Girl who works at my gym

real35

There is a very attractive girl that works at my gym. She is gorgeous and I think she might be interested in me. I catch her checking me out from time to time and I hope that doesn't sound too egotistical. Anyway I really would like to talk to her and maybe ask her out but I'm worried she might have a boyfriend or something. If she does I'm afraid that would make things awkward between us when I see her at the gym. You know "there's the guy that tried to pick me up."

Would do you think I should? Should I take the risk?

Yes. As an old man (55!:cool:) looking back, I regret things I didn't do when I had the opportunity a LOT more than anything I ever did.

• Like 3
There is a very attractive girl that works at my gym. She is gorgeous and I think she might be interested in me. I catch her checking me out from time to time and I hope that doesn't sound too egotistical. Anyway I really would like to talk to her and maybe ask her out but I'm worried she might have a boyfriend or something. If she does I'm afraid that would make things awkward between us when I see her at the gym. You know "there's the guy that tried to pick me up."

Would do you think I should? Should I take the risk?

Simply engage in conversation, and you will find out very quickly if she is interested or even available. All the non-verbal stuff means nothing unless you talk to her. Just talking to somebody is not a crime.

• Like 3

You said she works at the gym. In what capacity?

If she's a PT or class instructor, join the class and get to know a little bit more about her that way.

If she's a PT or class instructor, join the class and get to know a little bit more about her that way.

how about just chatting her up for 15 minutes and then asking her out?

• Like 1
BarbedFenceRider

TJ here- CF your avatar is awesome.

I say go and introduce yourself properly. Find out what she is all about. Be casual. The way I see it, gyms are notorious for out of context advances. So you may get your answer right away...But if your cool about it, no probs. As they say in the military..."Carry on".

• Like 1

Why do guys think it's awkward when they are rejected? That girl dismisses it and goes on with her life and doesn't think about it again. It's business as usual.

• Like 1
Why do guys think it's awkward when they are rejected?

because they are putting all their eggs in one basket. they need to spread their eggs out over many baskets...

I've found that making friends with the front desk staff has been immensely beneficial when it comes to finding out basic info on gym members.

Case in point:

There was a guy who caught my eye on the Smith Machine. He was in great shape and didn't skip leg day. haha

Our eyes met briefly a couple of times. I'm also in great shape and I work hard at it, and I have gotten sincere compliments on my physique from guys, so I didn't read anything into a couple of glances.

I asked a friend behind the front desk about hot older guy and found out he's married.

That ended everything on my end. Glances, interest, everything. I have no idea if he even goes there anymore because I don't look for him.

MaleIntuition
Why do guys think it's awkward when they are rejected? That girl dismisses it and goes on with her life and doesn't think about it again. It's business as usual.

Awkward is mostly an excuse we tell ourselves. The real problem is likely fear of rejection. If you are rejected by someone whom you have to see every now and then, seeing that person will remind us about the rejection.

Let’s flip it around. Why do so few girls ask guys out? Same reason: Fear of rejection - although most will probably excuse their own fear by pseudo logic such as “men like the chase”.

• Author

She works at the front desk. That's all I know really.

Cookiesandough

I'd bet she has many "There's the guy who tried to pick me up" if she's an attractive woman who works at a gym. Just ask her out. It's completely socially acceptable for men to ask women out. She'll either be into the idea or she won't.

• Like 1
She works at the front desk. That's all I know really.

Before you ask anyone out you got to make sure she's not living with or dating with anyone. To do this is very simple.

You would say hey I just my apartment remodel, and was just wondering have you ever remodeled your apartment? With this question your trying to see if she's on her own her living with someone other than the parents. Next if the answer is a positive one then you would go as saying what time do you get off? if she tells you the time then you would say this: I was thinking to go down to the seashore (or some place cool you like) See if you wants to go hand out with you. If she was dating someone she would tell you right away. So you got to make sure she's free as a bird then o for it. Good luck!

It's completely socially acceptable for men to ask women out.

I don't know about that anymore in the post-Weinstein era. You might have a lawsuit filed against you or at minimum a slapped face :laugh:

• Like 1