LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Concerns about lack of physical intimacy early on

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2017, 5:49 AM   #61
Established Member

I think sheís not interested. Iíd move on and not have a stupid talk.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 7:47 AM   #62
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkn1010 View Post
OMG I just need to say how inaccurate the male perspectives here are about a female not being interested if she hasn't dropped her undies after a few dates.... that is just completely ridiculous and shows serious insecurity if you ask me!

I am a woman and so bloody glad I'm dating a good guy who has waited 7 dates so far for me!

***FYI fellas: some women actually have values and respect for their bodies (not to mention avoiding STIs) and don't bang randoms off the net who they have been in the presence of 4 times***
Lots of generalisations going on in both camps to be honest. If two grown ups want to sleep with each other: They should. Arbitrary rules doesnít help anyone. Yes, if you arenít ready; wait - but donít wait because of rule Y. Using sex as some form of reward for good behaviour - thatís at best disrespectful to ones own desires and at worst manipulative and cynical.
MaleIntuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 9:48 AM   #63
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker11356 View Post
In my experience, there's not really anything you can do at this point to change her mind.
I feel super embarrassed. I went to a networking event with an open bar and got super drunk last night. I ended up calling her around 1130 pm. She didnít answer and I sent a couple of super lame texts: ďWhy donít we chat on the phone or get some coffee? Sounds like youíve had an interesting rodeo to say the least.Ē ďYouíre the most interesting woman Iíve met in a while, itís really unfortunateĒ

Hahahah, at least the probability of making anything happen was low or non-existent.

Iím super disappointed, but I believe this explains her apprehensive nature pretty well. I really did get excited about her though.

I thought about apologizing for the late call and stuff but itís probably not worth it.
DMVeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 10:53 AM   #64
Established Member

No donít apologize. You need to move on and let this One go.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 12:11 PM   #65
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
No donít apologize. You need to move on and let this One go.
I am really having a hard time letting this go. Does anyone think itís worth a shot? Iím really mad at myself for drunk calling/texting!
Old 14th December 2017, 12:16 PM   #66
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMVeep View Post
I am really having a hard time letting this go. Does anyone think itís worth a shot? Iím really mad at myself for drunk calling/texting!
You could try (would not recommend it, though), but I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up at all.
newyorker11356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 12:25 PM   #67
Established Member

No, you need to let it go...

Quote:

She is not into you. You made a fool of yourself for the drunk calling/texting.

You need to keep your self-respect in tack and just move on.
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 2:21 PM   #68
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesPower View Post

She is not into you. You made a fool of yourself for the drunk calling/texting.

You need to keep your self-respect in tack and just move on.
Did what I say sound all that bad? I didn’t leave a message when I called, it wasn’t absurdly late either.
Old 14th December 2017, 4:02 PM   #69
Established Member

Good grief yes...

Quote:
Did what I say sound all that bad? I didnít leave a message when I called, it wasnít absurdly late either.
Good grief yes... get a grip, you blew this one, OK?????

You drunk called and texted, it was done forever once you did that.

Have you ever been in a relationship, at all?

My young brother, you have so much to learn.

Yes, leave this one be.

Start with a new girl and use what you should have learned here to do better next time.
Kellens likes this.
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 4:41 PM   #70
Established Member

I would be so annoyed at you if I were her because just you can't get the message. She is not interested. Is this the only available woman to date where you live? If not just move on and leave her alone.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 5:04 PM   #71
Established Member

Drunk calling and texting? Dude, youíve been on four datesÖyouíre way too invested.

If you dislike ghosting, donít be that guy that makes ghosting seem like a good idea by trying to debate with her and convince her to be attracted to you. She told you whatís up, now do your part and respect her decision.

Delete her number and move on. Anything else is embarrassing yourself and reaffirming her decision in her mind.
Kellens likes this.
Yosemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 8:42 PM   #72
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesPower View Post
Good grief yes... get a grip, you blew this one, OK?????

You drunk called and texted, it was done forever once you did that.

Have you ever been in a relationship, at all?

My young brother, you have so much to learn.

Yes, leave this one be.

Start with a new girl and use what you should have learned here to do better next time.
I’ve been on a ridiculous number of dates over the past year. She was a stand out. I hadn’t felt that excited about anyone in a very long time.after our third date, she was all I could think about. It was such an oddly strong feeling that I didn’t know was still in me, so yeah, it just felt very different, sorry for being human.

I did reach out to her one final time. I apologized for calling late. Said I had fun getting to know her a little, and told her to contact me if she changes her mind.

Interestingly, she replied back saying she had also had fun but just needed more time.

I know there was a great connection there, circumstances suck!

Last edited by DMVeep; 14th December 2017 at 8:47 PM..