Question for the women. Guys can answer if you want

Curry30

I'm 25, almost 26.still live at home and it's because of 2 reasons mostly, 1: my mother is dying and I'm helping my father taking care of her. 2: I was born with severe epilepsy and it's almost killed my once or twice. I'm saving up the money When I can work, I'm also a actor with agent. I'm just wondering if any of this would be a deal breaker for a realationship or(a date) I've never had one. Been taking care of people my whole life

you sound like a very caring person. i'm sure many people would want a relationship with you. join groups of people who have things in common with your situation and you may find someone.

• Like 4

If you're attractive, none of that will matter. In fact, a woman who finds you attractive will swoon over you assisting in the care of your dying mother. It will move her. If you're unattractive she could care less about you or your mother. No indictment, just how the brutality of attraction works. Be attractive and don't be unattractive. Appearance and mannerisms and communication are your best foot forward in those ten seconds you have.

• Like 3
If you're attractive, none of that will matter. In fact, a woman who finds you attractive will swoon over you assisting in the care of your dying mother. It will move her. If you're unattractive she could care less about you or your mother. No indictment, just how the brutality of attraction works. Be attractive and don't be unattractive. Appearance and mannerisms and communication are your best foot forward in those ten seconds you have.

Even being attractive doesnt matter as much as confidence and personality.

• Like 1

There are a few people I know with life threatening seizure disorders. Living in a big city with lots of transportation options may be a more medium or long term goal. You are young enough to find a roommates situation in a bigger city, which will help until you build a larger social circle. For right now, I would just try to get some social opportunities when possible, and hang in there. I would second finding some sort of group with a common hobby, or even a support group, if you can manage it time-wise.

Lol. why do you say that is the only reason?

Because that working properly is the most important thing

Taking care of your mother is an honor and any good woman will know that :)

• Author
Because that working properly is the most important thing

Taking care of your mother is an honor and any good woman will know that :)

True. Hope to have better luck in the new year

You sound like a great catch for someone in due time. Girls like sweet, kind guys.

But for now spend all the time you can with your Mom. You only get one Mom; girls will always be there in the future.

newyorker11356
You sound like a great catch for someone in due time. Girls like sweet, kind guys.

But for now spend all the time you can with your Mom. You only get one Mom; girls will always be there in the future.

But why? If he's able to do both now, why not take care of his Mom, and date?

• Author

I see what you’re saying. It is rough. I’m not going out of my way to find someone. I live in the south and alot of females don’t like the acting thing down here and like preachers or cops/fireman/Military

Edited by Curry30

There are many women who will find you more attractive for taking care of your mom than less.

I think one of your main issues is probably how you are going to meet and date these women when you are probably somewhat limited in your freedom, between your responsibilities and limitations (driving) from epilepsy. Try to make a priority of having time for your social life as much as possible.

• Author
There are many women who will find you more attractive for taking care of your mom than less.

I think one of your main issues is probably how you are going to meet and date these women when you are probably somewhat limited in your freedom, between your responsibilities and limitations (driving) from epilepsy. Try to make a priority of having time for your social life as much as possible.

I’m not allowed to drive at all,yes that’s a problem. My dad is still around and I’m helping him as much as possible... but I try not to get overly stressed becuase that leads to a ton of seizures

OP, I've got a sexual attraction and power anecdote which might be right up your alley, bookending on my prior post and throwing your brain condition into the mix. I'd totally forgotten about it since it was so long ago but it marked a quantum change in my attitude about OW/MW and women in general....

Anyway, I was about 30 and had designs on this lovely young lady who managed the office for a customer and was getting to know her in my style of deliberate vetting of the time after getting burned by some MW's who lied to me.....anyway, I was over at her apartment, only recently learning she was on the carpet (sexual affair) with my customer, her employer, a married guy, but me being a dumb ass I still thought I had a chance, and that particular visit she had a seizure right in front of me. Collapsed and I thought she was in marked danger. I'd seen her have partial complex or minor seizures prior where she'd blank out but this was a major one. I knew she was a medicated epileptic.

So, I was on the floor with her, holding her head and trying to keep her from swallowing her tongue while she was thrashing about, along with trying to comfort her ten year old son and deciding whether or not to call 911 (I didn't). The seizure passed, she came to, was really out of it so I put her to bed and kept and eye on her for a few hours until things got better and she and her son appeared OK, then left. She was back to work the next day like nothing happened. She expressed no memory of the seizure or my even being there.

It was at that point I realized two things. One, I was hopelessly lost when it came to women and, two, wow the power that females have over males. Here she was sleeping with a married guy and had me chasing her and who knows how many other guys the same, all with epilepsy and a son. That's power. The power of being attractive. Be attractive and don't be unattractive.

It was after her that I swore off women completely for five years. Done.

If you work on being attractive all that other stuff won't matter at all, in my humble opinion. Seen it so much in life I can opine it with confidence.

• Like 1

Women are wary of men who still live at home when they don't have a particularly good reason for it. Ie they aren't ambitious enough to hold onto a real job, or they claim to live at home to save money but really just like their parents doing all their chores for them. The problem is ultimately when it's an indication of being a man-child who can't eventually care properly for the woman. A guy who really wants a second mom to mooch off of and not a partnership with a gf/wife. (Possible exception: living at home to save money for a SET amount of time and to achieve a specific goal Ie I'll move out in 6 months when I can afford to buy my own house. That can be okay.)

Taking care of a sick relative or having a medical condition of your own that makes you more comfortable not living alone seem like reasonable reasons for it that don't indicate immaturity on your part. Anyone who actually cares about you and is worth your time should not see it as a deal breaker.

I see what you’re saying. It is rough. I’m not going out of my way to find someone. I live in the south and alot of females don’t like the acting thing down here and like preachers or cops/fireman/Military

I'm in the south also and I don't see that being an issue for women your age. They'll be into a WORKING actor, not someone who just wants to be an actor, though. That may be tough to pull off in the south. What area is big enough for you to be a working actor in? ATL?

A dude I lived across from in college was/is* an actor. He was a theatre major and pulled major booty in college as he had modelesque looks. As an actor he was quite dramatic in real life also. I remember him coming to my room and mulling over, "but, RightOnDude, does she REALLY know the real me? Or just the idea of me???" ... deep stuff like that.

*You might have seen him in Prison Break or JFK or some indie films.

** PS you're a great man doing what you're doing. No woman worth a damn will flake on you for doing what you're doing. Keep it up young brother.

• Author
I'm in the south also and I don't see that being an issue for women your age. They'll be into a WORKING actor, not someone who just wants to be an actor, though. That may be tough to pull off in the south. What area is big enough for you to be a working actor in? ATL?

A dude I lived across from in college was/is* an actor. He was a theatre major and pulled major booty in college as he had modelesque looks. As an actor he was quite dramatic in real life also. I remember him coming to my room and mulling over, "but, RightOnDude, does she REALLY know the real me? Or just the idea of me???" ... deep stuff like that.

*You might have seen him in Prison Break or JFK or some indie films.

** PS you're a great man doing what you're doing. No woman worth a damn will flake on you for doing what you're doing. Keep it up young brother.

Nah I’m in NC, I FLY back and forth for big things when I have too. There are plenty of things that keep me busy (acting wise) around NC/SC though.