Do you delete a date site contact later ?

Chilli

Can't believe l'm asking dumb questions like this on LS , think l must be 18 again but , just wondering what your suppose to do with them.

You know if your talking to someone and it's a dud, do you just leave them there in your contacts or delete them.?

On mine for a start, if you leave them in your contacts they get a pop up whenever your online and you get one when they're on.

So they can still sort of follow you around on the site or see little things, get's annoying.

So l usually delete them of it's a dud.

But then l got to thinking , well one , it's not nice when you log on and see someone deleted you but two , maybe people usually keep their contacts going , l dunno , stay sorta friends at least or say hello now and then or something .

Don't know what the go is ?

I have never chatted on the date site. Chatting is not really my thing and I turn all those things off. We either send messages thru the site, which look more like emails, or we go right to texting on our phones. So there's no constant reminder after they are gone.

• Like 2
Frostedflake

If it wasn't worth it to keep the conversation going, delete it.

Starting a cold conversation back up is just awkward and says for the both of you, "Still haven't found my match.. kill some time with me so I don't feel like I total failure at this."

Clear the space for new connections.

• Like 1

I usually just delete. Mainly because I don't like opening my messages and feeling overwhelemed by the sheer numbers. I only keep the messages around of people that I'm regularly talking to of those that I've met and it went well.

If I meet someone and I don't think it went well I'll delete them. If someone doesn't respond for about a week, I'll delete them. It's all a mater of keeping these guys organized on my phone screen before a make a (hopefully) good choice.

• Like 1
I usually just delete. Mainly because I don't like opening my messages and feeling overwhelemed by the sheer numbers. I only keep the messages around of people that I'm regularly talking to of those that I've met and it went well.

If I meet someone and I don't think it went well I'll delete them. If someone doesn't respond for about a week, I'll delete them. It's all a mater of keeping these guys organized on my phone screen before a make a (hopefully) good choice.

Women, as evident by the quoted, have a significant advantage on OLD.

I think they often don't delete as you are just pushed to the bottom of the waves and waves of guys who message them.

If my connections go no where, I block/delete them. Don't need a reminder of rejection.

• Like 1
  • Author

Ahhu.

Thanks for that people.

Haven't been using the site for a few wks because of spending some time with someone. But l logged on the other night just to check emails and deleted everyone while l was there, always feel guilty doing that.

But l guess we can conclude here that it's the best thing then eh , just zap'em.

Pretty ruthless business the old date siting isn't it :(.

Cookiesandough

I know what you mean.There is a hide option on some of them. Are usually mean to and forget unless I think the person is going to be a problem if you know what I mean. If they’re making you uncomfortable or you just don’t like seeing them I don’t see why you should keep them on there. I think it’s perfectly acceptable to delete them

• Like 1