LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Need guidance with my situation :)


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2017, 8:20 PM   #61
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGuy2018 View Post
Hi all,

First time poster on these forums that clearly help a lot of people and I am pretty desperate for some advice because I’m so lost right now.

I have been single for 9 months and I meet this great girl out one night about 5-6 weeks ago. We hit it off straightaway and we have either spoke on the phone or texted everyday all day since...until the last couple of days.

This girl was moving a lot quicker than me with her feelings and she told me a few times and was quite obvious how much she liked me. I acknowledged her feelings, but I didn’t give a lot back. I thought my actions of going on a few dates and talking everyday showed that I was reciprocating, although a little slower.

I was hurt pretty badly in my last relationship with lies and judgement etc etc and this is he first girl I’ve liked since that relationship. This is the reason why I was taking it slow to make sure if I was going to jump in, that I was sure it was right thing to do. I was pretty much a closed book and although she tried to get me to open up, I just didn’t know how even though I wanted to. I didn’t show her a lot of affection, but I was getting to that point and she has taken that I am not that interested. I’ve made a few mistakes here I know.

Over the last couple of days I have told her how I feel about her as I thought she was getting quite frustrated. Although I have told her how I feel, she said it’s probably too late and that she has now shut down and finished it off with “I don’t think we are compatible”. I disagree and I don’t believe her when she says that because we are very compatible and I don’t believe her feelings can do a 180 so quickly.

I said to her that I have to accept her decision and I will try to leave her be in the hope that I would hear from her again in a few days. That hasn’t happened and I’m afraid that I won’t hear from her and I’ve left my run so to speak to late in reciprocating feelings. The thing that is hurting to is that if she hasn’t given me the opportunity to explain why I’ve been closed, she might understand me a little more. She said she’s been waiting from the start and now it’s too late.

For 3-4 straight days I’ve played so many situations and possible things I could say to her through my mind, should I contact her or just wait for her (if I hear from her at all)...just really lost on what to do?? A friend said to wait to see if she contacts me, another said if I like her what have I got to lose and fight for her. She has been checking my Instagram stories and she has been posting more than usual too, but unsure if this means anything either?

Any thoughts or advice would be most appreciated. I think the only thing we aren’t compatible in is the speed in which our feelings were moving and I can certainly understand why she got frustrated and it’s now at this point. I want to open up to her because I think it is something that can develop into something.

Look forward to hearing from you in guiding my through this

Cheers!!
Meh. Sounds like this girl has issues. You’ve only been dating for a few weeks. What does she want? for you to tell her how much you love her every five minutes? I would’ve turn it into humor and kid her around. I’d say something like “Okay honey, I’m gonna make a huge deposit in your love bank right now. Are you ready? then say I love you, I love you, I love you ( (at least 100 times to her).” I’d say it with a smile. Kinda like the way The Rock would. Then observe her reaction. But I’m pretty sure she’d grow more uptight and insecure. Because she is. Can you live with someone like her for the next forty years? you dodged a bullet here my friend, as far as I’m concerned. The reason you want to go after her is because she rejected you. It’s an aphrodisiac. But don’t.

It’s perfectly fine for you to go slow with her. You’re supposed to go slow with a woman.

She’s insecure and she has issues. I would never contact her again. It’s best to let this one go. Block her number, and her social media. If she contacts you tell her you have a date in the bathroom and that you can’t speak to her. Then block her.

Next time don’t let your interest level creep up in the high 80’s.
Mkn1010 likes this.

Last edited by Interstellar; 31st December 2017 at 8:25 PM..
Interstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 9:37 PM   #62
Established Member
 
salparadise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 4,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGuy2018 View Post
I think the situation is pretty much done. I got a text back saying she was down the beach with friends and what I wanted. I said no problems it can wait until you get home. Received a text to say she was home but not sure there was anything to talk about, so called and no answer, text when to say was a good time to call back. She again replied with “not sure what there is to talk about”, then she called when I was at dinner and went to answer and just missed the call by half a second. I called back and she didn’t answer, then I received a text saying “sorry I don’t think I can deal with this”.

