Dating Profile Suggestions

DatingLo

I'm having major difficulties with my profile for online dating, specifically for tinder and bumble. It feels like I've hit a road block. My pictures are decent (around 80 to 90% in photofeeler), I just seem to be lacking an interesting vacation photo or something like that, my photos tend to be a professional looking photo. I'm 30M looking to match with women in 21 to 33 age range.

I am logical, and I have social anxiety so what I come up with tends to be boring and lame. So I've resorted like 1 line that lists my height and this, "Avid reader, fitness, travel" probably reduces my matches, and quality of matches drastically.

I'll mention my interests to try to help the reader. I like reading, traveling, watching Netflix, exercising in the gym (hiking/camping too but haven't gone often). I like the healthcare field and helping people, I am a nurse.

I've done some googling and youtubeing, but haven't really found stuff that helps much.

I think a good description will help, I rarely if ever seem to match with high quality girls that I am interested in, it's mainly just dates I'm not sure about. Getting a decent amount of dates with people I am actually interested is my ideal goal. I would really appreciate suggestions.

Gotta be different than every other guy.

Something like:

You prolly got about a zillion freaky and disturbing replies so I'll try to be as sane as possible lol.

I'm looking for the exact some thing you are. I'm 30 years old, good job, dress well and got my **** together, I have a high sex drive and super picky about my partners. I don't want to married right away or anything but I miss companionship and sharing laughs and swapping stories.

Perhaps we can really hit it off and make some magic happen?

If any of this sounds appealing to you then reply and and see what happens.

Feel free to copy paste if you like.

haha , like that first line , you watch it'll pop up all over date sites now with all the wanna be's.

Anyway , don't worry about ya damn photos , just take a couple of selfies n chuckem in, that's all l did , met heaps.

in the rest, tbh you sound way too rehearsed , just be you.

• Author

Seems like I'm clueless how to fix it and I don't get it. This is the only way I know how to write it and it's boring and lame.

As for that example, seems risky not sure it would work. I honestly have no idea what works. Might be better to be risky and stand out and get some dates versus next to none.

I have never been on Bumble or Tinder but they both have reputations as places to find quick NSA hookups not quality relationships. Have you considered the fact that it might not be you but the platforms you have chosen?

• Like 1
Have you considered the fact that it might not be you but the platforms you have chosen?

Yes, that certainly seems to be true.

But writing a boring/lame profile on any other site will have similar results.

Everyone thinks their photos are great, even people with lame photos.

I'd recommend choosing a more relationship-oriented site. Create the BEST profile you can, and post a thread in their profile review forum. This forum doesn't allow posting of personally identifying information so it's difficult to give personalised recommendations. If you post on your chosen site's forums, nice people will help you create a good profile (but won't do the work for you!).