Not replying to her goodnight text because you saw it late?

fmfan08

Had a good date, couldn't figure her out at points but she told me she was sarcastic so I put it down to that. She ended up kissing my face off at the end and told me to text her when I got back. All going well!

I reached out when I got back asking if she got home safe and that I had a nice evening, including a joke from what happened that evening.

She suggested a possible date #2 so I asked when she was next free to get together. She said it would have to be next week but it would be Tuesday or Thursday, so I said that was okay but I'll have to get back to her tomorrow when I find out my work schedule. She said it was fine and ended the conversation saying goodnight.

I wasn't at my phone and 20-30 minutes had passed (it was half past midnight). I didn't reply saying goodnight incase I wake her up, with her up early for work, etc. Guess I didn't want to seem inconsiderate of her sleep unless that sounds silly!

I do plan to re-initiate contact with her tomorrow when I'm at work with the date and time of our next date though..

This shouldn't be an issue not replying to her goodnight? I felt like it was better to not wake her up, by the time I saw it! Rather get back in touch when I have the logistics ready for the next date.

• Author

I won't find out until early afternoon, like 2-3pm as I'm working late tomorrow. I'll just say "Hey, saw your text late last night and didn't want to wake you up" then proceed to tell her what day works for date #2.

Had a good date, couldn't figure her out at points but she told me she was sarcastic so I put it down to that. She ended up kissing my face off at the end and told me to text her when I got back. All going well!

I reached out when I got back asking if she got home safe and that I had a nice evening, including a joke from what happened that evening.

She suggested a possible date #2 so I asked when she was next free to get together. She said it would have to be next week but it would be Tuesday or Thursday, so I said that was okay but I'll have to get back to her tomorrow when I find out my work schedule. She said it was fine and ended the conversation saying goodnight.

I wasn't at my phone and 20-30 minutes had passed (it was half past midnight). I didn't reply saying goodnight incase I wake her up, with her up early for work, etc. Guess I didn't want to seem inconsiderate of her sleep unless that sounds silly!

I do plan to re-initiate contact with her tomorrow when I'm at work with the date and time of our next date though..

This shouldn't be an issue not replying to her goodnight? I felt like it was better to not wake her up, by the time I saw it! Rather get back in touch when I have the logistics ready for the next date.

No, if anything I wouldn't text too much especially at the beginning.

• Author
No, if anything I wouldn't text too much especially at the beginning.

I mentioned on the date that I'm not too big into texting as I prefer just setting up the date and then waiting until the date to talk. She was in full agreement incase there was nothing to talk about. She also said my response time was just about right, that I wasn't texting her every five minutes but not taking ages to either. I'd vary it between 20 mins and 4 hours dependent on if I was working or phone was in another room.

If I take a few hours she'll reply back quite quickly and our texts are usually quite detailed, but I try to refrain from "getting to know each other" over it.

I do feel you need some degree of texting/contact with online dating as I've found most girls aren't comfortable meeting without it.

• Like 1

Personally, I would text when I got up in the morning, say good morning, and you can include you were afraid to text too late for fear of waking her up. Get back to her again later in the day when you find out your schedule.

• Like 3
  • Author
Personally, I would text when I got up in the morning, say good morning, and you can include you were afraid to text too late for fear of waking her up. Get back to her again later in the day when you find out your schedule.

Yeah I like that! I feel like waiting until early afternoon would be something I'd typically do to mess it up. Okay, I'll text her around 9am when I get up and avoid the date details until I find out when I'm free.

Oh for Pete's sake. This sounds like a modern version of that childish thing people used to do when one would say you hang up 1st, no you hang up first & they would go back & forth for several minutes trying to decide how to disconnect the call.

She said "good night." That is a conversation ender. You don't need to have the last word by saying it back.

Your plan to reach out when you wake up is a good one.

• Like 2