I’ve left it at that and I think it’s pretty much done and I’ll leave the ball in her court now. I know she cares otherwise why let me know she was home and called me back? She is clearly hurt and I made some mistakes, but I don’t think I can keep pushing her now.
She's intentionally making it a lot more difficult than it needs to be or should be. What you should probably accept is that even if you were to get things going again, this is the way she is and any relationship would be more of the same.

She has some rigid expectations that you can't meet because you can't read minds, and even if you could who wants to dedicate their entire existence to placating a woman who is this difficult and determined to be unhappy.

In the beginning I think she wanted you to pursue with maximum diligence, but she made the mistake of showing her hand first, and when you weren't ready her pride was hurt. Now she's angry/resentful and is giving you just enough to get you to jump through hoops. She has turned antagonistic and cannot equilibrate and allow it to work.

I think you should just let her go (and I don't usually advise giving up easily). There's just not going to be any peace or satisfaction with this one.
Mkn1010 likes this.
salparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 11:40 PM   #63
Established Member
 
spiderowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,580
She doesn't seem to be very understanding. Once you kissed her, she effectively criticised by saying you'd waited long enough. It is possible for someone to be welcoming and encouraging but at the same time to appear critical. Maybe you were reticent for a reason. Maybe you didn't quite trust her. Maybe that was right.

If you do want a girl, you need to show her you care and are interested in her as a whole person. You should be able to take that at a comfortable pace. If you appear to be 'going through the motions' but your feelings do not match, then that might be why she gave up. She could have given up because she is an impulsive, impatient person. Is that the sort of person you would have felt comfortable with.

There does not seem to be any point in chasing her further. You have tried to contact her a few times and she has not picked up. She could try and contact you too. If she has given up or finds it too difficult for her, then forget her. It sounds like both of you have reached a point of discomfort and, for whatever reason, the starts are just not lining up for you.
__________________
"You ain't a beauty but hey, you're alright" ('Thunder Road', Bruce Springsteen)
spiderowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 11:58 PM   #64
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOne73 View Post
Exactly, she refused to talk properly about things via a phone call because she wasn't interested in pursuing this further. However, she was able to send a flimsy, half-hearted, generic NY text as a final farewell. She may genuinely wish you well and be sending you on your way, or as you say, she may be playing games now.

If it's the latter, you don't want someone who won't communicate like an adult, plays games and makes dating this complicated before you've even left the ground.

I think she isn't playing games and is done as she told you she "couldn't deal with this." Take her at her word.

Reply and simply wish her a happy New Year back then leave it at that. Remain polite and cordial, no flirting or hidden meaning. If she replies and tries to initiate further conversation, don't reply (interpret it as breadcrumbs unless she actually says something of substance regarding the two of you and your current situation).

All the best for 2018!

I think Iím going to take your advice and take her at her word. I replied with Hapoy New Year and havenít heard back. I know she still cares because she called me when she knew I wanted to speak with her but unfortunate missed the call.
Her pride has been hurt because she was moving faster than me and this has caused her to shut down. If I hear from her I do, if not it wasnít meant to be.
AussieGuy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:00 AM   #65
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderowl View Post
She doesn't seem to be very understanding. Once you kissed her, she effectively criticised by saying you'd waited long enough. It is possible for someone to be welcoming and encouraging but at the same time to appear critical. Maybe you were reticent for a reason. Maybe you didn't quite trust her. Maybe that was right.

If you do want a girl, you need to show her you care and are interested in her as a whole person. You should be able to take that at a comfortable pace. If you appear to be 'going through the motions' but your feelings do not match, then that might be why she gave up. She could have given up because she is an impulsive, impatient person. Is that the sort of person you would have felt comfortable with.

There does not seem to be any point in chasing her further. You have tried to contact her a few times and she has not picked up. She could try and contact you too. If she has given up or finds it too difficult for her, then forget her. It sounds like both of you have reached a point of discomfort and, for whatever reason, the starts are just not lining up for you.
When she questioned me about the timing of the kiss, I got kinda pissed off and got defensive and thatís when she started to pull away, which to be honest I think is quite unfair considering how I tried to improve her Xmas because she was having a crap one.
Mkn1010 likes this.
AussieGuy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:03 AM   #66
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by salparadise View Post
She's intentionally making it a lot more difficult than it needs to be or should be. What you should probably accept is that even if you were to get things going again, this is the way she is and any relationship would be more of the same.

