LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Two good dates, no response for third date request, now what

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2018, 11:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by avoforastig View Post
you think suggesting another day/time would be better? I mean it would be customary to suggest an alternate date if you are unavailable, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseult View Post
Where in the hell did you get from his post that he thinks you need to suggest another day!?
I'm confused by your comment since that is exactly what he asked.
Spractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:02 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spractor View Post
I'm confused by your comment since that is exactly what he asked.
looking back at our texts, she hasn't been the best texter

I see no harm is proposing another date. If she wants to go she will, if not, quicker to move on!
avoforastig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:06 AM   #18
Established Member

Ok I read your other post. Is it possible, that suggesting something that's HER thing, is trying too hard when you've only been out twice?
Maggie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:07 AM   #19

Quote:
looking back at our texts, she hasn't been the best texter

I see no harm is proposing another date. If she wants to go she will, if not, quicker to move on!
Yeah, propose a date idea to her tomorrow late afternoon, which would be perfect since how many people actually plan this ahead for weekend plans. I would start by asking her how her week has been. Good luck!!
Spractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 2:21 AM   #20

The problem with dating in today's world of instant text gratification is that people cannot be patient. Then, you throw in online dating profiles where men and women can juggle up to 10, 15, 20, 30 possibilities at a time. It's no wonder that there is any commitment level going on in today's world. I am 52 years old and frankly, you couldn't pay me to post another online profile anywhere. I got caught up in all this rubbish of "what does it mean when he texts this?" "If he doesn't text back right away, does it mean he isn't interested?" Good god Lemon! Dating is turning into a whole new level of neurosis and anxiety ridden disorders. And, those friggin emojis??? What does it mean if he sends the blowing kiss with a wink versus the kiss without a wink? People are having severe angst over a stupid emoji!
My advice to you avoforastig - just pick up the phone and call her. Ask her out to a movie, dinner, theater, music festival...whatever. If she says no, move on and if she says yes, then tell her you will follow up with details on the time, etc.
ZoeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 2:54 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeGirl View Post
The problem with dating in today's world of instant text gratification is that people cannot be patient. Then, you throw in online dating profiles where men and women can juggle up to 10, 15, 20, 30 possibilities at a time. It's no wonder that there is any commitment level going on in today's world. I am 52 years old and frankly, you couldn't pay me to post another online profile anywhere. I got caught up in all this rubbish of "what does it mean when he texts this?" "If he doesn't text back right away, does it mean he isn't interested?" Good god Lemon! Dating is turning into a whole new level of neurosis and anxiety ridden disorders. And, those friggin emojis??? What does it mean if he sends the blowing kiss with a wink versus the kiss without a wink? People are having severe angst over a stupid emoji!
My advice to you avoforastig - just pick up the phone and call her. Ask her out to a movie, dinner, theater, music festival...whatever. If she says no, move on and if she says yes, then tell her you will follow up with details on the time, etc.
Well said.

Iím 50 and even in 7th grade I had to have the courage to ask a girl, in person, to ďgo steadyĒ. I couldnít hide behind a text.

FYI, it only lasted two days once her parents found out. Haha But guess what, even in 7th grade she told me the bad news...over the phone.
bachdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 8:01 AM   #22
Established Member

I think she is no longer interested.
It happens.

I would move on and not contact her again.
heavenonearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 8:55 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmiller222 View Post
It's strange that she texted after the second date. It's been 24 hrs---so make other plans. Sorry!
This is very bad advice and without ANY thought.

Its ONLY been 24 hours. Given an average human need 8 hours sleep, and has working hours in their life.

I dsay leave the ball in her court. She`ll get back in touch if shes interested.
Gaeta and ZoeGirl like this.
Zippy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 8:58 AM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeGirl View Post
Great advice! I also agree people want everything in one go. We`re just human. We make mistakes along the way nor do we always know what the other person wants.

Take a bit of time and dont give up too soon. She may be busy at work or have other commitments. If youre too pushy and needy. It can also drive the other person away.
Gaeta and ZoeGirl like this.
Zippy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:21 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:

I sent her another message just to see how her workday went, we had been texting daily so I thought I'd give this possible ghoster a last try.

Ugh was that a bad idea?
No it was not a bad idea. Technology fails it's not perfect and when things have been unfolding smoothly and you don't get a response from a text you don't start assuming anything you just reach out again and see for yourself.

Now you have done that, you know she isn't dead and she is not ignoring you.

From here let her get back to you. It sounds like she lost a bit of interest over the weekend, maybe she went on a date with someone else and it clicked, who knows. Bottom line is you had 2 dates only so the hunting season is still open for someone else to catch her. Keep an open mind, make dates with other women, she may come around or she may not.
Old 4th January 2018, 4:40 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy2000 View Post
This is very bad advice and without ANY thought.

Its ONLY been 24 hours. Given an average human need 8 hours sleep, and has working hours in their life.

I dsay leave the ball in her court. She`ll get back in touch if shes interested.

I couldnít disagree more. She said she had Pilates - fine, but why not suggest alternative date plans if she really liked him? If I liked a guy but had plans when he arranged a date, I would be tripping over myself to organise something else and hoping he doesnít think Iím being flaky.

She isnít interested anymore. Watch and see.
allez102 is offline   Reply With Quote