long to me. Wondering whether to stop things progressing or whether I'm being overly cautious.

Happy Lemming

Here is my take...

Just go have fun. Don't worry if you are in "rebound" territory or not.

It sounds like you enjoy this gentleman's company. You referred to him as "lovely", he is not being overly aggressive with you and respects the professionalism of your work place by not displaying public affection in front of your co-workers.

His ex doesn't live with him, she is GONE!!

Is he bringing her up a lot or was it just some casual statement about his living arrangements??

Cookiesandough

You can’t live your life in fear that way. Maybe he broke up with her or maybe the both decided it would be for the best. Take it slow and get to know him and you’ll see more red flags pop up(or not) then bail.

As long as you don't rush, take things slow, that's fine. For now, have fun with dating. Should any red flags come up, go away.

• Like 1

kholland64,

It would depend a great deal on how long they were living together and why they broke up.

However, I would still tread warily.

You don't want to be someone who helps this guy transition from being a couple to being single, only to get dumped when you are no longer any use as a therapist/advisor/confidante.

hurtsbadjusthurts

As some who's relationship has recently ended. I would say be careful. I would love to meet someone right now. But true be told the main attraction would be the distraction of someone else. There is a void that's left when someone gone and as much it would be nice to fill it. It would be wrong to just use a person for your own selfish reasons.

That's my take.

Yours situation may very well be different, as others have said. Just be honest about your concerns. He could well be in a great place and to top it off, just met a great women :-) Fingers crossed.

• Like 1