She has some rigid expectations that you can't meet because you can't read minds, and even if you could who wants to dedicate their entire existence to placating a woman who is this difficult and determined to be unhappy.

In the beginning I think she wanted you to pursue with maximum diligence, but she made the mistake of showing her hand first, and when you weren't ready her pride was hurt. Now she's angry/resentful and is giving you just enough to get you to jump through hoops. She has turned antagonistic and cannot equilibrate and allow it to work.

I think you should just let her go (and I don't usually advise giving up easily). There's just not going to be any peace or satisfaction with this one.
Unfortunate I think you may be right. I absolutely believe her pride has been hurt and itís not a deal breaker to go at different speeds in the first four weeks. With her not giving me the opportunity to explain my feelings or explain I was taking it slower than her really annoys me because it seems everything is on her terms.
AussieGuy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 1:21 AM   #67
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
Meh. Sounds like this girl has issues. Youíve only been dating for a few weeks. What does she want? for you to tell her how much you love her every five minutes? I wouldíve turn it into humor and kid her around. Iíd say something like ďOkay honey, Iím gonna make a huge deposit in your love bank right now. Are you ready? then say I love you, I love you, I love you ( (at least 100 times to her).Ē Iíd say it with a smile. Kinda like the way The Rock would. Then observe her reaction. But Iím pretty sure sheíd grow more uptight and insecure. Because she is. Can you live with someone like her for the next forty years? you dodged a bullet here my friend, as far as Iím concerned. The reason you want to go after her is because she rejected you. Itís an aphrodisiac. But donít.

Itís perfectly fine for you to go slow with her. Youíre supposed to go slow with a woman.

Sheís insecure and she has issues. I would never contact her again. Itís best to let this one go. Block her number, and her social media. If she contacts you tell her you have a date in the bathroom and that you canít speak to her. Then block her.

Next time donít let your interest level creep up in the high 80ís.

I actually have to agree with this whole post (and coming from a 31 year old Aussie woman).


I really don't agree with what others have said here about what "women want" in terms of moving quickly and expecting an abundance of affection early on - far too many generalisations - I, for one, do not open up to just any guy and find affection really hard. If someone was putting that all on me in the first five weeks, I'd bail! I do not want that from someone who is still largely a stranger to me!


5 weeks is nothing considering you would have met a handful of times - THAT'S IT! and her comment about how long it took you to kiss her sounds like a p*ssy tantrum.


It honestly just sounds like she's all about 'go hard, or go home' and people like that are often unstable. There's absolutely nothing wrong with moving slow, you just need to find someone more compatible.
Mkn1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 3:11 AM   #68
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkn1010 View Post
I actually have to agree with this whole post (and coming from a 31 year old Aussie woman).


I really don't agree with what others have said here about what "women want" in terms of moving quickly and expecting an abundance of affection early on - far too many generalisations - I, for one, do not open up to just any guy and find affection really hard. If someone was putting that all on me in the first five weeks, I'd bail! I do not want that from someone who is still largely a stranger to me!


5 weeks is nothing considering you would have met a handful of times - THAT'S IT! and her comment about how long it took you to kiss her sounds like a p*ssy tantrum.


It honestly just sounds like she's all about 'go hard, or go home' and people like that are often unstable. There's absolutely nothing wrong with moving slow, you just need to find someone more compatible.

We went on 3 dates in the five weeks, but texted each other all day everyday...when she mentioned the kiss, I responded with ďIím not sure if Iíll do anything that will make you happyĒ, I was annoyed because I tried to make her Xmas a lot better, took her to see Xmas lights and dinner because her Xmas was pretty crappy and she said I was overreacting and I took it the wrong way. From there on it went downhill.

