How do I stop being shy around my boyfriend's friends?

Michaela16

I am usually not like that but with them I feel like they are so important to him (he knows them since forever) that i feel intimidated by them. They are nice towards me but I want to be more close to them. I want to be able to start a conversation when my boyfriend is not around me.

You will stop being shy with them as time goes by. More often you see people more familiar they start feeling to you.

I was extremely shy when I was a young woman and I pushed myself through my shyness as often as I could and one day I stopped being shy.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic

I agree.....time will help. Some really outgoing people can instantly click with strangers, but for most people, entering a circle of friends who already have long-established relationships can be intimidating. Hopefully they are not teasing you too much about being too quiet, because that gets very annoying.

• Author

Yes! is so hard to enter a group of friends when they know each other since long time ago, I feel like an outsider even when he is my boyfriend haha

• Like 1

have you met his friends significant others? maybe plan a party and invite them over for drinks and horsdouvers

I want to be more close to them.

How long have you and this guy been dating and are you two officially exclusive with one another? Do his friends know you two are exclusive?

Stop trying to force it. They are most likely respecting your relationship with him by not getting too familiar with you.

Concentrate on being close to your boyfriend. Everything else will fall in line.

mortensorchid

I have a guy friend who I met all his long time guy friends when I first came into the scene here 20 years ago. I was a bit shy with them at first because I was the new factor that came in. Now it's all good. Start off by saying hands and introducing yourself. Be pleasant but not super friendly - your bf is who you are to be the most friendly with.

I am usually not like that but with them I feel like they are so important to him (he knows them since forever) that i feel intimidated by them. They are nice towards me but I want to be more close to them. I want to be able to start a conversation when my boyfriend is not around me.

That's a good start. In the time you've known them have you found out things about them? Work, hobbies, etc? Ask them about them. It's especially easy if it's something you're interested in.

But if they're always in a big group then as others have mentioned, it can be difficult. If you can see them in smaller groups or one on one it may get easier... or it may not if they aren't people you would normally make friends with.