I always screw up

sankis88

I met a girl in the holidays. We drank and danced. She asked for my facebook but we didn't have internet connections available. We got drunk too. The next day I added her at night and she accepted it in the next morning. I was busy and I couldn't text her. 1 day passed and I wrote to her. We started chatting and after like 5 or 6 messages she started to reply with short messages. I asked her "Does she watch Game of Thrones" and then she replied with "No" again. I got angry and I typed "Sad". She didn't replied. I don't know why I wrote it, but I couldn't get my text back...

What should I do now?

Maybe it was fun for her while she was drunk. Now that she has sobered up, she's not really into you and doesn't want to further communication.

Don't text again. It doesn't sound like she is interested.

• Like 1
I met a girl in the holidays. We drank and danced. She asked for my facebook but we didn't have internet connections available. We got drunk too. The next day I added her at night and she accepted it in the next morning. I was busy and I couldn't text her. 1 day passed and I wrote to her. We started chatting and after like 5 or 6 messages she started to reply with short messages. I asked her "Does she watch Game of Thrones" and then she replied with "No" again. I got angry and I typed "Sad". She didn't replied. I don't know why I wrote it, but I couldn't get my text back...

What should I do now?

How old are you? You seem young, you should have asked her when she’s free to get together within 2/3 messages, small chit chat bores most girls. You should have been assertive.

She could also not be interested. You were probably just a guy she talked to over ge holidays. It doesn’t mean she wanted to date you. Message her one last time and ask when she’s free

• Like 2

Work on not allowing your emotions or thought processes to mess up what/who it is you're going after.

I'm failing to see how not watching GOT causes someone to get angry to the point where they send messages they later regret sending.

• Like 2

Are you kidding?

You got angry because she doesn't watch a show you like?

If you like the lady, pick up the phone & talk to her. Ask her to go get another drink with you.

All the back & forth in the world does not make a relationship. It doesn't even allow you to get to know someone. You have to spend time together so until you are ready to see her in person there is nothing here.

• Like 1
  • Author

I'm 20 years old. I left the school 2 years ago. I wasn't that popular guy, but I made some connections. I got angry because when I asked her some simple questions I got "yes, no, no, yes, no" and I got pissed off. Now I wondering if I should do anything to recover it or not.

Edit: It was my last question for her and now if I read back the texts it's sounds so bad.

Edited by sankis88
I'm 20 years old. I left the school 2 years ago. I wasn't that popular guy, but I made some connections. I got angry because when I asked her some simple questions I got "yes, no, no, yes, no" and I got pissed off. Now I wondering if I should do anything to recover it or not.

Edit: It was my last question for her and now if I read back the texts it's sounds so bad.

Always take yes no yes no answers as a sign that she has zero interest in talking to you.

• Like 2

Not everybody wants to have a conversation via text. I HATE typing on my phone. Try calling her & arranging to get together. If that doesn't work, then you know she has no interest & you can fully write her off.

I called her. I told her "I'm sorry about the last texts" and she sayd "It's okay, thanks for calling, bye".

Why are you apologising? Your behaviour screams weak beta male. Never speak to this girl again and work ok yourself. You need to learn how to act like a real alpha male guy who knows how to date.

I'm 20 years old. I left the school 2 years ago. I wasn't that popular guy, but I made some connections. I got angry because when I asked her some simple questions I got "yes, no, no, yes, no" and I got pissed off.

I'm still not getting why you were pissed off by her one word answers. Were you asking "yes/no" type of questions? I mean, "do you want to watch GOT with me?" is a "yes/no" question, so what's with the anger?

If she was rushing you off the phone before you even had a chance to ask her to meet, she's not interested. Sorry.

But be really proud of yourself for going after what you wanted (a date with her) in a mature, straightforward way (by calling).

It's her loss. Next!

• Like 4

I think the alcohol made her interested that night, now that she's sober......mmmmm not so much. That conversation fell flat because you became dou&*^%...cut your losses and move on.

• Like 1
Interstellar

I would’ve called the police on her for not watching Game of Thrones. That’s serious business there. People could die.

• Like 5

None of us can work out how you "screwed up"... because you didn't. To her the drunk dancing was a bit of fun, but it was what it was and she's not interested now. That is in no way your fault, there is nothing you could have done better.

Unfortunately you're seeing this as a reflection on yourself. Don't. There are plenty of other girls out there, and if they're interested enough they'll be considerate of differences in (say) TV preferences. Stress less and get back out there!

• Like 2
PrincessWarrior1
I would’ve called the police on her for not watching Game of Thrones. That’s serious business there. People could die.

Lol....lol....

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

You might not have screwed anything up if she wasn't that interested to begin with, OP. So while the angry reply to her telling you she doesn't watch GoT didn't help matters, I don't get the sense she was looking to chat more to you anyway.

You win some, you lose some. Trying to spark a connection with someone you meet on a random, drunken night out is a risky proposition because you don't really know what type of person they will be when the buzz fades and the sun rises in the morning.

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

How do you know you did anything to mess up and she just wasn't interested? She was giving terse replies. That's usually a sign of disinterest. Try not to take it too personally

• Like 1

Just for the future too... if you are interested in a girl and get her number don't be having a conversation with her over text. Call her, ask her out, and save all of the questions for the date.

This girl simply doesn't seem interested, so I would say on to the next!

newyorker11356
Just for the future too... if you are interested in a girl and get her number don't be having a conversation with her over text. Call her, ask her out, and save all of the questions for the date.

This girl simply doesn't seem interested, so I would say on to the next!

Eh, most people text nowadays. That's not really a big deal anymore.

Also, I highly doubt it'd have made a difference if he called. She's not interested. More likely, she would have let the call go to voicemail, and then probably either blocked him afterwards.

Eh, most people text nowadays. That's not really a big deal anymore.

Also, I highly doubt it'd have made a difference if he called. She's not interested. More likely, she would have let the call go to voicemail, and then probably either blocked him afterwards.

Like I said... I was speaking just for future reference. I agree with you this girl just wasn't interested, and what he did wouldn't have made a difference!

Versacehottie
Like I said... I was speaking just for future reference. I agree with you this girl just wasn't interested, and what he did wouldn't have made a difference!

Well I agree that she probably wasn't that interested after sobering up. Therefore, he couldn't have 'enticed' some interest. However, he certainly could F*ck things up with an interested girl. If some guy and I were texting and he went emo on me because of something so minor and in course of just getting to know me, I'd be done. She probably wasn't interested true but OP can't do whatever he wants and expect good results. OP can only change himself and managing his emotions and impulse control would do him some good.

I wouldn't say you screwed up, just seems beyond the drunk dancing, she wasn't very interested in pursuing further. The way she took the phone call is a big give away that it's time to move on. Don't be hard on yourself, it happens.

I wouldn't say you screwed up, just seems beyond the drunk dancing, she wasn't very interested in pursuing further. The way she took the phone call is a big give away that it's time to move on. Don't be hard on yourself, it happens.

This. I don't see why he did that badly, the reality is texting is very much the norm so giving him a hard time for not just calling isn't quite on track I don't think. It likely wouldn't have made much difference. You could play alpha push pull with her but ultimately she sounds like a party girl that's had her fill of attention and is skipping onwards. That's not a serious prospect.

And one word answers are a little off and rude. A lot of the time if shows dis interest but I also think a girl sometimes say on OLD might reply with brief short answers, well why even bother. It's not an entirely closed question, she coulda said no I never got into it but watch X, do you? She's not interested, don't beat yourself up though dude.