As much as I liked her, thereís probably a few red flags there.
AussieGuy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 3:40 AM   #69
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,684
Yeah right ,gotta admit l thought there'd been a lot more goin on in that time, 3 dates isn't much .

l dunno , l'm in two minds and in a similar sitch myself and getting towey already, only 3 wks.but mine wants to go very slow too.

She is sounding prickly for sure though, but at the same time to me personally 5 wks is a fairly long to have had so little.But l'd be wondering if she's always prickly later on , or just pissed at this time thing right now.

But if that's what your comfortable with then there's also nothing wrong with that, everyone's different, guess we just need the other person like minded,

Last edited by Chilli; 2nd January 2018 at 3:43 AM..
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 4:19 AM   #70
Established Member
 
Popsicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,166
You both sound resentful at this point. Sure there is attraction there, which is why you keep seeing/talking to each other, but neither of you are forgiving and opening up your heart.
Chilli likes this.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 4:40 AM   #71
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
You both sound resentful at this point. Sure there is attraction there, which is why you keep seeing/talking to each other, but neither of you are forgiving and opening up your heart.

I am willing to open up but she doesnít want to hear it, which is unfair I think but thatís her choice.
AussieGuy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 4:43 AM   #72
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Yeah right ,gotta admit l thought there'd been a lot more goin on in that time, 3 dates isn't much .

l dunno , l'm in two minds and in a similar sitch myself and getting towey already, only 3 wks.but mine wants to go very slow too.

She is sounding prickly for sure though, but at the same time to me personally 5 wks is a fairly long to have had so little.But l'd be wondering if she's always prickly later on , or just pissed at this time thing right now.

But if that's what your comfortable with then there's also nothing wrong with that, everyone's different, guess we just need the other person like minded,
Four times including the night we met, I was sick for a few days so had to cancel one date and we were both so busy at work at this time of year, I think thatís why we texted all day everyday because we couldnít see each other 1-2 a week. If two people like each other but one is a week or so ahead in expressing feelings, to me that isnít a deal breaker...I mean for me to tell her I like her two days after our last date and for her to say sheís unavailable, I think thatís a bit cut throat.

Pride is hurt and I think thatís why she **** down. I also believe she has some issues relating back to her ex about feeling wanted etc so that will play into it as well.
AussieGuy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 4:57 AM   #73
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,684
Yeah right.
Sounds like you got it all sussed pretty good to me , agree with ya but damn, now to decide what to do with it eh.

Don't worry l've got a similar issue.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 5:09 AM   #74
Established Member
 
Popsicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGuy2018 View Post
I am willing to open up but she doesn’t want to hear it, which is unfair I think but that’s her choice.
Your story was brief in your opening post, but I really don't know the timeline of all this. Did she give you a lot of chances to open up in the beginning and you refused, then only when she had enough and was ready to leave, that's when you open up?

What's unfair is that people hold back in order to protect their heart. Which you both have done. You gave her a reason to believe that she needs to protect her heart and she doesn't trust you yet to open hers back up. She wondered why you were even bothering with her in the beginning if you're not open to her. Now you're wondering why she's bothering if she's not open. See how this creates such a vicious cycle?

The only advice I can give you is to give it time and BE OPEN. Normally I tell people to run when someone acts all distant (which you did in the beginning and now she is doing) but since she has shown in the past that she can be open, then we know she is capable and I'd say stick it out and let time and an open heart work it's magic.

Last edited by Popsicle; 2nd January 2018 at 5:11 AM..
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 5:12 AM   #75
Established Member
 
Popsicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,166
I guess I'm just trying to say that we get what we give.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sticky Situation, need guidance Pyramidsong Dating 2 24th May 2016 11:47 AM
Need guidance on college situation. dallascowboys1992 Dating 4 14th August 2013 6:26 PM
Need guidance. Stuck on situation LoveHurts88 Breaks and Breaking Up 0 17th October 2012 3:26 PM
Needing guidance in this situation oasisrob22 Second Chances 6 21st June 2010 5:59 PM
Need guidance with my situation.... ResTechof3 Marriage & Life Partnerships 5 23rd December 2008 2:27 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.